KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Strike Back!!!!

Strike Back!!!!
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Shocked Strike Back!!!!

Holy **** balls the best ****ing show on TV is BACK!!!!! for season 5, Wed nights.

I thought it stopped on season 4, but I was wrong. **** 24, this show is 24 on crack x 100, it's that much better. Strike Back is an older British show, that's was slow to air in the US.

Here's a taste.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 10:56 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Michael Bisping was good in the season opener, I wish that they didn't kill him, he would have been a great villain on this show. He beat both Scott and Stone at the same time, it was ****ing awesome! I think Michael tanked a few shots from an Uzi to the shoulder, chest and still fought, was winning the fight against Stone.

Great TV.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Stone is like Captain America, Supes, a boyscout in a way, while Scott is the while card. Both great characters.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 11:04 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I phucking love this show! Scott and Stonebridge are a two-man COD game.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 11:32 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I phucking love this show! Scott and Stonebridge are a two-man COD game.

thumb up

I'm sorry Lest, but this show shits all over 24 and Homeland.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 12:19 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

In terms of action set pieces and choreography, it's better than 24, but that's about it. The entirety of Section 20 couldn't do what Jack does in a single day. 24 is a far better overall show. Strike Back is like junk food, whereas 24 is like a steak.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 12:26 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

In one or two eps Section 20 can do what CTU can do in an entire season. 24 needed a better HR deparment, every season there was a spy working in CTU. lol what a joke, just like any other Fox show like The Following.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 4th, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 12:31 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Oh please, they need an entire season to do what Jack does in one day and even less

Strike Back: Season 1: Had to prevent a nerve gas attack
Jack prevented 5 in one day

Season 2: Had to prevent a nuke from going off
Jack prevented that 3 times, each time in the course of a day (first time also the 2nd season of the show)

SeasON 3: Stop biological attack
Jack prevented that in one day on a far grander scale (also 3rd season just like Strike Back)

Season 4: Appears to be a WW3 plot involving North Korea
Jack prevented WW3 numerous times, including his most recent time which was a confirmed nuclear war.

Strike Back is just Commando, or more accurately COD:MF, only using the 24 formula of WMD-based terrorist attacks and the James Bond formula of exotic locations and hot women.

Also, let's not talk stupidity when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Stonebridge stopped to save girls in cages when he could have come back for them, allowing Fosters daughter to get tortured and Foster to commit terrorism. Jack wouldn't have done that shit. He would focused unrelentingly on his target

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 01:37 PM
Squirrel Fart

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Stone had a team to do the rest, that's why he stopped, to do the right thing. He's a boy scout, Captain Americanish, Supermanish.

24 does make longer back stories for characters though, where as Strike Back doesn't. 24 also has longer plots, Strike Backs seasons are like 4 or 5 eps then they move on. Strike Back is a lot more realistic and balls out crazy fun. 24 is old now, past it's time, this last mini series of 24 was shit.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 01:56 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Mini series was awesome and Jack has become a pop culture icon the likes of which Scott and Stonebridge can never be.

This show is good and definitely satisfies my post-24 action craving, but it certainly isn't never as amazing as 24 was. As stated before, this show rips off numerous 24 plots. 24 is widely regarded as one of the best TV shows ever made. Strike Back is fun, but certainly not equivalent. Stonebridge swimming to the boat was cool, but not nearly as cool as Jack spur of the moment deciding to rob a convenience store to stop terrorism, or taking out a mercenary commando team in a LA neighborhood that was just hit with an EMP. Strike Back just isn't comparable.

Also, each season of 24 is usually composed of multiple terror attacks and threats. It's not like they spend all 24 episodes focusing on one threat.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 02:16 PM
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Lestov16
Mini series was awesome and Jack has become a pop culture icon the likes of which Scott and Stonebridge can never be.

This show is good and definitely satisfies my post-24 action craving, but it certainly isn't never as amazing as 24 was. As stated before, this show rips off numerous 24 plots. 24 is widely regarded as one of the best TV shows ever made. Strike Back is fun, but certainly not equivalent. Stonebridge swimming to the boat was cool, but not nearly as cool as Jack spur of the moment deciding to rob a convenience store to stop terrorism, or taking out a mercenary commando team in a LA neighborhood that was just hit with an EMP. Strike Back just isn't comparable.

Also, each season of 24 is usually composed of multiple terror attacks and threats. It's not like they spend all 24 episodes focusing on one threat.

You're pretty much just like Quan. A fanboy who thinks Jack can beat anyone.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 02:20 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this show is pretty good. I agree that it's better than '24', but it's not touching 'Homeland' when 'Homeland' is at it's best.

Also, I want Sullivan to star in a 'Punisher' movie.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 02:38 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Show's pretty ridiculous, but I enjoy watching it. Looking forward to S5.

Forgot it was coming back on, thanks for the heads up thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 04:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by The Nuul
You're pretty much just like Quan. A fanboy who thinks Jack can beat anyone.

Not anyone, but a lot of people.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 04:20 PM
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Robtard
Show's pretty ridiculous, but I enjoy watching it. Looking forward to S5.

Forgot it was coming back on, thanks for the heads up thumb up

Welcome man thumb up

Glad that you enjoy it, not many people have heard of this show.

Originally posted by marwash22
this show is pretty good. I agree that it's better than '24', but it's not touching 'Homeland' when 'Homeland' is at it's best.

Also, I want Sullivan to star in a 'Punisher' movie.

Cool thumb up

I've never gotten into Homeland, so I show ignorance on my part.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 4th, 2015 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 04:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Nuul
Welcome man thumb up Glad that you enjoy it, not many people have heard of this show.

I started watching it sometime after S2, iirc. I marathon-watched S1 and then most of 2 until I caught up.

Lestov then told me about the original show with Porter, watched that too.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 04:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Robtard
I started watching it sometime after S2, iirc. I marathon-watched S1 and then most of 2 until I caught up.

Lestov then told me about the original show with Porter, watched that too.

At lease you're watching and liking it. That's a good thing, more people should watch it. I always spread the word.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 04:31 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Cinemax has 3 of the best action shows I have ever seen: Spartacus, Strike Back, and Banshee. Spartacus is in my top 10 GOAT shows and Banshee might be too once I finish the whole series.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 05:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is the first I have ever heard of this show.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 06:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I first started watching this after the first season of TWD, then I was like what?! Rick is British!!!

Originally posted by Surtur
This is the first I have ever heard of this show.

It's a balls out fun and crazy ass show, check it out man, from the first season. Also, check out Banshee.

thumb up

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 10:30 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I saw SB first, so I had the opposite reaction. When I first saw the Walking Dead I was like "Hey, I know that guy. He's the one who screwed over Porter!"

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 11:17 PM