KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Strain

The Strain
Started by: BlackZero30x

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

The Strain

First episode was kinda lengthy but it was good! I didn't feel board nor did I ever feel like it was dragging on. This could turn out to be a pretty good show! I'm certainly looking forward to the next episode.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/thestrain

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 05:35 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great pilot

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 05:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i will watch tomorrow

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 06:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

One of the best pilots I've seen. In fact, it may have been too good. If the next few following episodes don't keep the same pace then i will definitely jump ship but i'm excited to see what comes next. Is it just me or was anyone else reminded of Aliens through out the first half of the show? lmao

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I watched it, and I loved it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That thing from the coffin is pretty terrifying. I shat a brick when he killed that dude, crushed his head, and spazzed away down the hall while the dudes headless body twitched. ****ing brutal.

Congressman Russo and Walder Frey are also enjoyable, if not cliche, characters.

I'll keep up with this show.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I watched it, and I loved it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That thing from the coffin is pretty terrifying. I shat a brick when he killed that dude, crushed his head, and spazzed away down the hall while the dudes headless body twitched. ****ing brutal.

Reminded me of innocent blood...,the vampire covering/cleaning up her evidence

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Decent pilot. Liked how the plane plot line was straight up ripped from Dracula (the boat Demeter).

Of course, as is typical of Del Toro the characters are rather one dimensional and cliche.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Liked it at first since it seemed more suspense driven, but started to get somewhat generic horror towards the end. The vampire/vampirism being like a parasite is somewhat neat, but I got a 'Blade 2 / Reapers' vibe.

I'll keep watching, but I can see this getting lame very soon.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 15th, 2014 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

it was a good pilot. if it continues to follow the novel/comic series, it will likely stay good.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

was the pilot ep violent?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

only one scene was violent.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

2 scenes.

Don't forget [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when the coroner's "patients" all got back up and mauled him.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:44 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ we didn't really *see* them do anything, aside from pull him to the ground. the same certainly cannot be said about the other scene.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the pilot..

corey stoll's "hair" has to go...

felt the pilot ep was about 10-15 minutes to long..

the idea of vampirism being some sort of parasite is intriguing so will keep watching

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 04:40 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Robtard
Liked it at first since it seemed more suspense driven, but started to get somewhat generic horror towards the end. The vampire/vampirism being like a parasite is somewhat neat, but I got a 'Blade 2 / Reapers' vibe.

I'll keep watching, but I can see this getting lame very soon.

thumb up

The pilot was good, but I doubt they'll be able to maintain the quality level with the coming episodes.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 12:57 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

glad we got to hear sardu's voice. i'm really hoping they depict his story, along with setrakian's and eichhorst's, soon. they're very interesting.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 04:02 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this show needs more violence..

2nd ep was okay..

anyone know when corey stoll will take off that silly hairpiece???

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 06:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

What's your beef with his doll-hair-like hairpiece, brah!?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 06:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
What's your beef with his doll-hair-like hairpiece, brah!?

it needs to go or the very least fixed better on his head laughing out loud big grin

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Was not expecting this show to be so good. The story is really coming together. Early on i was skeptical as to how relevant some of the characters were going to be to the story but it's all being laced together quite well.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 04:00 PM