KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Chars: Animated Vs. Live ..er..real??

Chars: Animated Vs. Live ..er..real??
Started by: LariCrai_Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LariCrai_Kenobi

Chars: Animated Vs. Live ..er..real??

OK, who do you think represented the characters and thier personalities better.... The ones in the animated version or (so far) the 'live' version characters...

My opions...

I just saw the animated version tonight.... and those Wriaths scared me to death! Dang those glowing red eyes!! ((hates glowing eyes....unless they're soft green, gold, silver, or purple.....)) So I would have to say animated on those....

Hobbits- hmmm.... with the exception of Frodo, 'live' version.... There's something abotu pudgy lil Frodo that makes me smile...

umm... oh!

Galandriel: >.< I liked the animated version better.... The whole blowing up scene in the movie just didn't feel right...

For the rest I'd have to say live.... yeah....

One more note on the animated: FOr a PG movie, that thing was bloody enough! I mean, if I was a little kid, I woulnd't dare to sleep for a week! Oy!

Lari-Crai Prilin: Fate Changes, a fan-fic by yours truly

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 03:51 AM
LariCrai_Kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send LariCrai_Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by LariCrai_Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Live for most I think..lotsa crazy types in the animated feature

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 09:47 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The animated version had VERY good characterisation. Still a shame the second was never made.

John Hurt certainly had a better voice for Aragorn (and they had the decency to have him wielding Narsil!)

But we all know the live version is preferable now we have the technology to do it. I rather like the tributes to the animated version in FOTR- scenes done in exactly the same way, even altered from the book in that same way.

Christopher Lee is a better Saruman, though- no doubt there!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 01:08 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LariCrai_Kenobi

WEee! Replies!!

Yesh.........Mr. Lee....actually, scares me.... I kn ow, it's wierd, and I'm notsquimish.... but yesh....

LoL! Mom's gonna have a field day. I came stomping down the stairs screaming: "THEY ONLY DID HALF OF IT! THey only did HALF of it! And they didn't even end it where the Two Towers ended!!"

She was making fun of me for getting mad at her for saying around the same thing about FotR.... But with that they're sequels.... -.o

weee! 4-disk out today!!! *begs mom to take her somewhere to get it.*

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 04:07 PM
LariCrai_Kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send LariCrai_Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by LariCrai_Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, they didn't end it where TTT ended because it was in two parts, yeah, not three? Would have left not much at all for the second part of they had done both of the first two books...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 2nd, 2002 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 04:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LariCrai_Kenobi

Yesh...I mean, it was already 2 hours as it was.... they shuold have cut backa couple parts and squeezed in the other... or left half the end of what they had out to do a 2nd...

and....I just realized add....before I look totally stupid.... It's the 12th... not the 2nd... I thought so...but NOOO someone had to tell me wrong and get me all excited!! -.-

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 04:39 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

the animated film isnt that good, ush

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 07:45 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

For me the problem is that having lived with the annamated version for years the charicters are enbbeded in my mental picture of how it should look and sean bean was NOT my picture of Borromir he is (should be arogorn).
the film is as it is and misses some good parts, but the cartoon does the same, only when all three films are released with all the addons and I can spend a day on my own with a bottle or two and hot snacks to hand will I be happy about the whole trilogy thing smokin'
roll on 2004 smokin'

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 08:45 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

sean bean was perfect

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 09:13 PM
glorfindel

After seeing him play sharpe he was ,for me, arogorn , and don,t you think that sean connorey should have been gandalf?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 09:43 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

no, not in any way. in fact I get sick at the very thought of it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2002 09:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I thought the animated version was VERY good, Mah, and I am surprised at you.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 01:05 AM
LariCrai_Kenobi

OOOOOOO I step in in the opp. on animated version...

As far as holding story, it was iffy...Seen better, seen worse...

but i have to say this... as far as the actual ANIMATION element..... eek! There were only a couple things I disagreed with... *sigh* And the old backgrounds!!

*yet another sigh* They just don't do 'cartoons' like they used too...they used to be works of art.... now... :-( ....ok, this is depressing to me now.... LoL

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 03:35 AM
Dexx
wingless

didn't see the animated version...but i liked the galadriel scene......."blowing up"?smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 02:38 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It wasn't literal animation, Lari. The battle scenes were actually a primitive version of modern-day blue screen techniques. The animations over overlaid on real people which is why it is so phenomenally accurate.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 03:15 PM
glorfindel

then why didn,t they over lay the people over the cartoon to make the film even more phenomenalllyul (sorry I carn,t seem to end that word LOL ) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 07:16 PM
Julie
The Student

I'm not sure I've ever seen the animated version of LOTR I remember seeing The Hobbit a very long time ago though....though I'd still go with the people version.....

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 10:09 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hobbit was no good at all.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2002 11:40 PM
glorfindel

must addmit never seen it eek!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2002 06:45 PM
LariCrai_Kenobi

...........to the reply about it not being real animation:

.....that was half my point....doyou REALLY think what i see today in the 'kids' movies as REAL animation??? It's all half *beep* done on computer now.... I mean, there's nothing wrong with that IF they actually take thier time -.-...... so , yeah....

and i haven't seen the hobbit

Old Post Nov 5th, 2002 01:39 AM