KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Wire

Favorite season?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
1 2 15.38%
2 1 7.69%
3 3 23.08%
4 5 38.46%
5 2 15.38%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Wire
Started by: ZomBiE_HunTER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

The Wire

Wo have heard of this show I saw the first Ep. and I have to say I enjoy it.What do u guys think about it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:44 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I like this show, have only seen 3 episodes but i want to see more.

Thought they tried a bit to hard in the 1st ep with all the swearing, but that settled down, cant wait to see the rest. I like the way it follows a huge investigation throughout the series as opposed to a different story each week, allows for more depth and character development.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 10:07 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Watched a few more, on episode 8 now, its really good.

The story develops slowly over the series , so its not full of action, theres alot of dialogue and its funny too. Its kind of underplayed , so is more gritty and realistic than your average cop show.

For me its better than all the previous american cop shows i have seen recently, like The Shield, the one with vincent donofrio and CSI etc...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 08:14 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Watched them all and I have to say I enjoyed it, it doesnt follow the usual cliched storylines of other TV cop shows, this is the Daddy.

When is the 2nd season out on DVD?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 11:55 AM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The show deserves more respect and more posts, anyone else like this show?

Its not very well known here in the UK, is it succesfull in America?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 10:57 AM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

I like the show too. Cunning plot

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 12:59 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by papabeard
Watched a few more, on episode 8 now, its really good.

The story develops slowly over the series , so its not full of action, theres alot of dialogue and its funny too. Its kind of underplayed , so is more gritty and realistic than your average cop show.

For me its better than all the previous american cop shows i have seen recently, like The Shield, the one with vincent donofrio and CSI etc...

You are absolutely right! I just fisnished the first season on DVD, oh my god, what a great show. I like how the structure spreads out over the season, they don't necessarily have climactic endings in each episode. For instance, I believe episode three begins with a huge climax that would normally occur at the end of say episode two, but it doesn't. This allows for a more realistic feel. I can't wait to get season two on netflix! Good job, HBO!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:01 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

You gotta love Omar! What a great character!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 10:02 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Cant wait, the 2nd series is released on October 10th, it's already on my rental list.

I think my Favourite chracters are the quiet old guy who does the armoire, Bubbs and D'angelo.

However if you listen to the commentary from the first series it gives away what happens to D'Angelo

Its also been recommissioned for a 4th series.

Last edited by papabeard on Oct 3rd, 2005 at 09:44 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 09:30 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Its also been recommissioned for a 4th series.

Yessssssssss! smile

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 10:34 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Oh man, I just watched the episode where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: D'Angelo Barksdale is assassinated in prison! OMG, I almost cried.

Then, I watched that same episode with the 'commentay', it was classic! Dominic West (McNulty) and the guy who plays Omar are the narrators. Good times. Very insightful. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on Nov 3rd, 2005 at 12:02 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:00 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Yeah I just finished watching the 2nd series, its was really good, but not as good as the first.

The killing you refer to, also kind of came out of the blue, no real build up or anything, very effective. Stringer is an evil man.

The show is brilliantly and realistically cast no overly attractive people, just people with character. Its not slick and glossy like CSI. Also the acting is very good. Also there are no real solutions in that the story could just carry on forever and I hope it does.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 01:54 PM
Nay sayer

I like this show, have only seen 3 episodes but i want to see more.

Thought they tried a bit to hard in the 1st ep with all the swearing, but that settled down, cant wait to see the rest. I like the way it follows a huge investigation throughout the series as opposed to a different story each week, allows for more depth and character development.

That's true the first episode was ridiculous with the swearing but it eventually calmed down. I think that they're on the third season now

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 07:09 PM
Nay sayer is currently offline Click here to Send Nay sayer a Private Message Find more posts by Nay sayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Yeah I just finished watching the 2nd series, its was really good, but not as good as the first.

The killing you refer to, also kind of came out of the blue, no real build up or anything, very effective. Stringer is an evil man.

The show is brilliantly and realistically cast no overly attractive people, just people with character. Its not slick and glossy like CSI. Also the acting is very good. Also there are no real solutions in that the story could just carry on forever and I hope it does.

I agree, the first season was better.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 10:50 AM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I love the fat black guy, I think his name is Bunkum or something, he is so funny.

Also some rumpino this series for Mcnulty which doesnt go amiss

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 04:31 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Anyone seen season 3, is it good?, Whats the situation this time?

Also does anyone have any info as to when season 3 will be released on DVD?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 11:33 AM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried No topics on the Wire?

Well here's one if there isn't.

So discuss.

Who's your favorite character and why?

My favorites are Snoop, Bodie and Wee Bay.

Bodie because I watched him grow up from season 1 from just a normal punk off the corner, to almost an older brother like figure with some morals, values and ethics in season 4 (even if he's still selling drugs there's at least a method behind the madness and some redeemable qualities in him).

Snoop's also my favorite because I bet she has a rubber in her back pocket and she just generally kicks ass throughout the show.

Wee Bay's a favorite because he's like the male Snoop minus the gayness and generally tries to be a good father (see end of season 4).

(Yeah I stole that joke WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT OR SOMETHING confused )

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 12:16 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I've only seen the first two seasons, and it's definitely one of the best television series. Already has a classic feeling to it.

I love the episode in season one where McNulty and Bunk were inspecting a crime scene and all they said was fuck, hilarious.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 07:57 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah that was funny as hell, but even that pails to the awesome that is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_pKE-JDjYog

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 07:04 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The Wire

The Wire...What a f*cking show!

Just about the best TV show I can ever remember watching. After the first season, I didn't think it could get any better, but each season raised the bar and brought something different to the tale. The characters were incredible, the dialogue perfect, and the plot was as deep as the ocean (Mariana Trench).

Apart from Marlo and Cheese, pretty much every character had a sympathetic element. Which is pretty tough to convey in a show about corruption, cops, and drug dealers.

Favorite characters? I've got a few: Omar, Prop Joe, Cutty, Wee-Bey, Butchie, Bodie, Daniels, Carver, Avon Barksdale, Lester, and, of course, Bunk and McNulty. Also, as much as I hated the dude, Clay Davies was a great character..."Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet".

If I had to choose a favorite, I'd probably go with Omar and McNulty. During that final season, I wanted Superman to come and save them both from the shit (one physical, one mental) they were in.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the show, then I envy you because you've got hours of the show to watch fresh. For those of us who have seen it, where do we go from here? For those idiots who didn't think it was all that and a bag of chips, you need a shotgun up the ass from Omar and an oopsupside your head from Chris.

That'll work.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Last edited by Ya Krunk'd Floo on May 4th, 2008 at 02:44 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2008 02:41 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote