KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Modern day USA vs all of middle earth

Modern day USA vs all of middle earth
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Modern day USA vs all of middle earth

All of the middle earth armies plus Sauron w/the ring vs

THE USA

Who wins?

Obviously this is a spite, but I'm trying to see what LOTR fanboy can come up w/ the best argument for middle earth.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 08:38 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

USA with there F22 and hi tec stuff can win easy

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:09 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

WOW, this forum is DEAD. The only thing people post in the the annual tig party thingy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 08:45 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

One word: Melkor.

A few more:

Sauron. Fingolfin. Giant Eagles. Ungoliant.

Heck, the Wrights of the Barrow Downs or the Nine ringwraiths (by themselves) could take out the entire military of the United States. Being invulnerable to conventional weapons comes in handy.

(I didn't say Eru Illuvitar, but I might. Maybe.)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 10:08 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
One word: Melkor.

A few more:

Sauron. Fingolfin. Giant Eagles. Ungoliant.

Heck, the Wrights of the Barrow Downs or the Nine ringwraiths (by themselves) could take out the entire military of the United States. Being invulnerable to conventional weapons comes in handy.

(I didn't say Eru Illuvitar, but I might. Maybe.)

Forgot to say: No supernatural Eru or Valor or anything like that. Just the armies. Sauron and the nine allowed, but nothing else.

The nine are vulnerable to fire.

Sauron got beaten by two "mortals" (well, an elf isn't mortal, but you know what I mean) using swords. And please, even if said sword is a "great sword crafted by the ancient blahblahblah" (shouldn't ancient swords be worse? I mean, an ancient handgun isn't as good as a modern one...), if a sword can take him down, then several missiles could surely do so.

Guns, nukes, tanks and planes

vs

Swords, shields and bows

I wonder who wins...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 10:17 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Forgot to say: No supernatural Eru or Valor or anything like that. Just the armies.

You're really annoying.

Even if you put those restrictions on, I still get the massive armies of Angband, the Numenorians at their height (which would have been enough to overcome the Valar) and the High elves. The combined population of good and evil armies of the entire history of the universe would be more than the number of bullets earth could produce. (AND I GET TROLLS!)

Anyway, depending upon one's definition of supernatural, I could include Dragons since they were simply corrupted versions of Natural animals. Artificial Selection FTW! I also call dibs on Wargs.

Sauron and the nine allowed, but nothing else.
The nine are vulnerable to fire.

O......K? I assume that you aren't going to allow the 'Lord of the Rings' books (or movies) as intel for earth. That would mean that we don't know about it. Flamethrowers aren't standard equipment.

Sauron got beaten by two "mortals" (well, an elf isn't mortal, but you know what I mean) using swords. And please, even if said sword is a "great sword crafted by the ancient blahblahblah" (shouldn't ancient swords be worse? I mean, an ancient handgun isn't as good as a modern one...), if a sword can take him down, then several missiles could surely do so.

That isn't what I was going to say at all.

Sauron was beat by someone lying on the ground with a broken sword. He wasn't a threat any more. The likelihood of a modern soldier cutting off an enemy's hand is incredibly small.

Guns, nukes, tanks and planes

vs

Swords, shields and bows [And a near invulnerable demi-god and his more invulnerable demonic servants]

I wonder who wins...

Fixed.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:26 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're really annoying.

Even if you put those restrictions on, I still get the massive armies of Angband, the Numenorians at their height (which would have been enough to overcome the Valar) and the High elves. The combined population of good and evil armies of the entire history of the universe would be more than the number of bullets earth could produce. (AND I GET TROLLS!)

Anyway, depending upon one's definition of supernatural, I could include Dragons since they were simply corrupted versions of Natural animals. Artificial Selection FTW! I also call dibs on Wargs.

O......K? I assume that you aren't going to allow the 'Lord of the Rings' books (or movies) as intel for earth. That would mean that we don't know about it. Flamethrowers aren't standard equipment.

That isn't what I was going to say at all.

Sauron was beat by someone lying on the ground with a broken sword. He wasn't a threat any more. The likelihood of a modern soldier cutting off an enemy's hand is incredibly small.

Fixed. [/B]

"the entire history of the universe?"

WHAT?? Ok...now I know that you're going to say that "oh look you're bending the rules again!" but when I meant all of middle earth, I didn't mean "all of middle earth that ever existed!" No. Think about it. Let's say at the end of the third age or something. And no, I'm not really "bending the rules". All of middle earth to ever exist would be way to many people.

what will trolls do? One cannon round will bring it down. Dragons? Dragons were extinct by that time and even if so I question its ability to withstand explosive rounds.

I don't know why, but I'm making a ton of "modern day earth" vs Fantasy land recently...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 12:15 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

sorry for double post, but remember that we have:

nuclear weapons
f 22s (what's their defense for that)
abrams
etc

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 12:23 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

"the entire history of the universe?"

WHAT?? Ok...now I know that you're going to say that "oh look you're bending the rules again!" but when I meant all of middle earth, I didn't mean "all of middle earth that ever existed!" No. Think about it. Let's say at the end of the third age or something. And no, I'm not really "bending the rules". All of middle earth to ever exist would be way to many people.

what will trolls do? One cannon round will bring it down. Dragons? Dragons were extinct by that time and even if so I question its ability to withstand explosive rounds.

I don't know why, but I'm making a ton of "modern day earth" vs Fantasy land recently...

As per my new OSC: EG policy regarding people who annoy me, trolls and socks:
quote:
I don't want to play anymore. Just when I start to be happy, just when I think I can handle things, they stick in another knife. I keep having nightmares, now that I'm here. I dream I'm in the battleroom, only instead of being weightless, they're playing games with gravity. They keep changing its direction. So I never end up on the wall I launched for. I never end up where I meant to go. And I keep pleading with them just to let me get to the door, and they won't let me out, they keep sucking me back in.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 12:32 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by coolmovies
USA with there F22 and hi tec stuff can win easy

Lol, F22's aren't required. Launch a few H-bombs and its over.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 12:58 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

As per my new OSC: EG policy regarding people who annoy me, trolls and socks:

I'm not a sock, and I don't intent to be a troll.

And no offense, but it's you that's insulting me; you always say "you're silly" or "do you seriously think that". I never insulted you in any way.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 08:05 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I'm not aware of any interpretation of my post that implies that you are either. I put "people who annoy me, trolls and socks." As you are obviously not a troll or a sock, you simply fall under the category of 'people who annoy me' rather than one of the more serious accusations. "You're silly" is my way of saying that I disagree, and I don't think that I have ever written the words 'do you seriously think that' as a reply to you. I don't feel insulted by you. If you think I've insulted you then I'm sorry.

*Edit:
The word you were looking for was 'intend'. 'I don't intend to be a troll.'

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 08:40 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, so let's say that the USA decides to attack Gondor first. So, they just have a bunch of bombers absolutely destroy all those walled castles and such. Then, their TANKS, men w/MACHINE GUNS and HELICOPTORS start marching towards the white city. OK, so then the army garrisoned comes out to meet them (the walls are destroyed, so there's no point in garrisoning themselves in a castle that's destroyed). The infantry/cavalry charge at the Americans. The Americans open fire. The Gondorians started getting mowed down as each soldier is taking out several in a second. They'd never even get close.

Then, they invade Rohan, do the same airstrike thingy, and then engage the Rohirrim. Well, the Rohan calvarly will charge at the tanks and infantry, only to get mowed down by "magic arrows" that hit them several times a second.

Then, they invade Mordor, and win in the same way.

And so on.

And about the "Numenorians" and such, first of all they aren't in the third age (but that's my fault because I posted wrong), and the Numenorians can't withstand bullets/cannons unless if they're supernatural or something, which they aren't.

Neither can the high elves; in the movie you see elves going down after getting hit by a SWORD, let alone a BULLET or a CANNON or MISILE jor NUKE

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Mar 20th, 2009 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 09:16 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Clearly. Pitting the mortal inhabitants, as a divided set of forces, against the modern military might of the United States is spite. As none of these powers have any supernatural assistance at all (no war mages n' such) it is equivalent to asking if Modern USA could beat the Holy Roman Empire. It is self-evident and a waste of our time.

If you go by your original post then Middle Earth has a reasonably good chance of victory, even if only by the use of Body-Shields.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 09:41 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clearly. Pitting the mortal inhabitants, as a divided set of forces, against the modern military might of the United States is spite. As none of these powers have any supernatural assistance at all (no war mages n' such) it is equivalent to asking if Modern USA could beat the Holy Roman Empire. It is self-evident and a waste of our time.

If you go by your original post then Middle Earth has a reasonably good chance of victory, even if only by the use of Body-Shields.

Sauron, the Nine, Gandalf and such are allowed, but no Eru (that's just spite) or any of the Valor

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 10:12 PM
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

The U.S Nukes Middle Earth into a pile of rubble.

no expression

Seriously, without Morgoth, this is spite.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 03:55 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Nuclear warfare is something Middle Earth is not going to be able to fvck with. erm

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 06:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Tom Bombadil solos, lol

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 07:10 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember, they still have Sauron/nine/Gandalf.

I'm interested to see any arguments in middle earth's favor.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 10:11 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Europe in the middle ages VS modern America. FIGHT!

I'm interested to see any arguments in favor of the Holy Roman Empire. See what I did there?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 04:39 PM