KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » gandalf v harry potter

gandalf v harry potter
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

gandalf v harry potter

if you can have a tread for Gandalf v voldemorth they why not this?
I belive Gandlf will still win over harry potter

big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 09:32 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

It all depends. Since Harry can apparently beat everyone in the world with a simple "Expelliarmus" than maybe he'd win stick out tongue

Though they both "died" in a sense and came back to life. Which is an interesting comparisoin.

I do realize I never answered the question...but whatever.

(Obviously, I kid.)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 02:53 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire
Diverse, progress, change

Hahaha!! *SIGH* Here we go again... messed

Gandalf would still cane. Just think: The most powerful character in HP: Harry Potter VS The most powerful character in LotR: Eru/Illuvatar. There's far more powerful things than Gandalf in LotR, and when compared to the most powerul in HP it simply doesn't compare.

Gandalf fo liyfe! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 01:43 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ensatsu-ken
Ultimate Vampire

Harry Potter could win if he used the Elder Wand stick out tongue . But, other than that, Gandalf would own his ass cool .

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 03:42 AM
ensatsu-ken is currently offline Click here to Send ensatsu-ken a Private Message Find more posts by ensatsu-ken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hereatlast

I think the Elder Wand has very little to do with defeating Gandalf.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 04:15 AM
hereatlast is currently offline Click here to Send hereatlast a Private Message Find more posts by hereatlast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Uh....Gandalf was pretty much an "angel," so....yeah, methinks Harry would be subject to mass PWNage.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 10:29 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

But harry can die and come back to life too! stick out tongue So maybe they're both immortal, and it'll be just like that battel between Jack and Barbossa in PotC one, and they'll be stuck dueling foreverrrrrr. (Huzzah! I just put my three favorite fandoms into the same analogy. big grin)

(even though Rowling said that he never technically "died". Psh.)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 02:17 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 02:21 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Coolmovies: Come on!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 03:19 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
suncrafter

Gandalf

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 03:50 AM
suncrafter is currently offline Click here to Send suncrafter a Private Message Find more posts by suncrafter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

harry. avada kedavra is an instant kill spell. gandalf is NOT immortal so he will probably perish. but it's two complete different worlds. it's like comparing the hulk with spiderman..

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 06:08 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vanice
harry. avada kedavra is an instant kill spell. gandalf is NOT immortal so he will probably perish. but it's two complete different worlds. it's like comparing the hulk with spiderman..

But there are occassions where Avada Kedavera has been avoided (ie. harry lived through it twice)

Also, even in the Potter universe, there are shield spells, and deflection spells, and things that can be used to avoid the killing curse. I am positive Gandalf has equally useful skills that can help him deflect a curse should the need be there.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 09:09 PM
The Rover

He's bloody Angel! He's got God on his side! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 09:21 PM
Elessea

How do you know "God" of the Potter-verse isn't on Harry's side? Somebody's obviously looking out for him, considering he's survived the killing curse directly twice, was lucky enough to make priori incantantem (sp) just in the nick of time, with EXPELLIARMUS of all things to save his life then, has fawkes to appear at the right time always to save his life, And everything always happens just exactly perfectly for him when his life is in danger, and is the luckiest person in the entire series. He's probably lucky enough that he could like, fill up a vial of his blood and it would be just as useful as Felix Felicis.

((Please Don't take offence of anything I say here, really. 95% of the stuff I post, in this thread especially, is sarcastic, and should be taken with a grain of salt. I just like to play devil's advocate stick out tongue))

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 04:53 AM
The Secret Fire

How do we know who the God of HP is? (if there is even one)

Gandalf is almost as old as the universe (in Tolkiens world obviously) itself, so he also has more wisdom (among other things) than HP has in his little finger. This, undoubtedly would aid him in squishing that runt.

rolling on floor laughing Squish, squish, squish..

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 11:56 AM
The Secret Fire is currently offline Click here to Send The Secret Fire a Private Message Find more posts by The Secret Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm.. not even going to get into this.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 04:12 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akhnar

Laugh

Lol Gandalf is the most powerful one in LOTR becuz no one could defeat the balrog but him and hes the only one that could make the nazguls dissapear and can beat them but in the movie they dont let him use all his powers until he was fighting the balrog when he strikes him with his lightning.And Gandalf can use spells with saying any magical word like HP.So I think Gandalf is much better than HP.LOL!!!!!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 10:02 PM
Akhnar is currently offline Click here to Send Akhnar a Private Message Find more posts by Akhnar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

gandalf can be HP grandad lolz

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 08:36 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Secret Fire

"HP grandad"? huh

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 10:22 PM
hamboy

Gadalf in a stomp.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 01:21 AM
hamboy is currently offline Click here to Send hamboy a Private Message Find more posts by hamboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote