KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Battle for Middle Earth II (PC)

Battle for Middle Earth II (PC)
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

Battle for Middle Earth II (PC)

I just got this game for PC, and have to say its much better than the original.

Im still just getting into it however, so does anyone have any tips/hints they can give me?

Especially with the War of the Ring gameplay that seems to be really confusing.

By: Juk

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 04:08 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Wrong forum.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:55 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Never got to play the II, have not even heard much about it. Flatmate had the first and it was alot of fun, albeit you couldeasily fall into the trap of just locking up your keep (if you were Gondor or Rohan) and just go for an all out Wagner-esque charge at the end.

How are all the Elven units? I heard there was a bit focusing in the War In The North?

Kelly_Bean: Where better to discuss a Lord of the Rings game than the Lord of the Rings forum? If anyone is to see the merit in the game , it'll be the LOTR fans.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 10:25 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kelly Bean doesn't know what she's talking about, 90% of the time. Ignore her.

Andyway I bought this game back in February and I prefer it over the first one as well.

The storyline is really fun because there's more actual pre-made fortresses for you to storm/defend (Angband, Grey Havens, Erebor, Rivendell, etc.) and yeah the part with the Elves is pretty cool. Actually, the second game's storymode doesn't involve Humans at all. it's all focused on the War in te North, as opposed to BfME1 which focused on Rohan and Gondor.

Also, I'd reccomend the PC version. Creating your own heroes and maps is great.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 03:51 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Got this only last week, and i have to say, im enjoying more than the original gameplay wise... building your own fortress (with walls, towers etc), and not having to worry about having enough slots to build all your buildings is a big plus imo...

have to say though, i preffered the way the campaign was set up in the first one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

This is my second week on the game and i have to say that I love it. You have more freedom in this game than part 1 b/c you can build around your fortress freely rather than where the game limits you too like in the first game.

The graphics are better

Create your own hero is really fun. I spent like 3 days creating all my favorite characters from the History of Middle Earth only to find that over half of them are already heroes in the game.

Still trying to get the hang of the War of the Ring Mode, but its really confusing and difficult.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:53 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983

have to say though, i preffered the way the campaign was set up in the first one...

Yea b/c it was just like the movie with more battles. The skirmishes however are much funner in the part 2.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 05:54 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by nimbus006
Yea b/c it was just like the movie with more battles. The skirmishes however are much funner in the part 2.

war of the ring is pretty good tho... the mode, not the seperate game...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

war of the ring is pretty good tho... the mode, not the seperate game...

Please Please explain to me how the hell to play thid mode. Its incredibly confusing, and the tutorial doesnt really say much.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:48 PM
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Kelly Bean doesn't know what she's talking about, 90% of the time. Ignore her.

Then what is this:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/

Last edited by Kelly_Bean on Oct 22nd, 2007 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:52 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by nimbus006
Please Please explain to me how the hell to play thid mode. Its incredibly confusing, and the tutorial doesnt really say much.

lol, basically its like a giant skirmish, but instead of taking parts of the map, you take territories... its similar to the campaign from the first game (once you finish minas tirith and move onto whatever maps you want to play), but you dont carry over your forces from each battle (with the witch king addition i think you do though). anyways, when you take a territory, you'll get buillding plots... you can build any of the normal buildings, though you need to (just like usually) build farms to increase command points, fortresses to build heroes, and barracks to build soldiers...

you need to keep either a hero or a at least one battalion in any piece of land you intend to hold on to, as if an enemy force moves into it and there are no soldiers to protect it, it'll become their territory, so you need to keep at least one battalion (though the more you have, the more you'll start each battle with).

so say i have aragorn and two battalions of knights on, say, helms deep, and isengard attacks it... i click the real time selection on the resolve options, and the mission (pretty much a skirmish) starts, but i have the bonus that at the start, i already have aragorn and the two battalions ready to go...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:40 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Then what is this:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/

That's the games forum for your information. Just in case you didn't know, this is the Lord of the Rings forum.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 11:27 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by exanda kane
That's the games forum for your information. Just in case you didn't know, this is the Lord of the Rings forum.

That's the video game/computer forum, for your information. Just so you didn't know this is a duplicate thread, he may've created this one first but game and computer criteria go there, "for your information."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 11:34 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's the video game/computer forum, for your information. Just so you didn't know this is a duplicate thread, he may've created this one first but game and computer criteria go there, "for your information."

Why do you have to keep banging on about it? A mod might move it if they deem it being in the wrong forum, or they may just leave it as has been done on other forums...

I dont mean to come accross as snappy or anything, but I just don't see why its such a big deal... Its games like these that get more people to actually pick up and read the books...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 02:10 AM
Kelly_Bean

Why do you have to keep banging on about it? A mod might move it if they deem it being in the wrong forum, or they may just leave it as has been done on other forums...

I dont mean to come accross as snappy or anything, but I just don't see why its such a big deal... Its games like these that get more people to actually pick up and read the books...

I wasn't, I simply suggested it was in the wrong forum as the first reply to this thread, Blax backfired saying that I was incorrect, I responded, exanda went all PMS, I answered back.

It's a big deal because I actually like to see this place keep at least a little bit neat but no one seems to give a crap about that anymore, I can point out probably 5 threads in just the front page of any of these movie forums.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:12 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wasn't, I simply suggested it was in the wrong forum as the first reply to this thread, Blax backfired saying that I was incorrect, I responded, exanda went all PMS, I answered back.

It's a big deal because I actually like to see this place keep at least a little bit neat but no one seems to give a crap about that anymore, I can point out probably 5 threads in just the front page of any of these movie forums.

have you spoken to the movie mods about it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 04:08 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 04:39 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Ah yes. I thought we would hit this little snag. You see, this is a Lord of the Rings product, a product made considering both the mainstream and fan following of the Lord of the Rings, Tolkien's world, or in particular Peter Jackson's WETA company, and therefore appeals to more than simply a "video game/computer forum criteria".

I would not be suprised if not too many fans of Tolkien stroll through the Video Game forums, so how better to tell them about this game than the Lord of the Rings forums themselves? Simply put, respect other peoples decisions; no need to call the hounded Mods for such a trivial case.

Now, seeing as you've dragged the thread so off-topic Kelly_Bean (so that it will probably be moved now anyway) I'll try my hand at an on-topic post.

What Elven Heroes do you get? I heard Glorfindel mentioned?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 09:02 AM
Kelly_Bean

have you spoken to the movie mods about it?

Do any of them come online more than once in a blue moon? erm

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 02:34 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:07 PM