KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Being Human (American Re-Make)

Being Human (American Re-Make)
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Being Human (American Re-Make)

The premiere is over, so what did you guys think? I think I actually like more than the BBC version! I like Josh much better then George, I could take or leave Aiden (although I do appreciate that he doesn't look so dirty and sweaty like Mitchell), and I didn't think I would before I watched it but I liked Sally a bit more than Annie (although she isn't quite as good looking). I can't wait until the next episode. Mark Pellegrino was only in the episode a little bit but he was awesome as always.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 04:10 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Being Human (American Re-Make)

Only seen a couple of episodes the the UK version, this seemed similar, though (surprisingly) slight better acting.

Why do 'they' insist on making vampires look slightly homoerotic as the norm?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

It was better than I thought it was gonne be. Liked the ending, makes you wonder if Josh is gonna eat his sister.

BTW I take it vampires can walk in the sun in this series?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:25 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It was better than I thought it was gonne be. Liked the ending, makes you wonder if Josh is gonna eat his sister.

BTW I take it vampires can walk in the sun in this series?

Yeah they could in the BBC version too.

Also I always appreciated it when a Werewolf is an actual Werewolf, and not a guy who turns into a wolf. A Werewolf being just wolf is stupid and lazy (looking at you True Blood, Vampire Dairies, the Gates).

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:40 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So Josh is a Underwold type of Werewolf?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:03 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by juggernaut74
So Josh is a Underwold type of Werewolf?

More like American Werewolf in Paris quality unless SyFy beget and practical effects are much better than BBC. I doubt it will look as good as the Lycans on Underworld.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:24 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

36 mins untill the 2nd episode!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 01:24 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I have to wait until 10... sad

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 01:47 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Good episode so far. This show caught me by surprise but I love it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:15 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Jerk, I'm still waiting for it to start sad

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:25 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Another good episode. The only thing that bothered me is that Rebecca just became a vampire, and suddenly she knows enough about werewolves to recognize Josh is one by smell? Weird. Unless Bishop has a werewolf working for him, that won't sit well with me.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 03:53 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Another good episode. The only thing that bothered me is that Rebecca just became a vampire, and suddenly she knows enough about werewolves to recognize Josh is one by smell? Weird. Unless Bishop has a werewolf working for him, that won't sit well with me.
Bishop trains new vamps, presumably teaching them about other supernatural beings being a part of it. He smells different from humans, like a dog/wolf, so she'd know.

Also, if you remember from the UK version, there's a reason to teach them about werewolves.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 05:39 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Mindset
Bishop trains new vamps, presumably teaching them about other supernatural beings being a part of it. He smells different from humans, like a dog/wolf, so she'd know.

Also, if you remember from the UK version, there's a reason to teach them about werewolves.

I don't know she was pretty cavalier about it... like "Oooooooooooh I should have known you are a werewolf!" Whatever you ***** you just turned!!! embarrasment

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 06:34 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Bishop did tell Aiden he gave her a orientation.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 11:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched EP2, was meh, getting the feeling this show might just be some cheese aimed at the teeny-bopper crowd. Will try it for a couple more before I decide to bail or not.

Why should vampires be afraid of werewolves in this franchise? Seems like the vampires have speed and strength well above werewolves.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 11:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've watched an episode or two.. i like the UK version better but will watch another ep of this and go from there

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 12:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Robtard
Watched EP2, was meh, getting the feeling this show might just be some cheese aimed at the teeny-bopper crowd. Will try it for a couple more before I decide to bail or not.

Why should vampires be afraid of werewolves in this franchise? Seems like the vampires have speed and strength well above werewolves.
Well, Josh is to werewolves as chihuahuas are to dogs.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 01:44 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So he's a pussy but others of his kind are bad-ass. Gotcha.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 02:16 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Werewolves are only a threat one night a month in Being Human. They have super smell, but other than that there isn't any carry over in strength or speed to the human form, except right before the full moon.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 02:31 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

No wonder why he keeps getting pushed around. In the previews for the upcoming season he runs intgo another werewolf it seems so maybe he'll show him how to reach his potential.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 01:13 AM