KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Sam Raimi In 'The Hobbit' Talks

Sam Raimi In 'The Hobbit' Talks
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Sam Raimi In 'The Hobbit' Talks

Writer/director Sam Raimi confirmed to SCI FI Wire that he has spoken with New Line Cinema honcho Robert Shaye about helming The Hobbit, a Lord of the Rings prequel film based on J.R.R. Tolkien's book, but only once and only informally. "I spoke to him once, so it's a little more overblown, I think," Raimi said in a news conference in Beverly Hills, Calif., over the weekend while promoting his upcoming Spider-Man 3. "That's why I don't want to pretend that it's bigger than it is. I had one conversation about the possibility of it, and that's really where it's at."

As for his interest in the film, Raimi repeated that he would only sign on with the OK of Peter Jackson, the Rings director who has been blacklisted by New Line as a result of a lawsuit over Rings revenues. "I'd have to know that he was OK with it," Raimi said. "It's really his picture and Bob Shaye's picture."

www.scifi.com

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 27th, 2007 04:01 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

That would be horrible - he'd probably remove the orcs because he wouldn't understand them or think them unbelievable. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 02:37 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Terrible news - although I heard it a while ago.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 10:52 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Melcórë
That would be horrible - he'd probably remove the orcs because he wouldn't understand them or think them unbelievable. stick out tongue

(BTW: That was a joke related to the production of "Spider-Man III." wink )

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:36 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Oh dear lord... will Smaug be some giggling Power Rangers villain???? sad

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 04:09 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

oh great.... Sam "american accents in fantasy" Raimi.

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 12:07 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

its nice he'd only do it with Peter Jacksons approval smile

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:03 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

Sam Raimi is a decent director but he wont capture the spirit of the Tolkien novel like Jackson did so brilliantly.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 01:01 AM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rockycairns
Sam Raimi is a decent director but he wont capture the spirit of the Tolkien novel like Jackson did so brilliantly.

Couldn't agree more. And I've said it before and ima say it again: Without Jackson (and consequently, Weta) the LoTR we all have come to love will be history.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 10:40 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote