KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Samwise the Brave

Samwise the Brave
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aniron

Love Samwise the Brave

I did this thread last year so I'm starting it again.

Sam was the true hero. I love Sam, so brave and true! If it wasn't for him then the fellowship would have failed. He doesn't get enough credit!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:45 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I agree he also says the best line in the trilogy 'I cant carry it for u but i can carry u '

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:11 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

he has the best speeches. when I get married I want to hire sean astin just to do a speech. u also know the movie is coming to an end when same makes a speech, so I was looking for that when I saw the third one.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:43 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Actually if it wasn't for Gollum the ring would have never been destroyed. If it wasn't for Aragon then the orcs in Mordor would have no purpose for marching to the Black Gate. If it wasn't for Frodo the ring would have never reached Mount Doom. If it wasn't for Gandalf then the Balrog would have surely killed the fellowship. If it wasn't for Gimli they would have never taken the path to Moria. If it wasn't for Merry then the Witch-king would have lived and the outcome of Minas Tirith may have changed. If it wasn't for Pippin then the fellowship wouldn't have known that Sauron was attacking Minas Tirith. If it wasn't for Boromir Frodo may not have left the fellowship to go solo (well with Sam). If it wasn't for Legolas then the might of found out too late that the Balrog had come.

As you can clearly see every member of the fellowship and then some helped in the destruction of the One Ring. So don't go giving one person all the credit.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 06:11 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

if it wasn't for sam frodo would have died at the legs of shelob, or gollum would have killed him in his sleep, or he would never have even made it half way up mount doom. if it wasn't for sam the ring wouldn't have got as far as the dead marshes. SAM ROCKS!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 06:40 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
if it wasn't for sam frodo would have died at the legs of shelob, or gollum would have killed him in his sleep, or he would never have even made it half way up mount doom. if it wasn't for sam the ring wouldn't have got as far as the dead marshes. SAM ROCKS!

If it wasn't for Gollum Frodo would have taken the Ring and the Nazgul would have got it and Sauron would be back.

If it wasn't for Gandalf Rohan would have been destroyed and so would have Gondor.

If it wasn't for Aragon Gondor would have fallen and the orcs would have still been in Frodo's way to Mount Doom.

If it wasn't for Frodo the Ring would have never made it out of the Shire. Frodo is the only character in the LOTR never to kill anyone.

Face it Sam helped destroyed the Ring but his actions alone did very little

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 08:26 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

OMG GET OUT OF THIS THREAD SAM RULES!!!!!!! HIS ACTIONS DID SO MUCH YOU CAN LIST ALL YOU LIKE, SAMS EMOTIONS AND ACTIONS SPURRED FRODO ONWARDS! HIS ABILITY TO SEE GOLLUM FOR WHAT HE WAS STOPPED THE RING FROM BEING TAKEN AND FRODO FROM DYING. WITHOUT SAM THE FELLOWSHIP DOESN'T EXIST.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 09:37 PM
coolmovies

I agree with ESB he is right he did not know the way to mordor

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 10:01 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

they would have got there eventually!!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 10:18 PM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

In actuality the person who accomplished the least (but by no means little) was Legolas. All played their parts Frodo carried the burden yet Sam was his rock. But without the efforts of The others in the Fellowship. Without Faramir resisting temptation to take the ring then all of it would be for ruin. Even Eru is meant to have played a hand causing the final earth shift that cause Gollum to fall into the fires of Mt Doom. I have read this many times, it is one of the I think two occasions that Eru has shown a direct hand in affairs the other being the sinking of Numenor I believe (need to check this one up).

The very point of the fellowship is to work as one to stay true to one another for the common good, to praise one person above all others defeats this point in a way. Sam and Frodo are always seen as equal worth of praise even by King Elessar. On a side note I do however prefer Sam's character.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Last edited by Rogal Dorn on Oct 4th, 2006 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 10:20 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

no character bashing! lol legolas helped in his own way. they all did. this thread is just for the appreciation of Sam. I love that whatever he does is for his gaffer.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 10:23 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

How was that character bashing?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 09:10 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

sam sucks

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:38 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

Originally posted by kamikz
How was that character bashing?

you said legolas accomplished nothing! look if you don't like sam then I feel sorry for you. But people that do can come here and appreciate him.

GUESS WHAT!!! Just found out that this girl I know has met the four hobbits twice!!!! and they gave billy boyd a preasant that he keeps on his bathroom shelf!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:50 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by Dresta
sam sucks

And we all know what he likes to suck dont we Mr Frodo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:55 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

grow up. ooo sex ha ha ha very funny.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:12 PM
coolmovies

They where all good in there own way .We had a tread on legolos and now on sam . We should have one for aragorn after all he is the king

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 04:36 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Why not for the whole Fellowship? Sam could not have destroyed the One Ring. Aragon could not have destroyed the One Ring. Gandalf could not have destroyed the One Ring...but the Fellowship as a whole could and did (with a little outside help).

And wasn't it Frodo's trust in Gollum that allowed the One Ring to have been destroyed. If it wasn't for Frodo trusting Gollum so then Gollum would have no doubt been left behind or killed and thus Frodo would have never known about the secret way into Mordor and would have gone right to the Black Gates.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 12:32 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by vintageSW77
And we all know what he likes to suck dont we Mr Frodo?

Actually, that was funny as hell. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:05 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 01:49 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote