KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Beacons of Gondor

The Beacons of Gondor
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ash007
Strength and Honour

Question The Beacons of Gondor

Ok you know when the Beacons are lit

all i want to know who actually lights them i mean the beacons are very high up in the mountians which means some people would always have to live there 24/7 always waiting and watching

must have been a very lonely and boaring job

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 04:37 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I say they take it in shifts, perhaps 12hrs each or 6hrs each.

But as we did see there were 2 people liting one up just as it leaves Gondor so I am guessing people do stay up there...in the cold...ouchie

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 04:52 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

What he said. smile

They're perhaps taking shift..though those mountains have very high elevations, some are beyond the clouds. I wonder how they manage to breathe.

Sshhh!!! stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 04:56 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

i mean sometimes the beacons are not lit for many many years
it will be very boaring

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 04:57 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

hehe good point,

erm....as you said it would be a bit of a nightmare to take shifts up so high. The Powers That be perhaps sent 2 people up their as their "life jobs" and those two people take shifts in their "hut"

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 04:58 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

also roughly how long do you think it took from the first beacon at Minas Tirith to pass through all of Gondor to Rohan to reach Ederas (SP)

It also passes through nightfall and then back to daytime so perhaps more than 12hrs or so I am guessing

Discos - i cant remember it saying the time in the book

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:00 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

man that is a fecking shite job.
I would just lit the beacons for no reasons to see what happens

ha ha ha ha ha ha

devil

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:01 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

it the book it said about a day
i might be wrong

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:02 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

I was thinking exactly the same thing ash007! I asked my friend about it and she told me that they just like take shifts and stuff too big grin

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:04 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

But some of them is like on a fecking mountian
which is really high up smile

I mean it will be very cold and dark.

Plus after the Beacons were lit they had to start all over again and collect more wood and stuff

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:08 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

I suppose it would be a simple job but it would of been shit back then as I dont think you get paid or that there was such things as money

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:14 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

i know man but imagine being the guy who has to do it

would be really boaring waiting for all these years

doing jack shit

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:17 PM
Elessea

that would be a boring job. hopefully whoever was with you got along with you, or else it would be a REALLY boring life smile I don't think i could do it. i talk way too much, and would probably annoy the other people so much taht they jump of the mountain

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:20 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

yep boring indeed, erm I suppose it would be highly amusing liting them off for a laugh, see Rohan's armies go to Minas Tirith and be "erm, wtf"

Discos - probably get the sentance of death though

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:23 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

ha ha

indeed smile

i mean whats stopping the people form leaving i mean who would notice

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:24 PM
Elessea

lol. Yea, I could lite them on fire smile then when they jumped off the mountain they would be just like denethor smile

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:24 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

lol, I would probably get bored of the job and walk away

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:27 PM
Elessea

yea. Too boring for me. I could probably go for a while as long as i had a computor and could come to KMC and talk smile i dont think i would ever get bored then stick out tongue lol

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:36 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

back then I doubt there was much to do, perhaps the people simply talked and read at the beacons

Discos - and of course sleep,etc etc

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:37 PM
Elessea

yea. Too boring. maybe they sword fighted with each oter smile

I know thats really bad grammer, but who cares smile

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:46 PM