KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » saruman

saruman
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

saruman

what happend to sarumans wisdom ball (dont know the real name) in rotk ?? Did they lose it or did it vanish ??

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 10:06 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

You mean the palantír? confused

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:57 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

laughing out loud Wisdom ball! laughing out loud

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 02:32 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Re: saruman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
what happend to sarumans wisdom ball (dont know the real name) in rotk ?? Did they lose it or did it vanish ??

Gandalf took it I remember correctly.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 02:36 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

I think someone needs to look at the movies again.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 01:42 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Yes Gandalf took care of it. Later king Aragorn rebuilds Orthanc with the intention to replace it. And i think he did. not entirely sure about it.

No someone needs to read he book again stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:09 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

lol, I've tried singing that song for years, no one listens man.

and no offence the thread starter name is coolmovies, I doubt he's read a book in a while, much less put the energy into reading that marvelous book.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 07:32 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Council#13
laughing out loud Wisdom ball! laughing out loud

laughing

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 01:42 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Re: saruman

Originally posted by coolmovies

Well actually...the "wisdom ball" was used in finding out just where all the elves had gone to, since they didn't have an accurate map at the time. They placed it at the front of the ship that you see in ROTK and they allowed it to lead their way.

Once they arrived at their final destination, it was melted down and used as a vase for flowers that samwise had picked for their journey.

It is all in the books man...

laughing out loud

Of course this is not true in the least!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 06:41 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Re: Re: saruman

Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Well actually...the "wisdom ball" was used in finding out just where all the elves had gone to, since they didn't have an accurate map at the time. They placed it at the front of the ship that you see in ROTK and they allowed it to lead their way.

Once they arrived at their final destination, it was melted down and used as a vase for flowers that samwise had picked for their journey.

It is all in the books man...

laughing out loud

Of course this is not true in the least!

Woha! you scared me man! I thought you were dead serious in the beginning eek!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 07:44 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

To be honest ROTK is my least favourite of the trilogy and I have a fair few criticisms of it. (STILL LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH THOUGH).
One of those criticisms is that PJ cut sooo many vital scenes, I would have sat in the cinema a few minutes longer ti watch Saruman die, to have closure on that character, it felt wrong just saying they'll leave him up ther and thats it.
I dnt think he got the point of eowyn and faramir r togetha in the theatrical version v.well eitha. I figured it out but had to point it out to a LOT of ppl. But thats a WHOLE different forum lol.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 02:26 AM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I think he got everything in rotk ee

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 06:47 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

it would have been better to have some of the things in the theatrical version though.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:23 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Quite sure I've read that Aragorn and a few others (after ROTK, reclaiming Orthanc for Gondor) they find a secret compartment and find a Palantir inside it. That may be contradictory to the films however.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 07:56 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

na PJ done the roght thing put the best bits in the EE

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 08:16 PM
aniron

no he did the wrong thing shud hav tied it up cus not all ppl see EE.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 10:05 PM
Rampant ox

Sarumans death should definitely have been in the theatrical version of the movie. Even though it has been added into the EE, people in the theatres missed out on it. As said previously, it is just a loose end that hasnt been tied up otherwise.

I am also aware that Christopher Lee was not very happy about it being excluded from theatres.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 03:48 AM
Rampant ox is currently offline Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

And Saruman is sooooo important. to not even show his face in ROTK theatrical was a bit of a crime. I felt slightly unsatisfied by it cos i was looki 4ward to seein that thread finished with instead of bein quickly mentioned and left till the end. we also dnt get to see how the palantir got to the ground in the first place or what happnd to wormtongue. its suprising how mny havnt seen EE! definate crime lol. Im sure he could have spared ten minutes to finish it off.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 06:29 AM
vanice
traceur

The last film had about 5 endings, a sixth would have been to much for the viewer. I like the book with all it's endings, but it wouldn't work as a film.

Last edited by vanice on Mar 26th, 2007 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 02:31 PM
aniron

but its not at the end it's at the start! I think he could have handled the ending with a beast voice over covering most of the tie ins rather than turning it on and off thats the main criticism I have of the film. It is a good technique in many ways but i would have preffered it handled differently.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 04:29 PM