KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes Reborn

Heroes Reborn
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heroes Reborn

So exited they are doing another series.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/01/her...repeat-itself-/

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 01:59 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 03:21 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I guess I'll give it a shot because I was devoted to it and it's the first primetime show I stuck with it from it's premiere until the end. But the show suffered a massive dip in quality after season one, and although the final two chapters were okay, they were still very mediocre and I hated the series finale. The only reason I stuck with the show was because I loved the character of Sylar, and not only did I hate his redemption arc but he's not even returning. Hopefully these writers learned something from the new flurry of superhero films and TV Shows.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 12:31 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh damn I completely forgot this was coming this year.

I actually think Sylar became the show's biggest problem. He was an Amazing villain in Season 1. But he should have died there. They dragged him on as the primary Villain for far too long, whilst other Villains would just come and go and not amount to anything special.

I actually didn't mind his redemption, because it was just taking him away from that lead villain role. What I did mind was him trying redemption once, going back to the main villain, trying a second time, then going back to the main villain and then going down the redemption route again for good in the final season. It was too much of a zig zag that didn't work for me at all.

But him thinking he was Nathan was a pretty interesting story.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 01:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

won't be watching unless the first show gets good reviews

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 10:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm a huge fan of this show and despite the steady decline in quality and terrible ending, I'm excited for it's return.

I'm hoping good things are to come.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 12:14 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 06:54 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm most excited to see how good a villain Zachary Levi will play

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 07:20 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved Sylar from beginning to end with the exception of him in the 2nd season. For me I must be one of the few who actually liked what they ended up doing with him. People say he was redeemed but I like to think of it as..he was cured. Also remember he started killing to gain power, but by the end he had figured out a way to take powers without killing. On top of that it still took him the equivalent of several years spent inside a mental prison.

I dunno, it made sense to me in a way. As much sense as anything on the show did anyways. I will be watching and it seems the new show premieres right on my birthday. It will be nice to see it back, but the first season of the original series was so utterly perfect it will be hard to top. I have very rarely found a tv show that doesn't have any sub par episodes in an entire season and the ones that do manage that usually only have 8-12 episodes total per season, but Heroes had 23 episodes that first season, all of them great.

I will say I hated the character of Hiro though. Besides Sylar there aren't many people from the original series I'd be massively looking forward to seeing. Maybe Adam, but he is a pile of dust. Though since time travel exists he could still be brought back..he was the only tolerable thing about season 2. I don't mind the character of Peter but he was just so utterly stupid in the way he used his vast powers that it made you want to smash your head against the wall. Obviously they backed themselves into a corner with the character so you can see why by the end of the series he'd lost his powers and then only regained the ability to take a single power at a time.

Apparently Matt Parkman and Mohinder return as well. Eh, I kind of liked Matt. Micah is also returning and I found the kid annoying as all hell. Maybe that is because of the way they handled his fathers death which was horrible to me and I liked DL.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 25th, 2015 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 07:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Matt Parkman should be Martian Manhunter level at this point.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 07:44 PM
Squirrel Fart

This show doesn't need Sylar, there are new stories to tell. I am looking forward to this show again and glad to see some of the old cast are back.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 08:40 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
Matt Parkman should be Martian Manhunter level at this point.

**** Matt Parkman in his stupid fat face. **** that guy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 06:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

no, fucc you, tart!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 07:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see Matt as quite on the level of J'onn or Xavier. I suppose he could of had a huge increase of power though. Especially since he could technically get years of practice done in a matter of moments.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 08:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
no, fucc you, tart!

Why don't you go watch The Lion King and cry again like a pansy, Mouth.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 08:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

see, this is why i don't tell you things. no trust.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 08:36 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Cry for me, Mouth. Cry!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: LK is one of my fav animations of all time

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 26th, 2015 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 08:43 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 02:41 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:50 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a must watch.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 03:48 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote