KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Who is the most powerful creature in middle earth in the third age?

Who is the most powerful creature in middle earth in the third age?
Started by: glorfindel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
glorfindel

Who is the most powerful creature in middle earth in the third age?

My last thread went well I think so Who is the most powerful and why?
the contenders are
Sauron (without his ring)
Tom bombadil (who is he realy)
Goldberry (same as above)
Gandalf (before or after the fight with the balrog)
Galadriel (very old)
Elrond (wise)
Tree beard (where do ents come from)
DEXX (claims to be an orc)
saruman (head of the white counsil, ring maker)
Any one else?
Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 04:54 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

sauron is nothing without his ring. I would say Tom Bombadil, although we dont know who he is.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 04:58 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

Me....i'm an man...chopping down orc each step i take....
and there's the balrog...

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 05:45 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

I agree with mah. eek! tom has to be top , hes the only one who every one thinks would be the last to fall if sauron were to get his ring back.(we do know who Tom is you know) but Goldberry is (maybe)more powerful, laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 05:58 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

who the heck is goldberry??????????+++++

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 05:59 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

besides me? I'd have to take Gandalf after the fight or a balrog. But Gandalf would be the most powerfull.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 07:27 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by Mujaffa
who the heck is goldberry??????????+++++

Tom's lady

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 07:49 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah...i thought i remembered the name from somewhere...
but why necessaryly the MOST powerfull. Immagine head of the istari, Gandalf.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 07:55 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Tom Bombadil is absolutely more powerful than Gandalf

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 07:58 PM
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

no this guy is Happy Dance

------NO more smilies off-topic -mah------

Last edited by mah on Oct 21st, 2002 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 08:52 PM
glorfindel

There is a debate that asks who Tom is and why he is in the book(see
http://.org/talk/tolkien.htm) they seem to come up with the idear that tom is one of the valar ( Aule I think) ,which would make goldberry his wife (Yavanna).
the question about gandalfs power is again, who is gandalf realy? is he an elf,man,or one of the Maiar, which would make him equal to sauron?

it,s dark cold and wet in manchester today, we also have just had 3 earthquakes (3.9)

Last edited by glorfindel on Oct 21st, 2002 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2002 06:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Istari are not the equal of Sauron in power.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 21st, 2002 07:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Sauron without the ring?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2002 08:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Technically, the Ring is PART of Sauron. In any case, it's a bit apples and oranges to compare Sauron in LOTR with anyone power-wise.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 21st, 2002 09:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

and since the choice was sauron without the ring he's really nothing

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2002 02:11 PM
Fire

I dunno think sauron is very powerful, cause as ush said the ring is a part of him.
as long as I don't get more info about tom I'm not making an opion

and if it ain't sauron or tom I'd take elrond or gandalf, probably will go for elrond even tho I don't think anyone will agree I do not think that the powerful always fight the evil forces

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2002 06:20 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

Galadriel is older and more powerfuler that Elrond

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2002 06:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'd put an outside bet on Cirdan, myself. He always struck me as the smartest, at least, just spending the whole time making boats...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2002 07:03 PM
Dexx
wingless

yup. Still Gandalf

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2002 07:04 PM
glorfindel

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The Istari are not the equal of Sauron in power.

But the Istari (wizards) are not elves, but they do not grow old,they have great power,and even deeper knowledge?
they came out of the west,over the sea they must be one of the maiar
as was sauron in the begining, maybe not as powerful as each other then but as time has passed and sauron has become weaker maybe gandalf is now the stronger??

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2002 07:09 PM