KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Drogoth the Dragon Lord

Drogoth the Dragon Lord
Started by: Sin Harvest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Drogoth the Dragon Lord

Drogoth, who is named the Dragon Lord because of his likeness to the great Dragons of old, is one of many dragons that originate from the Withered Heath in the Grey Mountains in the far north of Middle-earth, and is one of the few who still seeks power openly. Before the War of the Ring, Drogoth slept undisturbed. But he was persuaded by Sauron to help in his campaign in exchange for one of the Dwarven Rings of Power which were confiscated from the heads of the seven major Dwarven clans when they were captured and held in Dol Guldur.

Drogoth flew to the Blue Mountains and drove out the native Dwarven clan, and turned it into his new lair. The survivors sent a lone messenger to get help. This messenger made his way east and was captured at the Ettenmoors by the Goblins. He is later rescued by an Elven army under Glorfindel and Glóin and tells them what has happened. The heroes set out for the Blue Mountains and with the help of a small Dwarven army made up of the survivors of Drogoth's devastation, they retake the mountain halls, drive out the Goblins that have infested them, and kill Drogoth. The Dwarven ring is recovered and the Blue Mountains reclaimed.

So I was wondering how would you rank Drogoth compared to other dragons like Glaurung, Ancalagon, Scatha, and Smaug and also compared to the balrogs like Gothmog.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 06:36 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Drogoth? I take it this is a 'made up' dragon? Ive never heard of it before lol.

Well, Glaurung was like one of the greatest Dragons ever and took Turin to defeat him. This Drogoth took a bunch of Elves? Not that impressive!

The mightiest of Morgoth's winged dragons was Ancalagon so Drogoth is like nothing speacial compared to him!

Scatha and Drogoth are prob the same, seeing how Scatha wasnt that strong/powerful

Smaug was cool so Drogoth doesnt beat hime either stick out tongue lol

Ancalgon
Glaurung
Smaug
Scatha/Drogoth
Thats how id rate them. The Balrogs are strong and Maiar aswell so thed rank high!

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 03:15 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanielLB
Drogoth? I take it this is a 'made up' dragon? Ive never heard of it before lol.

Well, Glaurung was like one of the greatest Dragons ever and took Turin to defeat him. This Drogoth took a bunch of Elves? Not that impressive!

The mightiest of Morgoth's winged dragons was Ancalagon so Drogoth is like nothing speacial compared to him!

Scatha and Drogoth are prob the same, seeing how Scatha wasnt that strong/powerful

Smaug was cool so Drogoth doesnt beat hime either stick out tongue lol

Ancalgon
Glaurung
Smaug
Scatha/Drogoth
Thats how id rate them. The Balrogs are strong and Maiar aswell so thed rank high!

Drogoth appears in the Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II the video game.

I just wanted to see how the "new" dragon would rank upon other dragons.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 08:36 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Bah!

Even Smaug would wipe him out....stick out tongue

BTW....Gothmog wasn't a dragon.... wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 12:50 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

He was the Lord of the Balrogs like I stated above:

"and also compared to the balrogs like Gothmog."

But he was a winged dragon and those were Morgoth's greatest servants and that was including Balrogs.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:43 AM
Mandos
Why would I want more?

pussy dragon...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:23 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Originally posted by Sin Harvest

But he was a winged dragon and those were Morgoth's greatest servants and that was including Balrogs.

It has long been debated about Balrogs and their wings. There is no evidence for them for having wings

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:58 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It has long been debated about Balrogs and their wings. There is no evidence for them for having wings

What? I said:

Originally posted by Sin Harvest

I never said Balrogs had wings. I said that the winged dragon (not Balrog) was Morgoth's greatest servants and that was including the Balrogs for Melkor unleashed them as his last line of defense against the Vala.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 07:23 PM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

^ hahahaha! Im really sorry! I completly read your original message wrong! lol!

Sorry! Yeah, the winged creatures of ME and Arda were Morgoths greatests servants/weapons against good.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 08:23 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

^ hahahaha! Im really sorry! I completly read your original message wrong! lol!

Sorry! Yeah, the winged creatures of ME and Arda were Morgoths greatests servants/weapons against good.

No problem. Drogoth is a winged dragon (as said in BFME2) so I guess that would make him above the Balrogs but since he only appeared in a video game so he isn't really a part of Tolkien's Middle-Earth but it's pretty cool that some people add on to the war in the north that was mentioned in the book but Tolkien never explored it.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 08:54 PM
The Rover

Hmm....sorry, I guess I failed to read you entire post. Guess I just noticed "dragons" and "Goþmog"....

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 11:23 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Common mistake.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 10:35 AM
Fëanor

Originally posted by Belegûr
Bah!

Even Smaug would wipe him out....stick out tongue

BTW....Gothmog wasn't a dragon.... wink
he wasn't??? DAAAAMN!!!!
Originally posted by Mandos
pussy dragon...
what about Puff the magic dragon? now there's one i would not mess with.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 04:34 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by Fëanor
he wasn't??? DAAAAMN!!!! what about Puff the magic dragon? now there's one i would not mess with.

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 05:31 PM