KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Monty Python's Flying Circus

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Monty Python's Flying Circus

This is without a doubt one of the funniest non-sitcom comedies that Britain has ever produced, its just so surreal and twisted but at the same time very hilarious, Cleese, Idle, Palin, Jones, Gillam and Chapman (RIP) really brought the show to life. And the show produced now legendary sketches including the dead parrot sketch & the society of silly walks not to mention my personal favorites 'how not to be seen' and 'self defence against a man brandishing....a piece of fruit'.
Any other fans out their ???

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:53 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

wow,how did I not see this..I love monety python thier comedy is timeless! the holy grail is mine and my fathers all time favorite movie! Im thinking of getting copies of the show for him for his birthday!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 10:31 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ooh! Ooh! Meeeee! Meeeee!

Look far enough back in the forums and you will see myself and Edna doing the entire Cheese shop sketch...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 12:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I've seen the movies, but not many of the original tv series...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 12:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
I've seen the movies, but not many of the original tv series...

The series is alot like the fourth movie And Now For Something Completely Different very surreal and hilariously funny.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 12:40 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I've seen bits... Like, I saw the 30 years celebration evening...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 12:42 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually... I mean, ANFSCDS was just a rephash of sketches for an American audience... the film that is most like the series is Meaning of Life, which in many ways was simply an extended sketch show pretedning to be built around a concept.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 01:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually... I mean, ANFSCDS was just a rephash of sketches for an American audience... the film that is most like the series is Meaning of Life, which in many ways was simply an extended sketch show pretedning to be built around a concept.

I always thought Meaning of Life was the poorest of the series, ANFSCD was just a compilation of a series of sketches (hence the title) that is why i compare it more to Flying Circus.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 03:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

John Cleese thinks that as well but I am a defender of MoL; the reason it is the poorest film is precisely because it is so much more like the tv series (which worked better at 30 minutes)

BtVS

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 03:04 PM
wicker_man
V.2

I am unsure why this film never appealed to me, although in its saving grave the short intro involving the business pirates has to be one of the funniest film intros i have ever seen.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 03:07 PM
NinthCorona

hmm...i dun think i have even seen this...i always see TV commerecials for it, but i never ordered it sad

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 04:11 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Dogbert
hmm...i dun think i have even seen this...i always see TV commerecials for it, but i never ordered it sad

It is definitely worth a look, failing that try to catch one of the movies particularly And Now For Something Completely Different which is in the same vein as Flying Circus.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 04:28 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I think the reason MoL was such a poor film was because it WASN'T a film - it was a tv show that ran on too long! big grin

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 07:31 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
I think the reason MoL was such a poor film was because it WASN'T a film - it was a tv show that ran on too long! big grin

Well in saying that And Now For Something Completely Different was also no more then a collection of clips thrown together to make a movie and unlike Meaning of Life did not have any story plot what so ever, however i throughly enjoyed And Now For Something Completely Different.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 08:01 PM
thorncrawler
very with the sexy W_E

i love monty p ython its incredable, i have done the dead parott, cheese shop, the lumberjack song, nudge nudge wink wink and the four yorkshirmen sceches!

@->--"victims arn't we all"
the glass may be half full but the bottles empty
i was with yumcarrots, now im with wicked_elphie

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 03:31 PM
thorncrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thorncrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thorncrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reneekittycat

Monty Python's Flying Circus was the best thing to come out of England, with the possible exception of my husband of course. My favorite skits are The Lumberjack Song and Dead Parrot. Their comedy is classic. rolling on floor laughing

Happy Dance
Renee

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 01:13 PM
Reneekittycat is currently offline Click here to Send Reneekittycat a Private Message Find more posts by Reneekittycat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Phoe and I appear to be in absolute agreement on this.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 01:33 PM
msj_shanks
Gater

monty python are the funnyist men in british comedy history.
i espesially love monty python and the holy grail.

http://www.bebo.com/gatershanks

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:42 AM
msj_shanks is currently offline Click here to Send msj_shanks a Private Message Find more posts by msj_shanks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote