KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Watchmen

Watchmen
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Watchmen

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...c2565fa20000013

This could be potentially cool, though it probably would be a prequel series. It wouldn't be the same without Manhattan and Rorschach

Unless they make one season and retell the comic. Its already episodic after all. Still, I'd rather cover new ground. I also wouldn't mind a prequel about the Minutemen. Different characters, and all kinds of potential for a big new story.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 12:53 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hope not but for me it would depend on the cast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 03:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I might be down to see "Watchmen" adapted into an HBO series if the entire 12 issue story arc was faithfully done, especially since the movie was just crunched together and left out very crucial elements.

However, if this proposed series is going to be a prequel like "Before Watchmen" or, I shudder at the thought, a sequel to the story, then I say nay. I say leave it the f*ck alone.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 12:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Frankly, I wouldn't watch a series without Doctor Manhattan, Rorschach, or at the very least Ozy. Those are the only characters who made the series worth a damn, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 01:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2015 01:24 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a bit torn. I've always been curious to see them show what happened after the end of the original comic and how the world reacted to what Ozy did. Problem is with that..Manhattan is off world and Rorshach is dead.

Yet I don't want merely a retelling of the story..the Watchmen movie did that just fine IMO. I don't really need to see it done again with different actors.

Seriously HBO if you want to adapt a gritty comic series then let me say two words: The Boys.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2015 03:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have every issue of The Boys.

An adaptation of The Boys would definitely have to be on HBO.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2015 05:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

You guys have my interest. I'll have to check that one out

PWNT

Old Post Oct 4th, 2015 05:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or hell I'd love to see Invincible on the small screen. You'd also need HBO for that given the massive amounts of gore.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 03:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You guys have my interest. I'll have to check that one out

Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson (Transmetropolitan).

This title actually "out Preachers" Preacher with black humor.

Seriously.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 04:39 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Impediment

thumb up

It'd be hilarious to see this scene reimagined on-screen:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 5th, 2015 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 08:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

what the hell?! lmao!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2015 10:00 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The only way i can see a prequel working is if it were a few episodes leading into the actual story. There's nothing worse than prequels.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 10:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Hilarious...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 09:23 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It's weird, we can have a show like Hannibal on NBC, but get sexually explicit and people lose their minds. I don't know why the US loves violence, but is scared of sex.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 09:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Mindset
It's weird, we can have a show like Hannibal on NBC, but get sexually explicit and people lose their minds. I don't know why the US loves violence, but is scared of sex.

What is sexually explicit to you?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 09:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

showing penetration.

imo, simulated sex and any nudity that isn't full-frontal should be considered pg-13 material. You're crazy if you think 13yo's haven't seen breasts.

Last edited by marwash22 on Nov 30th, 2015 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 09:49 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by marwash22
showing penetration.

imo, simulated sex and any nudity that isn't full-frontal should be considered pg-13 material. You're crazy if you think 13yo's haven't seen breasts.

I waited until I was a consenting adult before seeing a pair of bare naked breasts.

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

It'd be hilarious to see this scene reimagined on-screen:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson (Transmetropolitan).

This title actually "out Preachers" Preacher with black humor.

Seriously.

So besides Simon Pegg, who would you guys get to play The Boys?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2015 11:58 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 04:34 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
What is sexually explicit to you?
Holding hands

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 05:47 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote