KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Angels of Death

Angels of Death
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Angels of Death

While Eisenhorn seems to be taking a long time to get going (and the current global situation isn't helping), this has steadily been making progress. And now we have a proper trailer. There was a teaser before this IIRC, but there wasn't much to that one. This one gives a much better idea of what to expect, at least in terms of style/visuals:

Looks like Blood Angels vs Tyranids for the most part.

Huh, there was actually a first proper trailer too. I only saw some short, few-seconds clip a few months ago, but this is not that:

The "False Angels" comment makes me think there is maybe some Chaos forces in there too.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 9th, 2020 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 04:05 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Will also check this one out. Loving that there now three (?) WH40K related series in the works.

After that god awful 'Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie; we're are owed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The only WARHAMMER related property I like is Gotrek & Felix.

If THAT ever happens.... Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 10:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672

Evem the Space Marines video game?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 12:03 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sorry, none of those things ever interested me.

Gotrek & Felix though, man, that is a GREAT series!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 12:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^I like the Mathias Thulmann stuff too.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 01:41 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^ yeah I’ve read a few of those!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 02:23 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
Will also check this one out. Loving that there now three (?) WH40K related series in the works.

After that god awful 'Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie; we're are owed.

The Ultramarines movie deserves to be given the same treatment as the two Lost Primarchs. It's actually quite a feat that they managed to fit so much awfulness into less than 80 minutes of screen time. Thankfully, it looks like GW learned from their past failure and is taking it a lot more seriously. They actually now have a dedicated group, Warhammer Storyforge, working exclusively on these projects.

Originally posted by riv6672

It could potentially happen. Even though they are starting off with some 40k stuff first, there have been mentions about some Warhammer Fantasy projects being in the pipeline as well.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 08:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Hope its decent.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 08:37 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Not going to lie. The fact that I can't identify the class of the really big Tyranid ship is bugging me. Because that thing is WAY larger than even a Tyranid Hive Ship, scaling off the Sword of Baal, as Space Marine Strike Cruisers tend to roughly be around 3.5km to 4km in length, depending on the Chapter and the modifications that have been made to it, as well as where the ship was forged. I am guessing the Tyranid force is a splinter of Hive Fleet Leviathan though.

Because, appearance-wise, it looks like a Hive Ship from Battlefleet Gothic, but it seems upscaled to an absurd degree, going by what I can make out in the 2nd trailer.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 16th, 2020 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 09:10 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It could potentially happen. Even though they are starting off with some 40k stuff first, there have been mentions about some Warhammer Fantasy projects being in the pipeline as well.

^^^Well, i’ll be waiting!

Hope you enjoy these sci fi outings, though, in the meantime...thumb up

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 08:43 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by cdtm
Evem the Space Marines video game?

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is my favorite Third-Person shooter.

It's a shame the two planned sequels fell through once THQ finally succumbed to financial issues and Games Workshop was in a questionable position as well.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 08:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Ultramarines movie deserves to be given the same treatment as the two Lost Primarchs. It's actually quite a feat that they managed to fit so much awfulness into less than 80 minutes of screen time. Thankfully, it looks like GW learned from their past failure and is taking it a lot more seriously. They actually now have a dedicated group, Warhammer Storyforge, working exclusively on these projects.

That's all good news. Going half-ass again is going to stain any future interests for a long time.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 08:20 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I enjoyed playing the older THQ 40k Dawn of War games, mainly due to things like Firestorm over Kronus/Firestorm over Kaurava/Purgation of Kaurava, which made them much closer to the Tabletop game. Though the Kronus iteration was only good for skirmish mode, as it broke elements of the campaign quest due to the changes made to some of the units. The other DOW games that came after were a resounding meh IMO. I still recall I got the 3rd one on Steam on sale for dirt cheap, played it for like an hour, got bored and never went back to it. Some of the canon is the base DOW games was hilariously bad though. Literally had psykers/sorcerors worshiping Khorne lol. And, of course, METAL BAWKSES!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 08:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I liked Dawn of War II. At least I think that was the one I played.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 10:15 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

A lot of my issues with those games have to do with how they kind of stomp on established canon (even more so than the first string of games IMO), both from a story and gameplay perspective. In fact, one of my main gripes with the DoW 2 series is that, from a narrative army balance perspective, they make little sense. Especially Chaos Rising. Because it's kind of ridiculous how a tiny crew of Blood Ravens (like portions of 2 or 3 companies IIRC) can literally steamroll through several hundred/thousand Black Legion Chaos Marines when, from a canonical perspective, that should never happen. Plus, the squad sizes were ridiculously small. Even Space Marine combat squads (which are reduced from full squad size) are larger than any of the ones you command at any point. 3 Assault Marines does not a squad make. And Jonah Orion's voice actor made it sound to me as if the Librarian was constantly trying to hold back from shitting in his armor. And not out of fear but out of constipation.

That being said, DoW 2: Retribution probably did give me my favourite character from the whole series, Kaptin Bluddflagg. I find the fact that he committed his entire Waaagh into a fullscale campaign against multiple other factions pretty much purely because he liked the Inquisitor's hat and wanted to have it highly amusing. It's just so Orky lol. And I did like the relatively fast pace of the games, where you often had to rapidly switch between squads and skills/abilities to effectively utilise everyone under your command.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:33 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

For those still interested, this actually started airing in August. But full disclosure, I got tired of trying to find out where the fuk you can actually stream it so I just torrented the first five episodes, which is what's out so far.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 10:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For those still interested, this actually started airing in August. But full disclosure, I got tired of trying to find out where the fuk you can actually stream it so I just torrented the first five episodes, which is what's out so far.

Is it because of that awful ****ing Warhammer+ app?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 03:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -Pr-
Is it because of that awful ****ing Warhammer+ app?

In part, yes. I just got to a point where I went, "Screw it. I'm torrenting this shit." Though only after I'd already torrented it did I notice the Warhammer TV site, so no idea how well that works. It's stupid though. Because when you search for how to watch it, you either get a bunch of misinformation or get linked to trailers on YouTube. Nothing about going to the Warhammer TV site itself.

On a related note, it appears Hammer and Bolter also has 6 episodes out. I think I made a thread about that show a while back as well.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 04:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched all 10 eps of 'Angels of Death', enjoyed it. Best portrayal of Space Marines on TV thus far.

Watched the 7 of 'Hammer and Bolter' anthology series that are out, mixed bag, but overall enjoyed,.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2022 08:56 PM