KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » What Two Towers DVD are you going to buy?

What TTT DVD will you buy?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Theatrical Release 3 11.54%
Extended Edition 11 42.31%
Both 12 46.15%
Neither 0 0%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What Two Towers DVD are you going to buy?
Started by: edwinian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
edwinian
Heavy Metal

What Two Towers DVD are you going to buy?

Any early thoughts?

I am definately going to be buying both!!!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 04:27 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i would prefer the Ext DVD but i know i wont be able to waite big grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 04:54 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

the extended...

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 08:50 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I ditto that, Turin. It happened last time, it will happen again! big grin

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 09:23 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

extended

Old Post May 1st, 2003 02:52 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

they are bloodsucking the fans yet again bloody greedy bastards

Old Post May 1st, 2003 04:48 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrixStar
I see you

Both

Old Post May 2nd, 2003 06:56 AM
TrixStar is currently offline Click here to Send TrixStar a Private Message Find more posts by TrixStar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kiwifrodo
Luthien of Hobbits

Both both both both! I have both extended and theatrical of FOTR coz there's stuff on the xtra dvd in the theatrical that you don't see in the extended.

Frodo: I'm thirsty, Sam.
Sam: Tough luck, Mr. Frodo - this water bottle is mine, remember?

Aragorn: What's it *called*? Why would I call it *anything*? - it's just a sword.

Old Post May 3rd, 2003 01:24 PM
Kiwifrodo is currently offline Click here to Send Kiwifrodo a Private Message Find more posts by Kiwifrodo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

probably only the theatrical...but uh I htink it may come down to which I find first...

Old Post May 5th, 2003 03:56 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeepThought
Salmon of Doubt!

I'll rent theatrical, then own Extended

Old Post May 10th, 2003 08:43 PM
DeepThought is currently offline Click here to Send DeepThought a Private Message Find more posts by DeepThought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

both just like fellowship

Old Post May 10th, 2003 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I did the exact same thing BF. I'm impatient...

Old Post May 11th, 2003 03:07 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thelotrlovr15
you may call me SALAZAR!

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwifrodo
Both both both both! I have both extended and theatrical of FOTR coz there's stuff on the xtra dvd in the theatrical that you don't see in the extended.

Exactly...!!!!

"I know half of you half as well as I should like... And I like less than half of you half as well as you diserve..."--Bilbo

" That'll be them, will it, Potter?"
He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder; his magical eye was evidently peering through the back of his hand and his bowler hat. Harry leanded and inch or so to the left to see where Mad-Eye was pointing and there, sure enough, were the three Dursleys, who looked positively appallled to see Harry's reception committee.
"Ah, Harry!" said Mr. Weasley, turning from Hermione's parents, whom he had been greeting enthusiastically, and who were taking it in turns to hug Hermione." Well-- shall we do it then?"
" Yeah, I reckon so, Arthur," said Moody.
He and Mr. Weasley took the lead across the station toward the place where the Dursleys stood, apparently rooted to the floor. Hermione disengaged herself gently from her mother to join the group.
" Good afternoon," said Mr. Weasley pleasantly to Uncle Vernon coming to a halt right in front of him. " You might remember me, my name's Arthur Wealey."
As Mr. Weasley had singlehandedly demolished most of the Dursley's living room two years previously, Harry would have been very surprised if Uncle Vernon had forgotten him. Sure enough, Uncle Vernon turned a deeper shade of puce and glared at Mr. Weasley, but chose not to say anything, partly, perhaps, because the Dursley's were outnumbered two to one. Aunt Petunia looked both frightened and embarassed. She kept glancing around, as though terrified somebody she knew would see her in such company. Dudley, meanwhile, seemed to be trying to look small and insignificant, a feat at which he was failing extravagantly.
" We thought we'd just have a few words with you about Harry." said Mr. Weasley, still smiling.
" Yeah," growled Moody." About how he's treated when he's at your place."
Uncle Vernon's mustache seemed to bristle with indignation. Possibly because the bowler hat gave him the entirely mistaken impression that he was dealing with a kindred spirit, he addressed himself to Moody.
" I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house-"
" I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.
" Anyway, that's not the point," interjected Tonks, whose pink hair seemed to offend Aunt Petunia more than all the rest put together, for she closed her eyes rather than look at her." The point is, if we find out you've been horrible to Harry--"
"-- and make no mistake, we'll hear about it," added Lupiin pleasantly.
" Yes," said Mr. Weasley, " even if you won't let Harry use the felly tone--"
" TELEPHONE," whispered Hermoine.
" Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way, you'll have us to answer to," said Moody.
Uncle Vernon swelled ominously. His sensed of outrage seemed to outweigh even his fear of this bunch of oddballs.
" Are you threatening me ,sir" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.
" Yes, I am," said Mad- Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.
" And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
" Well..." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his sinisterly revovling magical eye. Uncle Vernon leapt backward in horror and collided painfully with a luggage trolley. " Yes, I'd have to say you do, Dursley."
He turned away from Uncle Vernon to surey Harry. " So, Potter... give us a shout if you need us. If we don't hear from you for three days in a row, we'll send someone along...."
Aunt Petunia whimpered piteously. It could not have been plainer tht she was thinking of what neighbors would say if they caught sight of these people marching up the garden path.
" ' Bye, then, Potter," said Moody, grasping Harry's shoulder for a moent with a gnarled hand.
" Take care, Harry," said Lupin quietly. " Keep in touch."
" Harry, we'll have you away from there as soom as we can," Mrs. Weasley whispered, hugging him again.
" We'll see you soon ,mate," said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
" Really soon, Harry," said Hermione earnestly." We promise."
Harry nodded. He somehow could not find words to tell them what it meant to him, to see them all ranged there, on his side. Instead he smiled, raised a hand in farewell, turned around, and led the way out of he station toward the sunlit strret, with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley hurrying along in his wake.

Old Post May 19th, 2003 12:18 AM
thelotrlovr15 is currently offline Click here to Send thelotrlovr15 a Private Message Find more posts by thelotrlovr15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I was going to say that too... big grin

Old Post May 19th, 2003 02:58 AM
justinday15
Jay

When does the DVD come out?

Old Post May 20th, 2003 11:24 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

July-August, or so I've heard.

Old Post May 21st, 2003 01:02 AM
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by turin
i would prefer the Ext DVD but i know i wont be able to waite big grin

I would like to think I would have the patience to wait for the kick ass extended version, but I'll get real and admit I'll get the first version I can get my greedy litty hands on.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 21st, 2003 08:30 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

nah, just as well rent it; you can watch through the extra material on the theatrical on one night.

Old Post May 21st, 2003 09:21 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Not if your a lazy ass and don't feel like returning the film. big grin

Old Post May 21st, 2003 10:37 PM
ariwin

I'm going to buy both...only because I know that I can't wait. If i resorted to renting it, I'd spend just as much $ at blockbuster as I would if I just went ahead and bought the TR....

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:35 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote