KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Witcher

The Witcher
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Witcher

Confirmed Henry Cavill is Geralt...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/h...ID=ansmsnnews11

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's kind of a weird casting. Henry Cavill is not the person I picture when i think Geralt. They are going to need a lot of costume makeup, and Cavill will probably have to get leaner. Geralt is pretty muscular, but generally (at least in art, games and such) portrayed as being relatively lean.

Edit:

Hmmm... Actually, if they can do the white hair right, it could work:

(please log in to view the image)

Anyway, I quite like the Witcher-univerise, so will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 5th, 2018 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 03:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Seems like a good choice. Apparently Cavill is a big fan of the series and has read the books so that implies a good amount of passion for the project which is a nice sign.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 03:19 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's always a good sign. When an actor is really passionate about something, like Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool, for example, it quite often pays off. Because their commitment shines through, which can often boost everyone in a project.

And the Witcher universe is really interesting. It's expanded from the books, to the games, to several comics and such as well. And the comics are actually a pretty good entry for people who don't want to play entire games or read full novels, considering the runs are normally only like 4 or 5 issues. So, it's a good starting point for people who just want to dip their toes into the universe.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 03:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He was much smaller in Mission Impossible: Fallout than Justice League. Solid but not super buff like Clark.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 10:15 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw some fan art with Cavill as Geralt. So with the right look he could pull it off.

With that said I always figured Geralt was a little older than he is going to apparently be portrayed.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, IIRC, Geralt is like 90-something, actually. But Witchers age more slowly than normal people do. His white hair isn't from age. It's a side-effect of his particular Trial of Grasses (the process that turns a human into a Witcher).

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:59 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, Geralt went under some extra mutations which turned him into an albino as a side effect.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:30 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Solomon Kane People really need to up those lawsuits.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, IIRC, Geralt is like 90-something, actually. But Witchers age more slowly than normal people do. His white hair isn't from age. It's a side-effect of his particular Trial of Grasses (the process that turns a human into a Witcher).

I see, the only game I've played in depth is the Witcher 3. Is there ever an explanation as to how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he apparently was killed by being stabbed with a pitchfork?

I read part of a book years ago, but can't remember most of it.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 5th, 2018 at 05:06 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 05:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
I see, the only game I've played in depth is the Witcher 3. Is there ever an explanation as to how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he apparently was killed by being stabbed with a pitchfork?

There was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: an argument between a human and some non-humans, which led to a massive riot in Rivia against the non-humans. Geralt kills a few of the rampaging humans, but hesitates when he gets to one who is basically just a kid. And in that moment of hesitation, the kid stabs him in the chest. But a bunch of stuff happens involving Yennefer and Ciri, and everything kind of works out in the end, sort of.

Also, I am assuming this is the fan-art someone did for Cavill as Geralt you were referring to earlier?

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 5th, 2018 at 05:20 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 05:15 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Surtur

The books are solid, at least the two that I've read.

Witcher 2 is also quite good, if a bit clunky in some respects.

First game is a lot of people's favorite but the combat is awful imo, and everything is extremely clunky in that old school CRPG kinda way.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 07:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Cavill will probably have to get leaner. Geralt is pretty muscular, but generally (at least in art, games and such) portrayed as being relatively lean.

Well if you see Immortals youll see he can be a lot slimmer and leaner.

That said if hes still playing Superman then he wont want to lose too much weight. Although some people think this announcement might be a sign that WB/DC have let him go.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 08:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well if you see Immortals youll see he can be a lot slimmer and leaner.

That said if hes still playing Superman then he wont want to lose too much weight. Although some people think this announcement might be a sign that WB/DC have let him go.

I've seen Immortals. I would say a bit bigger than that would be ideal, if you compare shots of him in that film to how Geralt is portrayed in Witcher 3, for example:

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:34 AM
Darth Thor

He can do it given He went from Immortals size to MOS size. So he must have been somewhere in between at some point.

Depends how much him and the producers are bothered about getting the characters size right. Will also depend on whats happenings with Caville Superman.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 11:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looking forward to this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I would rather have an Elric show....which the Witcher ripped off ROYALLY!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 05:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Geralt is more a homage then a direct rip-off. There are some very striking similarities between the two characters, but plenty of stark contrasts as well not to mention the stories are completely different.

Still, an Elric TV series would be awesome. thumb up

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 06:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Michael Moorecock doesn't seem to think so.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 06:40 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Leaked casting call (which is not confirmed at this point, could be bogus) suggests they are looking for a BAME actress to play Ciri. BAME, meaning black or asian or some other minority.

Lot of fans are very upset about this. If it's true it's a very strange and seemingly random decision.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 8th, 2018 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 10:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote