KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Movies v book

Movies v book
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Movies v book

Ok which do u prefar the book or the films ? I prefar the films becouse they bring Lotr to life .

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 12:59 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Ok which do u prefar the book or the films ? I prefar the films becouse they bring Lotr to life .

Grammer, dude. I prefer the movies, but the books are a close runner up.

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 11:33 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

Originally posted by masterkit

lol, i was gonna post the same thing about the grammer.

im gonna say for me the books win hands down no question.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 12:21 PM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by masterkit

It's grammar, dude.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 05:15 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

laughing laughing too funny, even tho i spelt it wrong to its stil funny

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 03:55 AM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Books hands down. The movies were good but nowhere near as good

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 01:00 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

The books.I like seeing the chactors like I want to see them.They were pretty close in the movie like I see them.But movies attend to spoil the book.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 10:31 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

the books. all the way...........

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 05:12 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

The books are incomparable. I enjoyed the films, yes, but they were too much a "Hollywoodism." The books have that much more depth to them.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 10:07 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Personally I like the books a lot more.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 10:51 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The books offer a lot more context then the movies do. I perfer the books a lot more.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 12:56 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I think my favorite of all of them have to be "The Fellowship of the Rings" it is when you first met Strider!He is the best!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 02:51 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

I think 1000 threads were created with the same title...

The books for me stick out tongue

Hey, adarksidejedi, my name in your sig is cut in half!

Old Post May 4th, 2007 05:40 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yea sorry about that!It is sort of long and had to move to the other side.Sorry!jm

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 02:33 PM
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Willaume
The books are incomparable. I enjoyed the films, yes, but they were too much a "Hollywoodism." The books have that much more depth to them.
100% agreed! The ridiculously extended battles (Pelennor and Hornburg were both 1 chapter battles in the books, not hour long shitfests), the whiny Elrond crap, the random focus on the Uruks... so much was pulled from Jackson's hairy arse... oh, and Sauron looked pretty stupid in physical form... could've kept it subtle and not shown him, used a shadow or whatever and never actually shown him... on another rant... Jackson had Aragorn turn into a murdering little prick with the Mouth of Sauron, and what the hell gave him the idea of having Aragorn fight Sauron??? Thank god that was cut! They were good films, but...
Rant over!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post May 20th, 2007 03:49 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I don't see how you canrant about the films.

Peter Jackson done a wonderful job, and the films should be cherished, not slandered. Given, it's not a 100% adaption of the book, but books and films are two very different mediums, and it would not have worked any other way.

Of course, it's very easy for me to say that, but then again it's very easy for you to say what you said; Peter Jackson was the one who dealt with the compromises and produced a trilogy of films worthy of their namesake.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 20th, 2007 04:01 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's my belief that those who say the movies are better, haven't read the book.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 05:53 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

But you could be proven wrong easily if someone has read the book and prefers the films? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 20th, 2007 07:08 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could, yes. Though if that person does surface, they are strange.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 07:45 PM
exanda kane

I will find one.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 09:10 PM