KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Angels in America

Angels in America
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Angels in America

Angels in America: HBO drama is a soaring study of hope and despair
If there were any power left in the overworked word "awesome," it would make good shorthand to describe "Angels in America," HBO's six-hour adaptation of an acclaimed play about America in the '80s. It's also thought-provoking, mind-blowing and, at times, breathtaking.
tonight I watched the golden globes and seen 'angels' receive many awards and then seen it was on again on HBO, reminded me how moved I was by this movie adaptation of the tony award winning play.

has any one else seen this truly inspiring mini-series?

Attachment: copy of angels.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 06:40 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

heres a picture of the shows main cutie justin kirk

Attachment: copy of angels2.jpg
This has been downloaded 29 time(s).

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 06:44 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
charlit
LoVe Me xxxx

hello peps
Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 06:49 AM
charlit is currently offline Click here to Send charlit a Private Message Find more posts by charlit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
velvetina

Angels in America

Hi

Angels airs 2nite in the UK, and has been getting alot of hype. So, I am expecting to be completely drawn in and completely mesmerised!

Anyone out there seen it? What did you think? Let me know!

Is it worth all the attention its been getting?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 01:14 PM
velvetina is currently offline Click here to Send velvetina a Private Message Find more posts by velvetina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

yeah..it is really deep,kinda the sort of movie that makes you ask serious questions about the world and people in it, I felt it was enlightening..I also made a thread about it after I watched it..I hope you like it as much as I did!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 02:55 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

oh one more thing the dialog between Al pacino and Jeffrey Wright is my favorite..beyond intelligent and powerful..honestly this one of my all time favorite movies now..I can wait till they release it on dvd!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 03:02 PM
velvetina

TA , for replying will let you know what I think about first half torrow. I've got a feeling it will be right up my street.

I like surreal!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 03:37 PM
velvetina is currently offline Click here to Send velvetina a Private Message Find more posts by velvetina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

yes please come back and let me know..I don't know anyone who has gotten to see this, Id love to hear your thoughts! big grin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 09:00 PM
Abbita

I am watching it right now!!!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 09:10 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I want to be watching it right now. sad

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 05:56 AM
velvetina

Saw first half and thought it was excellent. You are right about the dialogue between Jeffrey Wright and Al Pacino. It was, without trying to sound corny - breathtaking. This is definately one to buy on DVD, so you can watch it again, and again! Can't wait for second half tonight!

I also loved the "ghosts" of the prewalters coming back to haunt, just all of it really. People kept calling me whilst I was watching it, in the end I sent a stroppy text telling them to leave me alone!

It drew me in totally....off to look around see if I can find out when its out on DVD.....bet its ages

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 12:21 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I am glad to hear it captured you as well! it just gets better too! the second half is what really got me thinking about the big scope of the movie..can't wait to hear your second review!

yeah I bet your right though it will along time before it's out on dvd..I am gonna make everyone I know watch it once I get my hands on it smile

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 05:46 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I can't seem to stay away from this thread smile I just checked my hbo here to see (praying) that 'angels' was on..and it is!(later tonight) but how are they playing it there is it divided up in 3hr halfs? here they have tonight a hour and a half of it sad the only time I got to catch all 6hrs was when they played it all in one day.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 08:34 PM
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Smile Angels in America

I loved that when they put it on Channel 4... although watching it for three hours solid was surprisingly tiring... has it been brought out onto DVD or anything, I'd like to own it (:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 02:04 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote