KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Nightflyers (SyFy)

Nightflyers (SyFy)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Nightflyers (SyFy)

I'm looking forward to this show. From George R.R. Martin...

Old Post May 26th, 2018 06:48 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm in. I haven't read the novella but it's been in my backlog for some time. I guess now's the time to read it.

PWNT

Old Post May 26th, 2018 06:57 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Is this why SyFy cancelled The Expanse?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is this why SyFy cancelled The Expanse?
From what I heard, they cancelled it because they only got a small portion of the profits despite the expensive sets so they decided it wasn't worth it. Damn shame too. The Expanse is a phenomenal show. Thank god Amazon is picking it up.

PWNT

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:09 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Lets hope that deal goes thru.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:11 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Lets hope that deal goes thru.
No hope needed slim:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/26/...ason-four-saved

PWNT

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:15 PM
Flyattractor

Well sweet. I did hear that the Big Amazon Head Honcho nearly shiit himself when SyFy Cancelled it.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:19 PM
Arachnid1

Well sweet. I did hear that the Big Amazon Head Honcho nearly shiit himself when SyFy Cancelled it.
I hadn't. I had no idea he was a fan. It makes sense than fans petitioned for Amazon to pick it up now. Huge win for that guy.

Did you see the news about the fans who funded a plane to fly for two hours around the Amazon HQ with the message to save Expanse? That's dedication.

http://www.newsweek.com/expanse-sav...new-fans-934620

PWNT

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neat, an Event Horizon tv show.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 08:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

might watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 29th, 2018 02:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Anybody watching this? How is it?

I'm planning to give it a shot after I'm done with Origin.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 12:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Didnt really grab my attention.
Watched about...20 minutes? Then switched to an old ep. of Forensic Files. Cant go wrong w. that show.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 01:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Check out Origin if you haven't already. It's good...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t657550.html

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 08:28 PM
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

It’s good enough that SyFy will probably cancel it next year and then it’ll move to Amazon. no expression

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 05:18 AM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You say that as if it were a "Bad Thing"!?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 07:04 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt really grab my attention.
Watched about...20 minutes? ...

So I gave a somewhat half-assed effort to watch the first episode and maybe I was too damn tired (I did fall asleep during it), but yeah, it was somewhat difficult to get into. It seemed a little all over the place and didn't really introduce characters very well. Sounds like the concept is going to be a little complicated and the first episode felt like you were jumping into a show mid-way through some later season. I didn't like that. I don't want to have to do too much work to figure it out. Hell, GoT is sort of like that, but at least you can still enjoy it as sort of a casual fan.

Maybe I'll give it another chance sometime, maybe not... probably not if it's going to feel like too much of a chore...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 08:32 PM