KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The white council vs Sauron

The white council vs Sauron
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

The white council vs Sauron

This is Gandalf the white.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 11:08 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Sauron wins die to the fact that he is big, has a big mace, the Ring, AND the fact that Galadriel dosnt fight, and all the Istari are inferior to him.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 01:11 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 09:37 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Sauron loses. Gandalf the White alone cna challenge and he might even beat Sauron by himself. Adding the other council member will be enough

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 10:11 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

But there is the fact that all the maiar sent in the third age were inferior to Sauron.

wow, it been a long time since i logged on.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 08:19 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

Gandalf the white was never a member of the white council... It is uncertain who were the members but the council combined would defeat Sauron without the one ring if it was just the council members vs Sauron.

Think of it this way, we have one weaken Maiar against at least 2 Powerful elf Lords (Galadriel and Glorfindel), Glorfindel himself has already defeated a Maiar. The council also has three Maiar, Gandalf, Saurman and Radagast. The council might have also included Elrond and Cirdan but that is speculation.

The White council against Sauron with the Ring would be a more interesting battle, but he was still defeated by a Elf Lord (Gil-galad (who had not seen the lights of the two trees) and a man

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 11:00 PM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

...I think you're taking the whole "Gandalf the Grey" v. "Gandalf the White" thing too literally - they're the same being.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 08:05 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

Gandalf the grey was tired and operating under quite a few restrictions, "The Istari were forbidden to reveal themselves in forms of majesty, or to seek to rule the wills of Men or Elves by open display of power"

When Eru Intervenes and sends Gandalf back both his wisdom and power was much greater because he was refreshed and no longer a Istari sent by the valar but as a representative sent by Ilúvatar himself.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 10:13 PM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Agreed. Gandalf the White is brimming with power, anble to challenge the Nine, whereas Gandalf the Grey was sent packing when confronted by the same.

Gandalf arguably had the most power of the wizards sent to Middle Earth by Cirdan's own admission, but he had not realized it until the White Countil was no more.

As for this match, Sauron himself was more than a match for the White Council post-Mirkwood. Before that, he could be driven off, but not annihilated. It's debatable whether or not the White Council could challenge Sauron once he raised the black tower.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 08:40 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote