KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Bastard Executioner

The Bastard Executioner
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

The Bastard Executioner

Thought there was a thread? Anyhow, newer show on FX from the creator of Sons of Anarchy.

Watched the first three; it's god awful. I mean god awful, the plot, the acting, action scenes, all garbage and true to Sutter, there's male-on-male buttsex early in, it's like the man can't help himself.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 08:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i knew it was going to be awful when they tried selling it as another game of thrones.

but if robtard says it's bad it must be the most rancid crap sandwich ever.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 09:30 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh you

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 10:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try being Scottish and watching it. The main guy was a soldier in Edward Longshanks army. ****ing prick. Haha 😂

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 12:21 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So is the Executioner a Bastard or is it his job to kill Bastards?

I only caught 15 min of on episode and yes.....It was god awful.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 01:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Try being Scottish
(please log in to view the image)

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 02:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So is the Executioner a Bastard or is it his job to kill Bastards?

I only caught 15 min of on episode and yes.....It was god awful.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was a knight for Longshanks, and the local baron as well as Bill Compton left him and his friends to die. Only an angel made him survive? I dunno. Anyway, he killed the actual executioner and is now masquerading as him. Only Bill, Wilkin's friends, and the Executioner's wife and kid know he's not the real one.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 02:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

....and someone at Fox actually greenlighted this for a SERIES!?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 02:22 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

When you get a show with as many seasons as SoA, they'll green light pretty much anything.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 02:47 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Have to say I have been disappointed by this so far. I actually enjoyed SoA, so had high hopes, but this has been shit. I am not normally one to binge watch things, but I can't even manage a single episode of this show in one sitting. It has basically taken me the entire time the first three episodes have been out to actually push through them, in the hopes that there is some light at the end of the tunnel, and that it isn't then just some bizarre glowy-dead-person blocking the exit.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 10:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Try being Scottish and watching it. The main guy was a soldier in Edward Longshanks army. ****ing prick. Haha 😂

He says he's sorry.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 03:54 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
(please log in to view the image)

It's better than being black, though.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 07:03 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Watched the first episode, was garbage.

The sets looked terrible and phony. Crappy pacing, shit characters. Crap.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 08:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is one of the worst shows I have ever seen, tbh. Nothing about it is even remotely watchable. thumb down

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 01:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Man, that sucks. I just heard that there was a medieval show that came out and was all excited and shit. I love Game of Thrones and Vikings, are there any other shows that have a medieval or fantasy setting that are worth watching?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 03:25 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by emporerpants
Man, that sucks. I just heard that there was a medieval show that came out and was all excited and shit. I love Game of Thrones and Vikings, are there any other shows that have a medieval or fantasy setting that are worth watching?

Outlander

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 03:58 PM
emporerpants

Awesome, thanks! smile

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 05:37 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

The Outlander is Braveheart worthy without the big battles. It's an excellent show.

thumb up

The Bastard Executioner sucks balls, it's that terrible.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 06:07 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Almost Braveheart worthy*

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 06:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It's better than being black, though.
Nope.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 08:38 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote