KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Darth Vader vs. Gandalf

Vader vs. Gandalf
This poll is closed.
Gandalf Pwns! 11 55.00%
Gandalf Wins but its close. 2 10.00%
Vader Pwns! 6 30.00%
Vader Wins but its close. 1 5.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Vader vs. Gandalf
Started by: Quinlan_Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Darth Vader vs. Gandalf

Can the White Wizard overcome the Dark Lord?

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:23 AM
-kV- is currently offline Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

I have to say I think Vader would win this. The Force can be used as both Passive and Offensive to a much higher degree than the natural power of the Istari. The Istari generally doesn't manifest something as deadly as Force Lightning and especially not for any sustained period of time. Even if we compare the two on a physical combat level longsword vs Lightsaber really doesn't work too well.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:33 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Why did u have to make this topic ???????????? sad

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:43 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

Vader would easily win a fight with gandalf.

even tho gandalf is powerful, its not really anything compared to the darkside of the force.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 11:27 AM
aj_vader is currently offline Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

vader wins this. he can do thins that gandalf can't parry. for example he choked a human being through a camera. he wasn't even in the same room!! I don't know if vader can do force lightning, he doesn't do it in the movie anyway. gandalf makes a small lightning in bilbo when attacked by goblins. nothing compared with sidious attacks really... gandalf will be defence less to the lightsaber as well. and vader can simply pull gandalfs staff. then gandalf can do even less. vader pwns.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 12:23 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thefallen544
I have to say I think Vader would win this. The Force can be used as both Passive and Offensive to a much higher degree than the natural power of the Istari. The Istari generally doesn't manifest something as deadly as Force Lightning and especially not for any sustained period of time. Even if we compare the two on a physical combat level longsword vs Lightsaber really doesn't work too well.

Agreed. ^

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 01:11 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Vader should have been able to use force lightening in theory, but due to his injuries he lost a lot of his power. It is also a strong theory that the force lightening requires organic matter to pass through as such Vader would not be able to fire it through his hands. Still even without the offensive threat of Force Lightning. Gandalf is defenseless against the Choking methods of Vader and lacks the offensive power to take him down.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 02:55 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

yupp

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 03:58 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by thefallen544
Vader should have been able to use force lightening in theory, but due to his injuries he lost a lot of his power. It is also a strong theory that the force lightening requires organic matter to pass through as such Vader would not be able to fire it through his hands. Still even without the offensive threat of Force Lightning. Gandalf is defenseless against the Choking methods of Vader and lacks the offensive power to take him down.

It is possible that Vader could fire lightning, though then he would fry his own metal hands on the way...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 05:01 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

just coz its star wars vader wins sad

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 04:19 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Originally posted by kamikz
It is possible that Vader could fire lightning, though then he would fry his own metal hands on the way...

Vader: Ahhhh tingly...
*Power panel dies*
Vader: Thats not good....okay anyone got jump leads?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 06:46 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Lol, yeah that would kinda be what would happen. I think he can, but it would be worthless as a weapon since he'd hurt himself...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:21 PM
OzzieArcane

A couple things about this. People say Vader could use the force choke but from what I remember(correct me if I'm wrong) didn't that not work on stronger willed people? I don't think he's ever used it on a Jedi for instance and Gandalf may be no Jedi but he's much more powerful then any regular person.

Also during the battle between Saruman and Gandalf they used pushes and pulls with magic similar to something you would see done with the force. Being Gandalf is more powerful as Gandalf the White then Saruman, I think it wouldn't be completely impossible that he could pull Vader's saber away just as easily as Vader could pull his staff. Of course this idea is based soley on the movies, as far as the LoTR novels I've only read the first one and not sure of the extent of Gandalf's power.

But the fact that a light saber can cut through anything that Gandalf might have, he's still at an unfair disadvantage. I just think it would be alittle closer then Vader simply pwning Gandalf.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 12:58 AM
OzzieArcane is currently offline Click here to Send OzzieArcane a Private Message Find more posts by OzzieArcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm..not exactly.

In one of the comics, Vader force chocked a Jedi Master, while saber fighting another. Also, even if Vader lost his saber he still ahs more physical strength then Gandalph, and cana lso still use the force.

vader would win, but I agree that he wouldn't pwn.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 04:06 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

On a side note I've never under stood why people spell it Gandalph...Anyhoo. Gandalf is pretty strong willed but the fight between Saurman and Gandalf involving the pushes and pulls is somewhat of a film "make it look good for the punters" thing. Its not like the force one cannot just yank things from each others hands swords etc. It may also be wise to point out that Gandalf's power was not housed in his staff it was within him. Without his staff he wouldn't have been powerless. He is however very unlikley to win against Vader.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 04:56 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by OzzieArcane
A couple things about this. People say Vader could use the force choke but from what I remember(correct me if I'm wrong) didn't that not work on stronger willed people? I don't think he's ever used it on a Jedi for instance and Gandalf may be no Jedi but he's much more powerful then any regular person.

Also during the battle between Saruman and Gandalf they used pushes and pulls with magic similar to something you would see done with the force. Being Gandalf is more powerful as Gandalf the White then Saruman, I think it wouldn't be completely impossible that he could pull Vader's saber away just as easily as Vader could pull his staff. Of course this idea is based soley on the movies, as far as the LoTR novels I've only read the first one and not sure of the extent of Gandalf's power.

But the fact that a light saber can cut through anything that Gandalf might have, he's still at an unfair disadvantage. I just think it would be alittle closer then Vader simply pwning Gandalf.

I belive you are confusing it with mind trick, cause choking people isn't limited to that, you actually don't try to mess with their mind, you just take a grip around their throat. He could force crush him as well, which would crush his lungs and... well his entire body....

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 07:49 PM
Nazgul lord

vader has the force but gandalf has a beard, and vader cant compete with that cause have you seen that cat with his helmet off its like one of those hairless dogs......anyways gandalf would win cause he can grow facial hair........

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:45 AM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

If we are talking about the Darth Vader from Eps 4,5, and 6 then the White Wizard will prevail. Eps 3 Vader is a Stale Mate IMO.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 12:35 AM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, its the other way around.

Vader is a lot more powerful in the OT then he was in the PT. More powerful in the force, anywya. But he had a pretty good one handed Djem-So thing going on to. He DID kill like, 6 Jedi Masters by himself at the same time in his suit.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 06:44 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

All well and good to say Gandalf would win in your opinion, but why do you think that. What could he use against Vader looking at the limitations put upon the character.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 01:03 PM