KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Emerald City

Emerald City
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gender: Male
Location: South Africa, under the bed.

Emerald City

Looks pretty epic. Can't wait to check it out.

"A dark new take on the Land of Oz fantasy setting created by L. Frank Baum that began with his The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, the show stars Vincent D’Onofrio as the Wizard and Adria Arjona as an older version of Dorothy Gale. Emerald City sees Dorothy transported by tornado along with a K9 police dog into a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy."


__________________


May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:25 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Gender: Male
Location: Malebolge

I was kind of hoping for a continuation of HBO's Oz, but I knew it was too good to be true.


__________________
Then lets head down into that cellar and carve ourselves a witch


rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

What the f*ck did I just see? Vincent D’Onofrio read this script and thought "yeah, this sounds good".

Also one of the guys with paint on his face looks like John Candy.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 24th, 2016 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 04:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Is this Into the Badlands meets Wizard of Oz?

Is there martial arts in it?


__________________

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

Oh Great. More Dark & Gritty Emo jerk bait.....Just what Wiz of Oz needed.



__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:48 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh Great. More Dark & Gritty Emo jerk bait.....Just what Wiz of Oz needed.




I'm surprised in this version they didn't make Dorothy a child prostitute with a heart of gold(and also chlamydia).


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 03:40 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm surprised in this version they didn't make Dorothy a child prostitute with a heart of gold(and also chlamydia).


Oh I am sure there will be Rape somewhere in her backstory....She apparently lives in a Trailer park so yeah. She gonna have had the rape.....and probably an abortion or 3. Cause Dorothy is White Trash now.


Wait is this on Netflix? Cause if this on the flix.....yeah rape 100%


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 08:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gender: Male
Location: South Africa, under the bed.

Same director as The Cell, still one of the most mind-blowing movies ever made.


__________________


May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 10:29 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Same director as The Cell, still one of the most mind-blowing movies ever made.


The Cell with Big Booty Lopez?


*expectations dropped 3 more notches


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 08:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gender: Male
Location: South Africa, under the bed.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Cell with Big Booty Lopez?


*expectations dropped 3 more notches


Yes, the same movie that won 6 awards and was nominated for more than 20. roll eyes (sarcastic)


__________________


May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:21 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

LOL dude..you are not helping your argument by bringing up "The Cell". That shit is terrible.

Here is what you need to realize. Sometimes in the late 90's and early 2000's we thought horrible movies were good. It was some kind of weird disease. I can't explain it.

It's one of those movies where you don't know wtf is going on, but you pretend you do to seem "hip", without realizing that the late 90's/early 2000's version of hip is downright horrid.

Wait, Vincent D was in "The Cell" as well. Now this explains it. The director chooses Vincent whenever he decides to make movies that are shitty, but also kind of dark so if you say it's bad you can just refute it with "you just don't get what it was supposed to mean" and those types of arguments.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 26th, 2016 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:30 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gender: Male
Location: South Africa, under the bed.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
LOL dude..you are not helping your argument by bringing up "The Cell". That shit is terrible.

Here is what you need to realize. Sometimes in the late 90's and early 2000's we thought horrible movies were good. It was some kind of weird disease. I can't explain it.

It's one of those movies where you don't know wtf is going on, but you pretend you do to seem "hip", without realizing that the late 90's/early 2000's version of hip is downright horrid.

Wait, Vincent D was in "The Cell" as well. Now this explains it. The director chooses Vincent whenever he decides to make movies that are shitty, but also kind of dark so if you say it's bad you can just refute it with "you just don't get what it was supposed to mean" and those types of arguments.


LOL dude... You are not helping your argument by stating, "That shit is terrible" simply because "you don't understand wtf is going on". First, you don't speak for everybody (clearly, based on the amount of awards it won and was nominated for) and second, a lack of comprehension on your part does not affect the quality of any product created by anybody. Saying a director "decides to make movies that are shitty" means you don't understand much about directing and saying "we thought horrible movies were good" means you somehow believe you are entitled to speak for everybody who watches movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What I will accept is that YOU didn't understand the movie and therefore YOU didn't like it.


__________________


May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 03:53 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Yes, the same movie that won 6 awards and was nominated for more than 20. roll eyes (sarcastic)


Yeah and Who gave it the Awards? Hollywood ShitHeads.

And Who Do I not give any Credit in anything they say or do?

HOLLYWOOD SHITHEADS!

Pull the other one Spanky.


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gender: Male
Location: South Africa, under the bed.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
And Who Do I not give any Credit in anything they say or do?


Oh, the irony...


__________________


May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 11:41 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Gender: Unspecified
Location: JP's bed

OMG... looks sooooo bad.


__________________

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:49 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
LOL dude... You are not helping your argument by stating, "That shit is terrible" simply because "you don't understand wtf is going on". First, you don't speak for everybody (clearly, based on the amount of awards it won and was nominated for) and second, a lack of comprehension on your part does not affect the quality of any product created by anybody. Saying a director "decides to make movies that are shitty" means you don't understand much about directing and saying "we thought horrible movies were good" means you somehow believe you are entitled to speak for everybody who watches movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What I will accept is that YOU didn't understand the movie and therefore YOU didn't like it.


I never said I didn't understand it. I just didn't like it. I also wasn't even really being serious, I didn't actually believe this person chooses to make shitty movies with a specific actor.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 04:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Gender: Male
Location: South Africa, under the bed.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I never said I didn't understand it. I just didn't like it. I also wasn't even really being serious, I didn't actually believe this person chooses to make shitty movies with a specific actor.


Ah, that makes more sense. wink I'll admit I have certain prejudices as well - I can't stand Christopher Nolan, for instance, and think he's totally overrated. So I would also be very sceptical about any project he's involved in.

I am just so fed-up with the whole DC Arrowverse at the moment that I'm desperate for anything fantasy-like that looks like it might be good and written by adults for a mature audience.


__________________


May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 04:15 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Yeah, to be honest I used to love Arrow. Then I just kinda..fell off of it. To the point where I haven't even seen any of the new episodes from the latest season yet.

I like Legends of Tomorrow more than Arrow and Flash right now. I thought Arrow started strong last season in the beginning, but began to fall short.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 04:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

^ Yeah Legends is by far my fav of the Arrowverse right now as well. Flash is still decent but seems to have lost its mojo. Arrow just lost the plot in S3 and never recovered. Supergirl's just got too much cheese and is lacking a good season plot.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Oh, the irony...


I know the "I don't Give a Shit about what they say" is a Two way street.


But ya know what...


I DON"T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!!!


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:29 AM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Emerald City

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.