KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Radagst the Brown

Radagst the Brown
Started by: ZoSo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

Warning Radagst the Brown

In FotR, and the end of RotK, when the butterfly comes, could it not be said that the butterfly was Radagast?
In the LotR book, it is said:
"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue."
Could PJ not say that the butterfly was Radagast, and that he had come with tidings to Orthanc?
Or, that it was an emissary of Radagast, sent to Orthanc with tiddings, and then later to signal the coming of the Eagles?
Think on this. cool

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:07 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Mothy wasnt in the book versions

So no, its not radagast

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:11 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

said could PJ say that it "WAS".
'Cause Elves weren't in Helm's Deep in the book, so by your logic, they weren't Elves.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:12 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Yeah but the elves at helms deep say 'hello, we are good looking elves, we will help'

In FotR and RotK there is NOTHING WHATSOEVER that indicates The moth is radagast

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:14 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Holy shit....your hardcore........you need 'absolute evidence'.....
What about when PJ and Fran Walsh said 'We just don't show them going into the Old Forest...."Yeah, jack shit, you guys are just lazy.
Maybe no one else would have sat and watched a 12-hour movie, but I would've.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:17 PM
The Inkeeper

So would i, but what does that have to do with anything?

Tom bombadil puts nothing into the story, maybe if he waltzed into the battle at the black gate and sang the orcs to death, maybe they would have put him in FotR

But he does nothing

Hello tom, Bye Tom.

All he does is give them the swords, which they were instead given by galadriel

Because galadriel must give them that, instead of the real gifts, as there was no scouring, so no need for seeds wink

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:21 PM
The Rover

See.....I forgot that.....AND THAT PISSES ME OFF, SO MUCH, IT'S NOT FUNNY.
DEATH TO THE USURPERS!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 07:22 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

OMG i just realized an important point about the Sword used to kill the Wraith king... Tom gave merry the only sword by fate that could peirce his armor... that is a really important over looked fact... everyone thought the wraith king just died by a normal weapon sad

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 10:49 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Hey....your right!
Good for you, for figuring that out!
I didn't......................

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 10:58 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blast, I thought it was "Radgast"...so much for my theory that the wizards had seven letters in their names.

EDIT: Who is the other, less-known wizard that I can't think of? There's Saruman, Gandalf, Radagast, and...?

Last edited by Zeal Ex Nihilo on Jul 17th, 2004 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 01:04 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

in the films Aragorn gives them swords...
galadriel gives them daggers which they loose...
merry and pippin are armed by citiy armies of minas tirith and edoras...
sam still has his sword form aragorn...
and obviously frodo gets sting from bilbo...

every one pitches in! smile

as for Tom Bombadil... he illustrates that the ring does not effect everything... he gives the ring depth...

the one sad thing about loosing tom, is the loss of the Barrow wight...
that would have been a cool scene!

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 01:26 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by FeceMan
EDIT: Who is the other, less-known wizard that I can't think of? There's Saruman, Gandalf, Radagast, and...?

... and the two Blue Wizards (Ithryn Luin), Alatar and Pallando.

The idea of the Moth and Radagast is interesting... but I dont think PJ would think so much about ideas like that laughing out loud

The function of R. would be quite different from the book where he unknowingly leads Gandalf into Saruman's, hm, trap, while in the film - he'd rescue him? blink

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 09:43 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

quote:
Originally posted by Melkórë
Holy shit....your hardcore........you need 'absolute evidence'.....
What about when PJ and Fran Walsh said 'We just don't show them going into the Old Forest...."

Yeah, jack shit, you guys are just lazy.

How dare you call them lazy you git. Sorry for the language but that annoys me to shit calling them lazy. a 7 year project gone excellent and you call them lazy? Good call

as for Radagast.....he rules, he was Gwaihir's drinking buddy and sent them to the black gate so he could steal his pint

Discos - ah its been a while since you have all heard my nonsence

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 01:18 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote:
Originally posted by Exabyte
... and the two Blue Wizards (Ithryn Luin), Alatar and Pallando.

The idea of the Moth and Radagast is interesting... but I dont think PJ would think so much about ideas like that laughing out loud

The function of R. would be quite different from the book where he unknowingly leads Gandalf into Saruman's, hm, trap, while in the film - he'd rescue him? blink

Ok, so the Radagast=Moth thing is ruined....(by the way, I PMed him last night about the two Ithryn Luin).....

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 02:01 PM
shaber
schizoid

The elf captain at Helm's Deep was unbearably ugly. It detracted from the purpose.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 04:05 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

@shaber

yes yes
quote:
Originally posted by Melkórë
Ok, so the Radagast=Moth thing is ruined...

Not ruined Ô_o why should it be ruined?
I just wrote my opinion, like everybody else here no expression

In my opinion it is a very interesting and also intelligent theory, I just fear that's too much thinking and interpretation for this film... if Mothy really would be, they would definitely have mentioned something in the making-ofs so that more people can take part in their ingenious ways of thinking stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 07:44 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

or he might have also sent the moth erm

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 08:52 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Thats what I said..........

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 11:31 PM
The Inkeeper

Haldir wasnt ugly.

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:23 PM
eezy45
Winter is coming

quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
Haldir wasnt ugly.

in the movie? sick yes he was sick

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:55 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote