KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Aragorn vs Legolas

Poll
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Aragorn 11 57.89%
Legolas 8 42.11%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aragorn vs Legolas
Started by: skywalker833

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Aragorn vs Legolas

These two are both great fighters. Who would win?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 11:25 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Personally, I'd go with Aragorn. It can be argued either way but I based my decision on:
Tolkien states that Legolas accomplished least out of the Fellowship.

Aragorn, whilst not an Elf was trained by them and lived a hard and demanding life as a Ranger.

Aragorn had served both Gondor and Rohan under the alias of Thorongil, before Theoden and Denethor had become rulers. Meaning he probably had extensive combat experience.

But of course, Legolas was skilled certainly.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 11:52 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Yeah, I agree. Legolas is definitely skilled, but Aragorn is probably a better fighter than him.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 01:29 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Aragorn in a curb-stomp.

As I stated earlier, Tolkien even said that Legolas accomplished the least of all the Fellowship. He was good, but Gimli beat him in the Battle of Helm's Deep. Aragorn would annihilate him. The only reason people think Legolas is the best is due to the over-hyped movie version.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 03:44 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Legoals killed a fell beast with one shot in the books, that certainly isn't an easy task. Unless you want to dismiss that as luck, the Elf has some serious skills.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Whilst his Elven eyesight and archery skills cannot be questioned, Legolas did possess one of the bows of the Galadhrim.

It is unlikley he could have made such a shot with his Mirkwood bow. Although, I do think that if given the range Legolas would be formidable against Aragorn. Up close, I don't think he's as good.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:24 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Up close Aragon takes this. Legolas would more then likely take it from far off due to his elf eyes.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:27 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legolas could just shoot Aragorn in the face and win. There is NO way Aragorn is dodging it. In fact, a lowly goblin archer is theoretically superior to Aragorn.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 08:40 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Correcting.... no, a goblin archer isn't because Boromir withstood way more than 1 arrow.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 10:28 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Another indicator of Aragorns "skill" as it were...or luck is that at the Battle of Pelennor I'm pretty sure it is only Aragorn, Imrahil and Eomer who are listed as having fought through the entire battle and not recieved a single wound.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 02:14 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aule
Another indicator of Aragorns "skill" as it were...or luck is that at the Battle of Pelennor I'm pretty sure it is only Aragorn, Imrahil and Eomer who are listed as having fought through the entire battle and not recieved a single wound.

Most soldiers in the USA army don't die, so does that mean that those are the super skilled ones?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 01:20 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

aragorn die before he can even see legolas erm

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 05:31 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Most soldiers in the USA army don't die, so does that mean that those are the super skilled ones?

Its a quite a bit different though, being in the midst of a swirling melee of thousands on the battlefield and Mumaks and not taking a single wound, not even a scratch. Tolkien specifically picks out those three for this, implying its important. A lot of other skilled warriors did die at Pelennor notably Halbarad.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 05:17 PM
Rebel95

From a distance: Legolas
Up close: Aragorn

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 06:48 AM
xx Happy Gal xx

Yeah, Legolas from a distance and Aragorn up close.
Just because in the books it stated that Legolas acomplished the least
doesn't mean that he is not good at fighting.

Some people tend to bend towards Aragorn because in the movies he is made a big deal. And, in the movies I don't think Legolas got hurt even once.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 03:51 AM
xx Happy Gal xx is currently offline Click here to Send xx Happy Gal xx a Private Message Find more posts by xx Happy Gal xx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Up close Aragon takes this. Legolas would more then likely take it from far off due to his elf eyes.

I'll ditto that

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 11:18 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xx Happy Gal xx

Some people tend to bend towards Aragorn because in the movies he is made a big deal. And, in the movies I don't think Legolas got hurt even once.

People actually tend to bend toward Legolas based off of what the characters did in the movies.

In the theatrical release Gimli actually did the last, with Aragorn at the least defeating Lurtz and Legolas owning Mumuk and making impossible shots and not getting hurt once. Gimli actually nearly died in the Wargs scene and the only time he gets his props (Getting more kills than Legolas in Helms Deep), it wasn't put in the Theatrical Release. It can only be viewed in the deleted scenes.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 06:06 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heretic Smellin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aragorn.

Originally posted by xx Happy Gal xx

He's a pretty big deal in both the movies and the books.

Also, in the books, he he is depicted as being rather a dab hand with a bow.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 08:55 AM
Heretic Smellin is currently offline Click here to Send Heretic Smellin a Private Message Find more posts by Heretic Smellin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie tragic

Legolas

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 03:07 AM
Movie tragic is currently offline Click here to Send Movie tragic a Private Message Find more posts by Movie tragic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

I'd say Aragorn simply because he seems the more well rounded accomplished fighter.
Sure Legolas can hold his own but the movies blew his skill level out of proportion.
You must not forget that Aragorn is descendant from the Numenor, Guys that could pwn just about anyone.
" The blood of numenor is all but spent" said Elrond.
This means, almost but not quite there.
So, Aragon must still be gifted with the grace of the numenor on some level.

Aragorn pwns. Job done.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 06:38 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote