KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones prequel series

Game of Thrones prequel series
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

HBO greenlights GoT Prequel Series...

quote:
HBO announced that it would make a pilot for one of the five "Game of Thrones" prequels it has in development.

The prequel will take place "thousands of years before the events of 'Game of Thrones,'" the network said in a statement. It did not say when the pilot might air.

"The series chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour," HBO added. "And only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros's history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend... It's not the story we think we know."

George R. R. Martin, the author of the "Game of Thrones" books, wrote the story for the pilot, along with Jane Goldman. Ms. Goldman wrote the teleplay and will serve as the showrunner for the pilot.

-Source

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 10:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure what to think about this, but since I like the original series I will give it a shot.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 10:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Has this show officially wrapped up yet?

I think I still have at least 1 or 2 seasons to still watch..

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 05:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Fantastic news. thumb up

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Has this show officially wrapped up yet?

I think I still have at least 1 or 2 seasons to still watch..

Season 8 of GoT is in production and will be aired at some point in 2019. Current GoT story will conclude in it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2018 08:37 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: HBO greenlights GoT Prequel Series...

Originally posted by Galan007

Hoping this new series is similar in quality with seasons 1-4 of GoT, that's when GoT was at the top of its game.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 11:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I like season 6 a lot too. Some of the best individual episodes of the entire series in that one.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 11:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's what disney should have done with star wars. a new story instead of rehashing the same characters.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 12:23 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Great news if they can pull it off.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 01:31 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
There’s been a lot of speculation about the prequel to Game of Thrones but here’s what’s known so far .

What’s it about? Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend, only one thing is for sure: It’s not the story we think we know.

Who will it star? New casting includes: Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter from the Harry Potter films), Marquis Rodriquez (Manifest), John Simm (Strangers), Richard McCabe (Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams), John Heffernan (Dracula), and Dixie Egerickx (Summerland).

They join Oscar-nominee Naomi Watts (21 Grams), who headlines as a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret, Josh Whitehouse (Poldark), Naomi Ackie (Lady Macbeth), Denise Gough (Monday), Jamie Campbell Bower (Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald), Sheila Atim (Harlots), Ivanno Jeremiah (Humans), Georgie Henley (The Chronicles of Narnia films), Alex Sharp (How to Talk to Girls at Parties) and Toby Regbo (The Last Kingdom, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald).

Who is behind it? Jane Goldman and GoT author George R.R. Martin are the creators of this new series, with Goldman serving as the showrunner. Both will executive produce, alongside SJ Clarkson (The Defenders, Jessica Jones, HBO’s Succession and the upcoming Star Trek installment), who will also be directing the pilot episode; James Farrell; Jim Danger Gray; Vince Gerardis; Daniel Zelman and co-executive producer Chris Symes. Martin was also an executive producer on Game of Thrones and contributed to several episode scripts.

-Source

Old Post May 27th, 2019 04:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm not a fan of this concept. I would prefer this era to stay shrouded in mystery and myth. Beyond that, this series sounds like it will be about the Long Night and that holds no interest for me considering how underwhelming the White Walkers ended up being.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 03:23 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was looking forward to a prequel...then the 8th season aired.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 03:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. It would all just be pointless now. Biggest Dissapointment is what they did to the Character of Euron. They turned a really cool character into an annoying Hipster NeckBeard.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 04:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
I'm not a fan of this concept. I would prefer this era to stay shrouded in mystery and myth. Beyond that, this series sounds like it will be about the Long Night and that holds no interest for me considering how underwhelming the White Walkers ended up being.
Knowing that a single member of the Faceless with a dagger can swoop in and one-shot the Night King + the entire horde of White Walkers really makes it hard to view them as credible threats now.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but damn...

Old Post May 28th, 2019 04:47 PM
SquallX

According to rumors, there were 5 stories being pitched. But ever since the back lash of season 8 from the fans, HBO’s been careful.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 06:34 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Make Westeros a theme park in Westworld.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 07:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Still looking forward to this. GoT had 4 terrific seasons, just needs proper writers.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 07:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Would be fun to see how many people cancel their Subs to HBO after this... I bet it hurts.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 07:35 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Robtard
Still looking forward to this. GoT had 4 terrific seasons, just needs proper writers.

Yes, GoT was great and a prequel series could be good if it had the proper writers... But it also needs a good premise, and I feel this premise had very little potential after season 8 turned the White Walkers into a joke.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 09:47 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It seems like they'll touch on the White Walkers "true origins", not so sure they'll be the antagonist/threat?

At least I hope so, I'd rather move on from the White Walkers.

Really all depends on writers and content, as we quickly saw how the show can nose-dive in quality if those are lacking. Hopefully GRRM is involved, can't see why he can't as he seemingly isn't writing The Winds of Winter.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 10:50 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looking forward to this so hopefully hbo don't interfere much

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 29th, 2019 03:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote