KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Favourite TV show characters

Favourite TV show characters
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Favourite TV show characters

They can be from any genre of tv show, and the shows don't necessarily still have to be airing for the individual to get a nod. So, who are your favourites? And what was/is it about them that made them special to you?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 06:39 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I have lots, but I'll start with just two: Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder of Justified. Each of them on their own is formidable enough but put them together... What I like about them is that both of them will do what they think is right, no matter who gets in their way. And, despite being on opposite sides of the law, both of them think of themselves as good guys.

I also like the values they represent. I grew up reading cowboy books and, in my opinion, they represent the qualities that made me love reading about cowboys. Qualities like strength, honour, courage, loyalty, stoicism, intrepidness, valor... also, (not so) coincidentally, the values most prized by King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.

They are by no means perfect, and "modern man" would find them barbaric, savage, maybe even use the word "backward" - though probably not to their faces. They are macho rather than sensitive, they would rather walk into a gunfight than share their feelings and neither of them are willing to compromise who they are for the sake of a romantic relationship.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 08:43 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Captain Kirk's gotta be right up there for me.
He taught me a lot valuable life lessons growing up.
One which really came in handy during my 20+ years in the Army was, you dont have to be the smartest guy on the team, as long as you surround yourself with good ppl.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 09:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Dr. Gregory House (House)
Dennis Reynolds (Always Sunny)
George Costanza (Seinfeld)
Tig Trager (Sons of Anarchy)
Wesley Wyndam Pryce (BtVS/Angel)

i'll give reasons later.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 10:09 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tony Soprano, Fox Mulder, Don Draper, Hannibal

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 02:29 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Omar Little, Bodie Broadus, and Michael Lee
Richard Harrow, Nucky Thompson
Tony Soprano, as well as Christopher Moltisanti
Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark
Lucas Hood, Kai Proctor, Clay Burton
Merle Dixon, Glenn Rhee
Simon Adebisi
Dexter Morgan
Walter White

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 01:47 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Michael Scott - The Office

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 03:55 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote