KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Who watches Indie Films?

Who watches Indie Films?
Started by: Holcomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Holcomb

Who watches Indie Films?

So what is your favorite independant film of all time?? Wondering if anyone has checked out those new commercials on IFC..they are freakin hilarious. Especially the one with Susan Sarandon.. they all totally crack me up

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:14 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Independent films don't usually make it to mass markets, unless they come by way of Sundance. So, my answer would have to be "on occasion".

No art house places around here, and I think they'd be full of beatniks, anyway.

For good "independent" movies, that are readily available, I usually can rely on Trauma Team for a good laugh.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 03:26 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I love independant films. I also love foreign films, as Shall We Dance? is one of my favorites

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:24 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I used to watch them until they started getting so full of themselves.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:06 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I loved Pi............and A Better Place was also golden.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 04:04 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorC

i have seen a lot of inde films. The Usual Suspect is my all time Fav Flim. The Spider is the good one too. mmmm lets me think. Memento, Identity, Snatch, Amelia, Blue, Before Sun Rise. it depends on what kind of movie you like. but of my suggestion don't try to see horror film, coz you will thorw up before the end,( as i mostly did)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 03:57 PM
thorC is currently offline Click here to Send thorC a Private Message Find more posts by thorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heen68
heen68

I've seen a few indian films.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 09:44 PM
heen68 is currently offline Click here to Send heen68 a Private Message Find more posts by heen68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

I'm a fan of memento too. Strange but good movie. Usual Suspect is a great movie! I like how it's so different. So none of you have seen the spoof commercials?? I was hoping one of you had seen them so you could laugh with me...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 11:18 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I love watching Indie films, GhostWorld and Lantana being 2 of my favorites.

There's this great theater in my neighborhood that only shows Indie films, I visit about 2 times a month

www.angelikafilmcenter.com/dallas

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 11:52 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorC

i don't know if you Guy have ever seen " JIVES" . the great short indie movie. which was produced by Mark Wahlbberg. and directed by Leslie Neale. it's about : Being tough on crime is one thing. But trying children as adults, and dispensing brutal sentences that are shockingly out of proportion to the offense, is quite another. Most Americans would say this can’t happen here, yet for thousands of young people, this is the reality of the present day juvenile justice system, which has turned its back on its initial mission to protect young people and now sends over 200,000 kids through the adult system each year.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 04:49 PM
thorC is currently offline Click here to Send thorC a Private Message Find more posts by thorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, I usually see alot of independant horror films when they come to video. I like alot of independant movies that aren't horror as well, but there are no art house theaters around here so I have to wait for them to come to video. Some of my favorites are...

Irreversible
Requiem for a Dream
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
I Stand Alone

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 08:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

I prefer Indie films than anithing else. No doubt about it. And I am very surprised for Lost in Translation nomination. Something is changing...or no? stick out tongue

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:48 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
foxota5

rervior dogs, elmariachi american splenor gods and monsters

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:56 AM
foxota5 is currently offline Click here to Send foxota5 a Private Message Find more posts by foxota5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I just watched a really good indie film tonight, called "Home Room".

In a nutshell, it's opposite sides of the school age spectrum, brought together by a related tragedy, and in the end find something they never would have found otherwise. Friendship.

I know it sounds like a basic plot, but the way it plays out between Erika Christensen and Busy Phillipps is nothing short of remarkable. I never heard of Busy before, but she SOLID, and I've developed a real appreciation for Erika, as well.

Anyway, if you're looking for a couple of real gripping indies, "Home Room" and "My First Mister" would make for a good movie night.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Feb 26th, 2004 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 03:22 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hmmm, I just passed Home room off as a typical "goth meets pretty girl" type movie. But I have heard many good things about that movie from alot of people. I'll have to check it out.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 04:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I do, I do, I really love independent films and foreign films

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 02:49 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

My favorite indie films
Pi
Strictly Ballroom
la femme Nikita
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Requiem For a Dream
Million Dollar Hotel

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:38 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Stiff-Kitten-

Sorry about this 'cinemaddiction' but I found "Home Room" very dissapointing, the plot was lacking and the whole theme is seriously cliche..."typical goth meets pretty girl type movie"? Indeed!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 06:13 AM
-Stiff-Kitten- is currently offline Click here to Send -Stiff-Kitten- a Private Message Find more posts by -Stiff-Kitten- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movieman

God I hate it when people talk like this.

"Who watches indie films?" "That movie was artsy" Gah.

I hate it.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 07:17 AM
movieman is currently offline Click here to Send movieman a Private Message Find more posts by movieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by -Stiff-Kitten-
Sorry about this 'cinemaddiction' but I found "Home Room" very dissapointing, the plot was lacking and the whole theme is seriously cliche..."typical goth meets pretty girl type movie"? Indeed!

Err..what other movies had this same theme and ending? Elaborate, I implore you.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:09 PM