KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Chronicles of Riddick

Chronicles of Riddick
Started by: odin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
odin
Senior Fancy-Pants

Question Chronicles of Riddick

So..... is this movie Chronicles of Riddick...
is that a sequel to Pitch Black ? or a prequel?

either way... I think it looks good! big grin

"Video games don't effect children...If Pac-Man effected us as children we'd all we running around dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music."

.... sounds like a rave ;o)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 12:04 PM
odin is currently offline Click here to Send odin a Private Message Find more posts by odin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I believe its a sequel but I guess it could be a prequel. All I know is that they are related in one form or the other.

either way... I think it will be bad! big grin

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 12:30 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I thought they shortened the name a few months back to just "Riddick"...........

I doubt this movie will be anything great. Pitch Black was decent I guess.......nothing special. I already know everything about the Riddick character that I care to know.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 01:14 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It's a prequel, who's sequels that stem from the first one depend on how the first 1 does. I'm all for it. It's supposed to document Riddicks rise from antagonist to hero. It's probably Vin Diesel's most watchable performance in a movie.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 07:17 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TimberlandG2
**Card Dealer**

I dont care what it is I just cant wait for this to come out! Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 08:19 PM
TimberlandG2 is currently offline Click here to Send TimberlandG2 a Private Message Find more posts by TimberlandG2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manosteel

Chronicles Of Riddick

Being the sequel to Pitch Black i think this movie looks like it could be brilliant, Vin Diesel is in by far his best role so far as the prisoner Riddick. What does anyone else think bout this movie or any Vin Diesel movie

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 10:33 PM
manosteel is currently offline Click here to Send manosteel a Private Message Find more posts by manosteel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

1) It's not a sequel

2) This is for reviews, may wanna throw this in the General Movie Discussion

3) It's actual a planned prequel, with 3 parts, each of which depending on the success of the 1st.

4) There's a CGI "Chronicles" coming out to help pormote the live action version in the coming months.

All that said, I am looking forward to it because I loved Pitch Black, and I think it's Vin Diesel's bets work to date.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 04:54 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Moving to Movie Discussion.
Moving--moved

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 11:08 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I also liked Pitch Black..............I look forward to seeing this. It is one of the two movies that Vin Diesel has done that he didn't totally suck in. His best movie ever, Knockaround Guys, being the other.

I thought they dropped the "chronicles of" portion of the title months ago and decided to just call it "Riddick"........when did they tack it back on?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 12:39 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
It is one of the two movies that Vin Diesel has done that he didn't totally suck in. His best movie ever, Knockaround Guys, being the other.

I thought they dropped the "chronicles of" portion of the title months ago and decided to just call it "Riddick"........when did they tack it back on?

Totally agree on "Knockaround Guys". As for the "Chronicles" part, I have no clue. If they do end up releasing all 3 chapters, it's for the best that the title coincides with the "diary" release title, with 3 installments.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:21 PM
silvabullet
The Punisher

I just saw it, I thought it was a pretty cool movie.

"You are not special. You are the all singing all dancing, crap of the world."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 06:12 AM
silvabullet is currently offline Click here to Send silvabullet a Private Message Find more posts by silvabullet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm not excited at all for Riddick. Pitch Black was decent at best but I hate Vin Diesel. I'll go if my friends drag me to it but other than that, I have no plans of seeing it.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 07:28 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I have to agree with Evil Dead and Cinemadiction. I loved pitch black but have hated just about everything else he's done (shudders at the thought of XXX). However, I don't think these will be quite as strong as pitch black, they seem liek they'll be alot different, not even in teh same genre.

Oh, I also thought knockaround guys was his only other decent performance as well.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silvabullet
The Punisher

He wasn't that bad in F&tF

"You are not special. You are the all singing all dancing, crap of the world."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 09:07 PM
silvabullet is currently offline Click here to Send silvabullet a Private Message Find more posts by silvabullet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo2

Vin Deisel shouldn't act............oh, and i solidly stand by that comment

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 11:25 PM
neo2 is currently offline Click here to Send neo2 a Private Message Find more posts by neo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

quote:
Originally posted by neo2
Vin Deisel shouldn't act............oh, and i solidly stand by that comment

i've yet to seem him do so

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 12:15 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

Cool pitch black sequel cronicles of riddick

any one have anything to say about the sequel to pitch black ? haven t heard much about it . i'm looking forowd to it . the trailers look great , perhaps better than the first .

Old Post May 19th, 2004 07:14 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wrong forum.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 08:04 PM
freddyfan20

Smile

I myself think this will be a great movie. It will give people a chance to see why Pitch Black was Pitch Black. Plus overall it looks like a great action packed movie. Another thumbs up for Vin - Travis

Old Post May 20th, 2004 06:38 PM
freddyfan20 is currently offline Click here to Send freddyfan20 a Private Message Find more posts by freddyfan20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i cant wait for this movie!!!

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 21st, 2004 12:18 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote