KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » A Series of Unfortunate Events

A Series of Unfortunate Events
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Is anyone else looking forward to the new Netflix series of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events? I can't wait!! I was a huge fan of the original book series when I was in my early-mid teens, and I still enjoy it even now that I'm in my early twenties.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 04:15 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh wow... very interesting news!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 06:05 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Oh wow... very interesting news!

Did you not know about it till now?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 09:53 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Looking back on it, the movie was...

Meh, not great.

Maybe this will be better, maybe not.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 10:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Looking back on it, the movie was...

Meh, not great.

Maybe this will be better, maybe not.

I agree with you onthe film. I think part of the problem with the film is that it was just too rushed. They cramed three books into a 1.5 hour lenghed film. With this show, they can take their time with it because they're not limmited to such a short amount of time.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 10:36 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yeah, exactly, they have to have good pacing, and a TV format is the best for this. Definitely looking forward to this.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 01:30 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I agree with you onthe film. I think part of the problem with the film is that it was just too rushed. They cramed three books into a 1.5 hour lenghed film. With this show, they can take their time with it because they're not limmited to such a short amount of time.
No, I just didn't like the acting.

I understand that its "A Series of Unfortunate Events", but that doesn't mean that they need to be bland and boring.

I guess you could argue that they're depressed, but the acting still sucked, imo.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 01:47 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, I just didn't like the acting.

I understand that its "A Series of Unfortunate Events", but that doesn't mean that they need to be bland and boring.

I guess you could argue that they're depressed, but the acting still sucked, imo.

Yeah, the acting wasn't brilliant. Jim Carry was by far the best part of that film, but even he wasn't the best choice for Count Olaf.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 09:04 AM