KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Outlander

The Outlander
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

The Outlander

Follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

I searched and couldn't find a thread for this show. It's an awesome show!! I recommend it.

Old Post May 1st, 2015 04:36 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Started watching it with my wife; she really enjoys it, I have mixed feelings.

Do like the period setting and a few of the characters, namely Dougal MacKenzie. Jamie's alright, if somewhat of a dullard. Captain Jack Randall makes for a fairly despicable villain, which helps a lot.

Caitriona Balfe is a very beautiful women and the show likes to show her nude many a time; that's nice too.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 1st, 2015 at 05:15 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2015 05:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i gave it a chance but i really don't like the protagonist at all.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 11:40 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Man what an Ep.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ewwww they showed Randall's pee pee, and he raped Jaime. Glad Jamie got rescued tho. Randall is a sicko, good villain.

I think this was the season final. 8 Eps per season.

Old Post May 31st, 2015 08:53 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Haven't watched it yet, but I heard. Damn, rape just seems to be Randall's thing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 31st, 2015 09:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He ****s up Jaime pretty bad.

Glad another person is watching this (you).

Old Post May 31st, 2015 09:06 PM
Arachnid1

I've watched two episodes so far. Does this get better? It's pretty damn boring so far, and no character outside of Captain Randall has been all that great. This show is recommended by GRRM which is why I'm giving it a shot, but it's been rough.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 18th, 2016 at 03:40 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 03:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

She sounds like a wife any of us would be lucky to have.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 10:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It doesn't get better. In Season two it gets rather bearable, but Claire remains a condescending, self (20th century) centred woman who can only see things from her own perspective, condemns the people form the 17th century for it, yet causes problems all the time and the Scots will have to come an rescue her.

Claire thinks she's always right or she starts crying if she doesn't get her way or feels misunderstood. Not a wife I would like...

Claire is a badly written character, she has no character development and thinks she is always right.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 10:12 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote