KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Merry and Pipin

Merry and Pipin
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Merry and Pipin

These guys need there own tread coz they really entertained us all through the trillogy . I like them both coz they are very different from frodo and sam .

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:17 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Plus after reading the Appendix's to Lotr ROTK I found the last we hear about them, up to the point of their death quite touching. How much their characters changed as well is quite interesting.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 12:08 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riggsey

hang on, feel like I'm missing out on something. how did they die?

I DONT WANT THEM TO DIE! sad

They are too awesome to.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 04:25 AM
riggsey is currently offline Click here to Send riggsey a Private Message Find more posts by riggsey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

they dont die

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 02:33 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorin
Escudo de Roble

They died, of course, as all the others, and then, they were buried ¿ in Gondor? (I dont remember exactly where)
And their graves lies together.
¡Very touching indeed, the ending of Merry and Pippin!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 03:14 PM
Thorin is currently offline Click here to Send Thorin a Private Message Find more posts by Thorin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

two of the best characters ive ever seen, i just love the irish charm the both eminate.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 03:56 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

I liked Saruman more. And it offended me how they managed to summon an army of Ents to attack and overthrow Isenguard. Then, as if mocking the great wizard, they raid Saruman's store and steal all of his Longbottom Leaf (or whatever it was called). Unforgiveable if I do say so myself.

Though dont mind me. They were great characters in their own right and are deserving of a thread. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 07:32 AM
Rampant ox is currently offline Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

just plain amazing!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 11:17 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heaven Dancer
icy-blue

They died?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 12:21 AM
Heaven Dancer is currently offline Click here to Send Heaven Dancer a Private Message Find more posts by Heaven Dancer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Yeah in the Appendix of the book it is told that and I shall quote the passage here

"1484 Shire Reckoning
In the spring of the year a message came from Rohan to Buckland that King Eomer wished to see Master Holdwine once again. Meriadoc was then old (102) but still hale. He took counsel with his friend the Thain, and soon after they handed over their goods and offices to their sons and rode away over the Sarn Ford, and they were not seen again in the Shire. It was heard after that Master Meriadoc came to Edoras and was with King Eomer before he died in that autumn. Then he and Thain Peregrin went to Gondor and passed what short years were left to them in that realm, until they died and were laid in Rath Dinen among the great of Gondor."

And in the year 1541 Shire Reckoning its quoted
"In this year (120 4th age in Gondor) on March 1st came at last the Passing of King Elessar. It is said that the beds of Meriadoc and Peregrin were set beside the bed of the great king. Then Legolas built a grey ship in Ithilien, and sailed down the Anduin and so over the Sea; and with him, it is said, went Gimli the Dwarf. And when that ship passed an end was come in Middle-earth of the Fellowship of the Ring."

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 03:58 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

People just happen to grow old^^

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 04:27 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Yeah Elessar was 210 when he gave up his life (Yes gave up, willingly. Before it was taken from him by old age and infirminty much like his Numorian ancestors he passed the rule onto his son Eldarion before willingly dying) so he live a fair while.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 09:00 PM
Artik2

I think that these "guys" are gay hahaah

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 04:53 PM
Artik2 is currently offline Click here to Send Artik2 a Private Message Find more posts by Artik2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

OMG............... LOOK more people who didn't read the books

tsk tsk tsk tsk

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 02:53 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote