KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » History of LOTR

History of LOTR
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

History of LOTR

We all know about the one ring war i was wondring do you guys try to learn everything about lotr ?

I mean from the first age right to the end every single detail ?

Theres alot of info

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 09:42 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

No kidding.

I have tried to learn all I can know about the history of Middle-earth (speaking both internally and externally) and have collected almost all of the works related to it, save some few which are either difficult to get hold of or which I've no real interest for.

As it stands, I have: Multiple versions of The Silmarillion; The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, a companion-piece to his Biography and with much information on the composition and history of Middle-earth; the entire History of Middle-earth Series, mostly in one edition; and the Narn i·Chîn Húrin, or Tale of the Children of Húrin in a first-edition copy.

I've often found myself an apologist on the behalf of Christopher Tolkien. Having read through the History of Middle-earth Series and other works, I can say with much certainty that I not only agree with many of the editorial decisions he made, but also that I would have made them myself, usually with the same intentions, (whether mistaken through oversight or justified through other textual-evidence).

Last edited by The Rover on Mar 21st, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 10:15 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I still have alot to learn

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 08:55 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

LOL

Well, it took me a few years to know as much about Tolkien and his mythologies as I do - not that I know everything, but I know alot - and it isn't all that difficult if you set out to discover it all. The major difficulty is getting all the works into one place, collecting all the books related to Tolkien and the matter of Middle-earth. It's taken me well over five years to collect what I have now, and it still isn't near complete. LOL.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:13 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote