KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » explain the gray havens to me.

explain the gray havens to me.
Started by: Legion_of_Maul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

explain the gray havens to me.

get to explaining.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 12:33 AM
Darth_Hexus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Port on the northwestern coast of Middle-earth. The Grey Havens were west of the Shire beyond the Tower Hills. The Havens were located where the River Lune emptied into the Gulf of Lune, which in turn opened onto the Sea. The ships of the Elves left Middle-earth from the Grey Havens and sailed westward across the Sea to the Undying Lands, where the spirits called the Valar dwelled.
The Grey Havens were founded by the Elves in the year 1 of the Second Age. The harborage in the Gulf of Lune was good and held many ships. The Great East Road ran from the Grey Havens across Eriador to Rivendell.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 11:51 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sexy. Oh yeah and Tom Bombadill was black.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 08:20 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Did that have any meaning to it at all?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:04 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Following the 'quest' signature, rather a goal than a meaning stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 09:38 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Yeah, putting it really stupidly into 'laymen's terms' or whatever it's called, The Grey Havens are sorta like the only major way outta Middle-Earth, and ya kinda gotta go with elves, or else ya get lost and die...

Wow... That could not have made less sense even if I really tried... I hope people understood it...

quote:

Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
Oh yeah and Tom Bombadill was black

No he wasn't. He was white, and we all know it, so don't make stupid comments!

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 06:04 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

does anyone know what the point of tom bombadill was.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 02:16 AM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dresta

Yeah. He saved them from the Borrow Wraiths and gave them their swords; Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin. Those swords are very important for they were designed to break the spell of the Witch-King in order to kill him.

Merry stabbed the Witch-King and the spell broke allowing him to get killed.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 09:45 AM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Originally posted by Sin Harvest
Yeah. He saved them from the Borrow Wraiths and gave them their swords; Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin. Those swords are very important for they were designed to break the spell of the Witch-King in order to kill him.

Merry stabbed the Witch-King and the spell broke allowing him to get killed.

Well put! Although, they were Barrow-wights!! lol big grin

And there are no pointless characters in LOTR Dresta. Just beacuse he had a small part in the book, doesnt mean we shouldnt have read about him! Simirly, Eowyn, who has a much bigger role than Tom, but also much smaller than others, is a very imprtant character! Without her, would the WiKi be dead? Who knows!?

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 11:29 AM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by DanielLB
Well put! Although, they were Barrow-wights!! lol big grin

And there are no pointless characters in LOTR Dresta. Just beacuse he had a small part in the book, doesnt mean we shouldnt have read about him! Simirly, Eowyn, who has a much bigger role than Tom, but also much smaller than others, is a very imprtant character! Without her, would the WiKi be dead? Who knows!?

Borrow, Barrow...typo
Wraiths, wights...thinking of Nazgūl.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 11:39 AM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

lol yeah i know :P

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 12:08 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
warcraft xs

Originally posted by Dresta

if u look in a lotr book and look at the page where it says the works of tolkien one of the books is called the adventures of tom babaldil has any1 read it

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:28 AM
warcraft xs is currently offline Click here to Send warcraft xs a Private Message Find more posts by warcraft xs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Although as an aside note, Earendil and Elwing managed to find the way to the undying lands without going with Elves but I believe Ulmo and the fact that they were bearing with them one of the Simarils aided them.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:02 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote