KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Ending

Ending
Started by: ajwoods89

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ajwoods89

Ending

HI! IM GOING TO BUY THE BOOK WHEN I SAVE UP BUT THAT WILL PROB BE A WHILE AWAY! CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS IN
RETURN OF THE KING
Thanks stick out tongue eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) cool big grin wink smile laughing out loud Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 06:47 AM
ajwoods89 is currently offline Click here to Send ajwoods89 a Private Message Find more posts by ajwoods89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

em..sure you don't wanna read it unspoiled?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 11:35 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

its better than the two towers, it my favourite book, if you really want to know then pm me and i will give you a few ideas of what happens. not that you cant figure it out by yourself.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 01:27 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Geez, I have always thought ROTK by far the weakest of the three...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 03:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

well i guess its what people like. i know PJ isnt going to do the part in the shire, because it really doent have anytyhing to do with the quest, but i liked that part. there is so much i want to sa vabout it without giving it away so i will have to keep it to myself. DAMN

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 04:56 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

what???? is he mental??(said in a very new zelandic accent)
he can't cut out the last part..it's vital..

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 05:08 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i thought rotk was the weakest too. I liked fotr best.
Now, i think it's a mistake for someone to tell him the ending.Pm or not. It'll be horrible knowing what happens...trust me..read it as it is.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 05:41 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He damn well CAN cut out that last part. It is completely useless for the film (and pretty rubbish for the book as well)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 07:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by Mujaffa
what???? is he mental??(said in a very new zelandic accent)
he can't cut out the last part..it's vital..

of course he can! he should!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 07:52 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

that would be bad.

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 09:31 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

nope ...it's 'skippable'

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2003 11:58 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I have the book but have not gotten around to reading it yet...I shall read it in a few months...perhaps weeks....but almost certainly before I see the next movie....which gives me what ....11 months

Old Post Jan 24th, 2003 12:43 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dejio

For all of the people who hasn't read ROTK yet, my sugestion is...
DON'T READ THE BOOK!....yet. Not until you've watched the film version.

Trust me on this; about 80% of the time, people get dissapointed with the film adaptation of any book.

Why? Because people always have diferent interpretations. Film adaptations always has to compete with individual imaginations.

Read the book after, to get all the details. You'll benefit from both medium this way.

IMO, anyway. big grin

Last edited by Dejio on Jan 24th, 2003 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2003 01:18 AM
Dejio is currently offline Click here to Send Dejio a Private Message Find more posts by Dejio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

not in my opinion at all, the books are the best, but you'll get the best experience at the movies if you've read the books first. READ!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2003 03:03 PM
Dexx
wingless

course the books are better.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2003 03:42 PM
glorfindel

of course the book is better
no i think the end is nesassery
the ride of the rohan is one of my fav. parts
i think most people should see the film first then read and find out what they mist(quite alot)
smokin'

Old Post Jan 24th, 2003 08:37 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

lol,i havent read ROTK as yet...i will soon thoughsmile
but if u do read the book first,you don't get that element of complete shock & surprise!!!!eek!
i read the book first,before i saw TTT,and i couldn't help but be critical over every little thing in the movie..lolwink

anyway,as long as the book is read eventually,thats all that matters!!!

DQ

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 12:13 PM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

and please don't spoil the story(4 those who haven't read ROTK)....if others haven't read it ,well let them do so in their own time!!!don't say anything!!!!!!!As tempting as it may be..........lol laughing out loud

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Last edited by Dark_Queen on Jan 26th, 2003 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 12:20 PM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

please stop saying lol that often..pleeeaaase

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 02:19 PM
glorfindel

i must agree please stop lol it,s a pain to read lol so many times lol is only used once in a post u shoulnd not lol more than once
lol smokin' Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2003 06:12 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote