KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Why didnt the Mithril Vest NOT protect Frodo from shelob?

Why didnt the Mithril Vest NOT protect Frodo from shelob?
Started by: OrliNElijahsGrl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

Question Why didnt the Mithril Vest NOT protect Frodo from shelob?

Alright we know Frodo has the Mithril vest on and everything, and it saved him from the cave trolls stabbing in fellowship, NOW...on ROTK when shelob stabbed Frodo with her stinger, shouldnt the Mithril vest save him again from the stabbing, why all of a sudden, hes hurt when hes stabbed by shelob with her stinger, but isnt when hes stabbed by the cave troll!

I mean..the mithril should of been thick enough to block the stab from shelob, leaving frodo un hurt

its been bugging me for a while now!

"There are some things time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold"-Frodo
Watch Lost every Wednesday at 8pm on ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by OrliNElijahsGrl on Aug 2nd, 2004 at 07:32 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 07:18 AM
OrliNElijahsGrl is currently offline Click here to Send OrliNElijahsGrl a Private Message Find more posts by OrliNElijahsGrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I say that's one of their mistakes - it didn't show where exactly Shelob stung him and we're guessing that it was just below the mithril shirt.

In the books he got stung on the neck.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:37 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

it shows you when he's in cirith ungol when he roles over. The scar is on his right shoulder.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 10:18 AM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

I'm not sure but I thought that wound was from the witch king(the right shoulder)

shelob is a powerfull creature...maybee she could pierce the vest...
or maybee she struck just above the vest...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:52 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 04:24 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

Wiki was on the left...honestly pay attention stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 05:01 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

In the book she stings his neck.

The film version is just a mistake made by Peter 'i like to change' Jackson smile

Im Back happy

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 05:35 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

Hmmm...cause it looks like shelob stabs him right around the same spot where the cave troll stabs him, and it just doesnt make any sense if the mithril vest can protect him from the stab from the cave troll and not protect him from shelobs stabbing, maybe your right, maybe her stinger was strong enough to go through the mithril, but its just been bugging me! And when it shows wide shots of Frodo tied up and trying to get out of the ropes, i dont even see a place where she stabbed him, unless i missed it, ill have to recheck and see but i remember not seeing a stab place where she stabbed him

"There are some things time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold"-Frodo

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 08:27 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl is currently offline Click here to Send OrliNElijahsGrl a Private Message Find more posts by OrliNElijahsGrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Lord1389

i never saw a stab spot either

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 08:38 PM
Dark_Lord1389 is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Lord1389 a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Lord1389 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I bet Shelob undressed him first shifty

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 08:49 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

The cave troll stabbed him in the stomach o.O doesn't anyone pay attention to detail?

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:49 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

yeah, i saw that the cave troll stabbed him in the stomach, and it seems like thats where shelob stabbed him too, but even if she did stab him around the same spot as the cave trolls stabbing or more above it, the mithril should of protected him from it!

Oooh well at least im not the only one who didnt see shelobs stab wound on frodo, im going to watch and see tonight to see if i see it, but i remember as watching it the many times i do, i remember not seeing it, but im gonna recheck

LOL@shaber! thats funny!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 11:39 PM
Greenleaf_luver
Mrs. Greenleaf

Mithril vest

Why didn't the mithril vest protect frodo from the troll's weapon thing. And even if it wasn't thick enough, then why did he look like he was in a ton of pain and then suddenly not? I'm confused. confused

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 12:36 AM
Greenleaf_luver is currently offline Click here to Send Greenleaf_luver a Private Message Find more posts by Greenleaf_luver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

the mithril did protect frodo from the troll stabbing him, maybe he was acting like he was in pain so the troll would leave him be, but the mithril did save him, BUT...why didnt it save him from shelobs stabbing?

And i did watch ROTK tonight and looked to see if i could see the wound from shelob whenever he was shirtless and tied up, i didnt see any wound mark, i rewinded and rewinded and didnt see any wound mark where shelob stabbed him, AND i even noticed, before Frodo got stabbed by shelob, that it looks like he doesnt even have the mithril on, cause in the beginning when i showed him put the ring back under his shirt, you can see the mithril really well, but before shelob stabbed him and she was doing the sneak attack on him, you dont see the mithril

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 04:22 AM
shaber
schizoid

In the book Frodo was stabbed by a large orc and the mithril stopped the blade from piercing him, but he still felt like he was struck very hard in the stomach. That would have winded anyone.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 09:55 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

Oh for ffs if you won't listen i won't bother.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 11:05 AM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

just a mistake i think

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 03:18 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

im listening thorondor!

Right shaber, but the point im trying to get across is why didnt the mithril save frodo from shelob if it could protect him from the cave trolls stabbing!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 07:29 PM
shaber
schizoid

I've suggested an answer to that, too shifty

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 07:43 PM
OrliNElijahsGrl
A Proud Ringer

whats the suggestion...cause its been driving me bonkers lately!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:03 PM