KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Dagor Dagorath

Dagor Dagorath
Started by: Darth Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Dagor Dagorath

What's the consensus? You guys for it? Oppose the theory?

How do you think Morgoth will break the doors? And how do you figure the other long dead minions of his will be able to return from the void?

I also wonder if any of the War of the Ring people will be sent back i.e. Olorin/Gandalf, Elessar, or elves like Celeborn, Elrond, Legolas from Valinor? And since they're bringing back Men like Turin how will they be reincarnated? They weren't in the Halls of Mandos right? So will Iluvitar himself re-embody them?

I'm curious to here everyone's theories.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 07:02 AM
Darth Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Use search. Their are many threads on this topic

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 03:00 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorin
Escudo de Roble

We never read anything else about the end of the world, the last battle, Dagor Dagorath.

But it´s exactly a version of Biblical Apocalyse, so the questions are the same.

How and who will return to Earth after Apocalypse. If you think in the Biblical version, good souls will come back in to a paradise, but I wonder if we can say the same with Middle Earth.
And what will happens then.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 03:28 PM
Thorin is currently offline Click here to Send Thorin a Private Message Find more posts by Thorin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

what he said ^^

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 03:50 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Thorin
We never read anything else about the end of the world, the last battle, Dagor Dagorath.

But it´s exactly a version of Biblical Apocalyse, so the questions are the same.

How and who will return to Earth after Apocalypse. If you think in the Biblical version, good souls will come back in to a paradise, but I wonder if we can say the same with Middle Earth.
And what will happens then.

That's simply false; Tolkien's early - and late - ideas concerning the "End of the World" (called in some ephemeral writings Dagor Dagorath, or "(the) Battle of Battles") are in fact much more inspired by the ancient myths of the North, such as the Scandinavian Ragnarök.

This is shown by the fact that the "Gods" fight the War, almost excluding Man, and several heroes return to help defeat the diabolus. Also, the World is inevitably destroyed in Tolkien's myth - somewhat like in the Bible, (&c.), where the "Sinless" are removed to Paradise, but there it is also explicitly stated - although in loose terms - that the Earth would be remade by the Three Kindreds.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 07:37 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote