KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » ending of LOTR: ROTK

ending of LOTR: ROTK
Started by: findecano tiwel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
findecano tiwel
the true itachi

ending of LOTR: ROTK

um i have a question about the ending. Why do Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, and the rest get on that boat. I know ive read in some of the other places that there going to this sacred place *sorry i dont know all the names lol* but why must bilbo and frodo go, and what happens when they get there. This really confused me, i just got done finishing ROTK for the 3rd time lol and i didnt know where they were going until i found these forums. I haven't read the books either but i will once i get the chance to get to a book store cause as i can see they hold alot more of the info. Btw incase u have seen the eragon movie, u can agree with me that they completely messed it up lol. Nothing like the book.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 06:21 AM
findecano tiwel is currently offline Click here to Send findecano tiwel a Private Message Find more posts by findecano tiwel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Someone did answer this question sorry i dont know the answer . If u search the fourm u might find it .

I cant belive theres a movie called aragorn !! mad I havent seen the movie but LOTR is still the best

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:40 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

they leave Middle Earth. Gandalf leaves because his job is done. And Bilbo and Frodo leave out of choice, not because they have to.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 11:00 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
findecano tiwel
the true itachi

oh i see, thanks very much.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:45 PM
findecano tiwel is currently offline Click here to Send findecano tiwel a Private Message Find more posts by findecano tiwel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Someone did answer this question sorry i dont know the answer . If u search the fourm u might find it .

I cant belive theres a movie called aragorn !! mad I havent seen the movie but LOTR is still the best

It's "eragon". And yeah, the movie sucks, the books are lame to.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 01:12 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

As for what happens to them, ultimatley Bilbo and Frodo will die, but they will die in peace and in a place of eternal bliss.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 11:19 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

they leave to go to the elven kindgom across the sea i think

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 06:32 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
findecano tiwel
the true itachi

thanks for the info people smile much appreciated.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 04:06 AM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

It is also worth noting that after the death of Rosie, Samwise Gamgee also sails over the sea the last of the ringbearers to pass over. After the death of King Aragorn Elessar Legolas builds a Grey Ship in Ithilien and sails down the Anduin over the sea to the West. It is said that Gimli "Elf Friend" travels with him and he is the first and last Dwarf to take such a trip. With them passed the last of the Fellowship of the Ring on Middle-Earth as by this point everyone else had departed or died.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 12:10 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

why did leave sam behind ?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 10:06 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Sam stayed for many years raising his family, he was Mayor of the Shire several times. After his wife died he chose to sail over the sea to the West.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:17 PM
vanice
traceur

yeah, all of this is in the appendixes A - F after the ROTK story is finished. So read it findecano tiwel, and you will find all the answerers.

Sam also had the ring, not for long but still long enough to hurt him. I guess erm
I also guess the emptiness after Frodos departure is a reason to why he sails to Valinor.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 03:24 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

wow thanks you guys are hardcore fans

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 09:01 PM