KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Fellowship of the Ring vs The Two Towers

Fellowship of the Ring vs The Two Towers
Started by: Dark_Queen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

Fellowship of the Ring vs The Two Towers

hi LOTR fans!!!
i hope you like my new forum smile .Basically,the title of my forum speaks for itself....which movie did you all enjoy more,FOTR or TTT & why???!!!
thanks!!!

Dark_Queen
ps. maybe i can add up people's respones and tell you the results if you likewink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:40 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

its a tread you Queen, who is Dark....
you put this movies up against each other... their both very good!

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 10:40 AM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

i know,mujaffa,it was very hard!!!smile

but i am of the opinion that the FOTR(movie,that is) was a little better....lol

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 10:51 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

Well they are both part of the same stoylines, but over all it would be TTT as the action really begins, in the FOTR it is just introducing the characters and story.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 11:27 AM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

hi onawien,welcome 2 my forum!

yes TTT does have some great battles,like Helm's deep.i loved all the action,but i thought PJ altered the storyline too much in TTT,especially with faramir,and the ending!Don't u agree?
and i think the actors found it a bit harder to play their characters,like frodo for example.i mean,i couldn't do any better,but frodo and sam were the least well done.frodo kept rolling his eyes and snapping at sam,and then he turned on sam,and to top it all off sam tells frodo to put the ring on!!!arrrghhh! TTT was a bit of a mess in that respect. whereas in the FOTR frodo and sam were more believable. phew..im out of breath..lol
i hope you understood all that,lol

Dark_Queen

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:02 PM
Onawien

well, i do agree, pj did say he wasnt going to stay true to the book, although he did in FOTR. when they were filming, they didnt film the movies in order, when filming FOTR they also filmed parts of ROTK also, the actors had to change the characters quit abit, especially frodo's character. but they all enjoyed playing them, they liked the challenge.

I suppose you were right about frodo and sam in the FOTR. In the TTT i was very supprised when Smegol/gollum (not sure how to spell it) called sam a fat hobbit.

the character gimli is very good in the TTT though, in the film, TTT gimli was my favourite.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:14 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

u are right,it was a challenge!and PJ did film 3 big movies back to back in a short period.the actors did quite a good job overall,but the TTT did dissapoint me a little,considering that frodo & sam are my fav characters.i suppose by having frodo act that way towards sam,it was meant to show that his character was becoming "darker",because of the ring etc.
and as u said,that was a bit silly when gollum(i hate spelling it too),called sam a "fat" hobbit.it was funny in a way!!.
so u like gimli the best?i like gimli too.not very many notice poor gimli.he was quite funny in TTT movie,especially when he was having trouble riding his horse!!lol

Dark_Queen

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:34 PM
Onawien

gimli is a very essential character with a comical humour. but my favourite character of the trilogy would have to be Aragorn, hands down.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 12:38 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

gimli was my least favourite character in TTT-the movie. he had too many pun-lines and it was all a bit racist towards the dwarves. frodo, sam and all the others were good IMO

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:05 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

LOTR has a hard time recongising racism. In that it is full of it- powerful white males defeating evil armies of darkness, and fighting back slanty-eyed easterlings and coloured Haradrim...

Look at the Rohirrim. Blonde haired, blue eyed...

Product of his time, was Tolkien, though in his defence he spoke out VERY strongly against anti-semitism.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yeah, but I was more pointing out that the dwarves appear to be silly, clumsy little men in TTT cause of gimlis mischief

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:19 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i liked fotr a little better too. But i'm really waiting to see TTT at cinema, or a divx, something!..maybe i'll change my oppinion.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:37 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I have only seen TTT once I need a couple of more viewings to put them up against each other.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 08:38 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

they are very different films, yet seeing as its part of one story they're not really two films. anyway, I like them both equally much

Old Post Jan 17th, 2003 09:13 PM
Izz

At first i liked FOTR better, because i just love elves, and they aren't in TTT very much. i was quite glad when finally a few turned up at helms deep. but TTT shows a lot of aragorn, and he's cool. and so is treebeard. but as finti said, i'll have to watch it a few more times first. and it's gonna take ages before the dvd is finally released! Aaaaaargh! mad and i don't think someone will go with me to see it in the cinema (for the third time).......

'But I say to you, king of the Numenoreans, not untill now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, then it is bitter to receive.'

Old Post Jan 18th, 2003 11:46 AM
Izz is currently offline Click here to Send Izz a Private Message Find more posts by Izz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arien

TTT was soo much better than FOTR. i think gollum was portrayed as a much better character in TTT. in FOTR, he was some evil being, but in TTT, he has some life and a purpose, too. and wormtongue is cool, in his own dimented little way. legolas rocks his socks, if he wears any. hey- new question- do elves wear socks, or do their boots just stink really bad?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2003 02:07 AM
Arien is currently offline Click here to Send Arien a Private Message Find more posts by Arien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

TTT, hands down. I've seen this movie more times than FOTR.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2003 09:56 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i guess i like fotr better because of it's impact on me. It basicly openned my whole lotr universe. I read the books and so on afterwards.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2003 08:10 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

FOTR does have a few scenes with can really make me shiffer with a sense of happyness and understanding which before that only my late grandfather could give me, which is very nice
FOTR is a much warmer movie then TTT
but when it envolves story and combat TTT is awesomely better

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2003 08:38 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

TTT,s is better imo v good film
but maybe TRoTK will be even better we can only hope
smokin'

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 08:58 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote