KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Why Gandalf didn't fight the Witch King

Why Gandalf didn't fight the Witch King
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Why Gandalf didn't fight the Witch King

In the book if i'm right Gandalf the White fought against the Witch King, and in the ROTK they just use him as a traffic light, hitting with a little light the Nazguls, and then fighting against the army of Mordor, but he doesn't use his magic powers.It was wrong from my personal opinion, also the fight with the Witch King could have to be most spectacular except for the defeat of Sauron.

P.S. Is it my impression or Viggo Mortensen have a facial espression of someone who has been hittend in the OO and is feeling pain for all the duration of the movie when he's not fighting?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 08:59 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Suzuka

I'm not going to comment about Aragorn.

About the witch king fight, that was the most disapointing added scene, it did no good...I just skip it stick out tongue

"Hip hip"

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 04:35 AM
Suzuka is currently offline Click here to Send Suzuka a Private Message Find more posts by Suzuka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

disapointing? He had a big flaming sword confused
He tells Gandalf hes going to kill him!

Gandalf didnt fight him because 'no man can kill him' and as far as i can tell, Gandafl is a man. Plus, he didnt have one of those sexy noldor swords.

If he killed wiki, theoden would live, the charge wouldnt be as dramatic, wouldnt be as effective on the audience and would overall be disapointing.

Plus- Viggo is

Im Back happy

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 06:26 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naredhel
General

... anyway, they did fight... kinda... Just don't ***** without having seen the EE...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 06:56 PM
Naredhel is currently offline Click here to Send Naredhel a Private Message Find more posts by Naredhel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

tons of things from the book are inaccurate and it pisses me off, but oh well

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:13 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

In the book, they just had a stand-off, but no real "one-on-one fight" per se. It was a bit like the movie, only in the book, Gandalf didn't fell off from Shadowfax and looked like a powerless wimp. stick out tongue

About Viggo's facial expression, well, Aragorn in the book was always described as " ragged and grim-looking" so Viggo and the crew wanted to pull that off. stick out tongue

And sauron, your sig is awesome! big grin I remember that from way back Valentine's Day of last year. Oh, I remember some tension. shifty laughing

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:17 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Lets not go into that shall we?

Im Back happy

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:19 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

OK. yes

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:30 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Why are you cooking legolas' lungs?

Im Back happy

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 07:35 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

She isn't cooking Legolas' lungs..she's cooking inside Legolas' lungs yes lol big grin Isn't this a bit off topic.....

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 04:42 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

What happened between Sauron and sb last year? I want to know?
(Really off-topic)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 06:07 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by Mandos
(Really off-topic)

lol, nothing happened between us. no expression

But like sauron said, let's not get into it, or just ask him via PM if you're really interested. no expression

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 08:06 PM
The Inkeeper

if your really interest dont ask me.
Infact, dont ask anybody or even try to think about asking me or anybody.
yes

Im Back happy

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 09:42 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

laughing

quote:
Originally posted by Mandos
(Really off-topic)

I'm trying to remember. I just remember, that me and s-b, were falling in love very soon around that time...

I don't think I ever stopped fallingno expression

I love you, s-b!

oh yeah....gandalf...he's cool.

srryembarrasment

Last edited by Smodden on Feb 3rd, 2005 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 10:17 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

... I'm left perplex as usual.
Though being me

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 09:19 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mace Skywalker

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
tons of things from the book are inaccurate and it pisses me off, but oh well

their are many reasons but you probably wouldnt like those either.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 07:44 PM
Mace Skywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Mace Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Mace Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

Re: Why Gandalf didn't fight the Witch King

quote:
Originally posted by K3VIL
In the book if i'm right Gandalf the White fought against the Witch King, and in the ROTK they just use him as a traffic light, hitting with a little light the Nazguls, and then fighting against the army of Mordor, but he doesn't use his magic powers.It was wrong from my personal opinion, also the fight with the Witch King could have to be most spectacular except for the defeat of Sauron.

P.S. Is it my impression or Viggo Mortensen have a facial espression of someone who has been hittend in the OO and is feeling pain for all the duration of the movie when he's not fighting?

I agree, the Witch-King died too soon and too easy, the Witch-King is symbolized as a powerful being and slayed as an unpowerful being.
It sure should have been more spectacular, it would have been even better when the Witch-King slayed Gandalf, for as I said before: it symbolizes a powerful being...

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 05:46 PM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

But thats not how it happend in the book ^^ and tehy wouldn't have added that drastic of a scene to the movie...

There is a short scene in the EE...so you might wanna watch taht...though it doesnt really add too much

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 05:51 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

To my opinion the movie is completely different, I would rather call it a "based-on" movie, which never is the same, but always (a little or more) follows its own path...

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 06:58 PM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

I understand compleatly...it is a compleatly differnet entity from the book, but They dont add in such huge scens as Gandalf being killed by Wiki and destroy the entire plot...that just wouldnt work...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:02 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote