KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How powerful is Sauron truly?

How powerful is Sauron?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Can't defeat a guy w/gun 3 12.00%
Spiderman level 0 0%
Armie pwning level 12 48.00%
Superman Level 2 8.00%
Galactus/cosmic beings/angels level 6 24.00%
All powerful being that can beat anyone 2 8.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How powerful is Sauron truly?
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question How powerful is Sauron truly?

Hi! I'm new to this forum.

Anyway, how powerful are Sauron, the other maya and the valor? Can they contend with modern day armies? Superman? Galactus?

I mean, Sauron got defeated by Elendil and Gil-gilad (spelling?), who are powerful and all, but they don't have superpowers or anything. But then some people claim that they can beat Mephisto. What do you think?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 07:55 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 08:53 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

come one....is this forum dead or something????

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 10:14 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: How powerful is Sauron truly?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

Anyway, how powerful are Sauron, the other maya and the valor? Can they contend with modern day armies? Superman? Galactus?

I mean, Sauron got defeated by Elendil and Gil-gilad (spelling?), who are powerful and all, but they don't have superpowers or anything. But then some people claim that they can beat Mephisto. What do you think?

LoLipops, that's just silly. NOTHING CAN DEFEAT SUPERMAN!!!!!111!!!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 11:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Valar can defeat Supes, maybe galactus.

Sauron can't though. Supes will speed blitz his fecking hand off.

Anyone with a physical body will lose to Supes pretty much in the LotR universe.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 10:28 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: How powerful is Sauron truly?

I beg your pardon but that is not so. Sauron killed both Elendil and Gil-Galad. He was beaten only when Isildur cut the One Ring from his finger.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 10:43 AM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
The Valar can defeat Supes, maybe galactus.

Sauron can't though. Supes will speed blitz his fecking hand off.

Anyone with a physical body will lose to Supes pretty much in the LotR universe.

Superman's 'rediculous factor' trumps all; you know this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 06:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

The valor would not stand a chance vs. Galactus: he is a universe buster.

And didn't those two get killed but still "defeat" sauron, and he was already dead but isulir just cut off the ring?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 08:14 PM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Yes, it was the combined effort of Elendil and Gil-Galad that killed Sauron. However he also killed them, as Elendil fell Narsil the sword of the King broke under him. It was then that Isildur took up the remains of his fathers sword and cut the Ring from Sauron's hand.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 02:08 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, but the fact that he got killed by two mortals....well, not really, but you get would I mean..... shows that he isn't on Superman/Galactus level like some people think.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 08:40 PM
NemeBro

Sauron is nowhere near Superman's level, let alone Galactus.

All the Valar combined could not defeat Galactus.

Hell, I doubt a Valar can defeat Superman, Melkor, who was considered the most powerful of them all, would be crushed by Superman.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 04:17 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

True, I wouldn't argue that. But Tolkien's idea of power and ability, even what constitues magic isn't as overt as Galactus or Superman, or even Harry Potter. Therefore its very hard to compare cross-context's as each has to be taken within power levels of their own respective universes. Superman is more powerful than Sauron, because he was written to have crazy levels of power.

Compared to anything in Middle-earth besides the Valar, Sauron was really powerful. But outside of that world, everyone has an opinion and its all conjecture really.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:16 AM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

It is not a very good idea to compare characters from completely different universes. For all we know, pippin could pwn galactus... laughing

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 01:30 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hom3r
DOH

Well he got b1tch slapped by a hobbit.. so yeah...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 02:30 AM
hom3r is currently offline Click here to Send hom3r a Private Message Find more posts by hom3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

lol

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 02:34 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

These are such weird comparisons the universes are so different. If I were to pick one I would say the second to last one, but honestly I would not compare them at all.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2009 08:00 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

SAuron is a corrupted angel so he is at the Angel level. As for those who claim he can't defeat SUperman. Bull frickin crap. SUperman is highly vulnerable against magic, and guess who is a mighty sorceror, yep Sauron. HE could also defeat Supes by transforming into a being composed of Kryptonite. And then proceed to maul Supes.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 04:06 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
SAuron is a corrupted angel so he is at the Angel level. As for those who claim he can't defeat SUperman. Bull frickin crap. SUperman is highly vulnerable against magic, and guess who is a mighty sorceror, yep Sauron. HE could also defeat Supes by transforming into a being composed of Kryptonite. And then proceed to maul Supes.

Superman can travel at 99.99% the speed of light and as you know he's pretty strong. Strong enough that his punches while moving at almost light speed would be quite a bit stronger than a sword, even if it's "crafted by the elves long ago". And Superman's pretty accurate too, so he could aim at the finger and punch the ring out before Sauron can react, given that he swings his mace super slow (or at least in the movies). And there's no proof that Sauron can turn into kryptonite. Especially when kryptonite doesn't exist in the LOTR universe and Sauron wouldn't know of Superman's weakness.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:21 PM
ares834

Superman can travel at 99.99% the speed of light and as you know he's pretty strong. Strong enough that his punches while moving at almost light speed would be quite a bit stronger than a sword, even if it's "crafted by the elves long ago". And Superman's pretty accurate too, so he could aim at the finger and punch the ring out before Sauron can react, given that he swings his mace super slow (or at least in the movies). And there's no proof that Sauron can turn into kryptonite. Especially when kryptonite doesn't exist in the LOTR universe and Sauron wouldn't know of Superman's weakness.

Sauron turns into whatever the heck he wants. If he knows Superman's weakness he will use it against him. Plus magic trums Supes nearly every time and Sauron is one of the most proficent sorcorers of MIddle earth.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

How about some Sauron feats?

I have no idea about Sauron's feats as I read the triloogy, similarion (sp?), and the hobbit. Feats, bitches, and then I can make judgments for you.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 04:46 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote