KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Which would be better for a movie?

Which would be better for a movie?
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Which would be better for a movie?

Who would want a movie about the Lay of Leithan? Maybe Narn i Chin Hurin? any suggestions?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:43 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Neither. They would require backstories in the form of more movies just so people know what's going on. The First Age was too in depth for a movie.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:35 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Then make more than 1 is my answer. Make one about the Second Age for all we care. Maybe even the war with the Witch-King for a movie. I would want to see that for one.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 02:32 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Not much happens in the Second Age for a movie to be made of it. Everything's looked at from a distant perspective and occurring over hundred and thousands of years. That would make for a very poor movie.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 05:48 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

4th age! 5th age!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 07:20 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wha'd you say?!!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:39 PM
Incanus
Istari

What about the war with the Witch-King? The Nirnaeth Arnoediad? Make movies about the things that would progress farther, starting with oh idk, something. Have the first part with the Valaquenta, then move to the Quenta Silmarillion, then the Akallabeth, and so on so forth. Do the history of Middle-Earth.

Isil

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:45 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

You REALLY like lotr, do you? That's cool, you've saved the dying LOTR forum.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:46 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
What about the war with the Witch-King? The Nirnaeth Arnoediad? Make movies about the things that would progress farther, starting with oh idk, something. Have the first part with the Valaquenta, then move to the Quenta Silmarillion, then the Akallabeth, and so on so forth. Do the history of Middle-Earth.
And murder a beloved series with movies...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:48 PM
Incanus
Istari

[QUOTE=12082942]Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And murder a beloved series with movies... [/QUOTEWell, each one is a book, right? Well, they arnt that long, they could have it exactly right, and STILL have it in a sensible time frame of 3 hrs or less. Except the Lay of Leithan, and Narn i Chin Hurin...........

Isil

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:33 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
[QUOTE=12082942]Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And murder a beloved series with movies... [/QUOTEWell, each one is a book, right? Well, they arnt that long, they could have it exactly right, and STILL have it in a sensible time frame of 3 hrs or less. Except the Lay of Leithan, and Narn i Chin Hurin...........
It's because they're so short that such movies would be terrible. The Hobbit or LotR were in-depth, multi-character stories spread over a short time. There is no other time in Arda where the happenings and goings-on were so detailed and personal. Any film of them would suck balls because there'd be virtually nothing to fill the time, or the filmmakers would have to make up stuff to do so--which of course defeats the purpose.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:05 PM
Incanus
Istari

Well, acutally in the SIlmarillion, the books were condensed, so in other books like Unfinished Tales, they were expanded, and you can read the whole thing.

Isil

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:39 PM