KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Continued...

Continued...
Started by: st@rlight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
st@rlight
twilight

Shocked Continued...

Let's try to continue the lotr story beginning with the 4th age. roll eyes (sarcastic)
i shall begin...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:14 AM
st@rlight is currently offline Click here to Send st@rlight a Private Message Find more posts by st@rlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

Legolas and Gimli made a boat and sailed to the undying lands...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:15 AM
st@rlight is currently offline Click here to Send st@rlight a Private Message Find more posts by st@rlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

in middle-earth aragorn's son, eldarion is gondor's king. he chose to be an elf like her mother...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:16 AM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Eldarion couldn't choose to be an Elf. Seeing as Aragorn was mortal and Arwen to wed Aragorn chose to be mortal their son must be mortal. Just as when the choice was given to Elros and Elrond, Elros chose to be mortal and thus all those of his line must be mortal. There actually a whole lot that happens during the IV age. The IV age actually begins when Frodo, Bilbo and the keepers of the Three depart over the sea.

V Important Dates in Shire Reckoning

1482 Sam passes over the sea

1484 King Eomer of Rohan, Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck die in Gondor they are laid in Rath Dinen among the great of Gondor

1541, March 1st King Elessar dies freely, he bids goodbye to Arwen and passes over the tokens of his rule to his son Eldarion. Legolas builds grey ship in Ithilien and along with Gimli sails down the Anduin and over the sea.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:45 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It is never said if Sam made it to the Undying Lands. Same for Legolas and Gimli. One could only guess.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:14 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Yes it is recorded

Look in Appendix B of the LotR the Return of the King page 469 of my book (ISBN 0-261-10237-0) under "Later Events Concerning The Members Of The Fellowship Of The Ring" and its right there all dates are in Shire Reckoning admittedly it doesn't say "Sam passed over the sea, last of the ring bearers and he wasn't hit by a tidal wave of any other freak natural occurrence and actually made it to Valinor" I don't think it needs to it states
"and passed over sea, last of the Ring-bearers" kinda implies he made it same with Legolas and Gimli "and sailed down Anduin and so over sea; and with him, it is said, went Gimli the Dwarf. And when that ship passed an end was come in Middle-earth of the Fellowship of the Ring."

If for somereason they didn't make it across the sea when it states that they meant to pass over then sea, then I think it would state it ie "Sam was to pass over the sea but the boat capsized and as he can't swim he drowned"

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:24 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, I wish Borimir had lived. He was my favourite fellowship member besides Gimli.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:32 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

ok...ok... confused ...eldarion is a man....

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:05 PM
thtadthtshldntb

Well, I am not one hundred percent sure about whether the choice of the Half-Elven was Eldarion's or not, seeing as how Aragorn did not have that choice (he is a descendent of Elros), even if he did become and elf, unless he passed over the sea rather soon, he would become mortal and die, as in the 4th age, everything outside of Valinor is supposed to become mortal man or something to that extent.

J.R.R. Tolkien, "Of Beren and Luthien" from the Silmarilion

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:50 AM
thtadthtshldntb is currently offline Click here to Send thtadthtshldntb a Private Message Find more posts by thtadthtshldntb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Eldarion didn't have the choice, both his parents were mortal they accepted the gift of men, so Eldarion would also have the gift of men.

The gift of men being the gift of death from Eru, the spirits of men pass outside the circles of the world and on to something greater although little is known of what this is.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:51 PM