KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Greatest TV characters of the 21st Century poll. Please consider voting in this!

Greatest TV characters of the 21st Century poll. Please consider voting in this!
Started by: Dr Will Hatch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

Greatest TV characters of the 21st Century poll. Please consider voting in this!

So my friend created a "Best TV character of the 21st century" poll a few days ago, asking me and a bunch of other people to nominate our favorite characters from a whole range of choices across the television landscape. After several rounds of cutting the list down to a manageable size, the final 128 are finally here! He asked me to try and spread this survey to as many different pairs of eyeballs as possible, and if you'd be so kind, please considering voting in this. It's broken up into four categories(Sitcom, Drama, Animation, and Reality). All you have to do in each match up is select which character you enjoy more. If you so choose, you can even leave a comment below each decision. Happy voting!

(Mods, if this type of content isn't allowed, my apologies)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...299358295311646

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:41 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I voted, but, i gotta say, for at least, a lot of those choices were really bleh.
Many were shows i never had much interest in, and certain shows were just way over represented.
And really, Tiger King's been on for like 2 minutes.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 02:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
I voted, but, i gotta say, for at least, a lot of those choices were really bleh.
Many were shows i never had much interest in, and certain shows were just way over represented.
And really, Tiger King's been on for like 2 minutes.

Yeah, I can't say that I disagree. A lot of these characters weren't my first choice either, but I got outvoted.

Last edited by Dr Will Hatch on Apr 18th, 2020 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 02:30 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That sucks.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 02:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

What characters would you have liked to see more of?

Originally, there were over a thousand before it got narrowed down, and a good deal of them were from Marvel and DC shows. Sadly, the selection committee didn't have a lot of geeks on it.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 02:54 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
What characters would you have liked to see more of?

Originally, there were over a thousand before it got narrowed down, and a good deal of them were from Marvel and DC shows. Sadly, the selection committee didn't have a lot of geeks on it.

TBH i'm not sure who i would've picked, or who was nominated and then nocked out of contention but, a few things that stood out were...

having what seemed to be everyone from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia on there. I get its a good show, but the entire cast shouldn't still be in contention at this point imo.

you have multiple Simpsons characters in contention, when they were all created in the 20th century and shouldn't even be on the list, but no characters (that i can recall this morning) from Rick & Morty or more glaringly, Gravity Falls.

And the whole Tiger King thing. I know ppl are talking about it right now, and i can sorta see throwing it on the list when that list was at 1000 suggestions but we're talking the greatest characters of the last TWENTY YEARS. no way should something so flavor-of-the-month-ish be this far in the running.

...things like the above make me wonder just what kind of cock eyed criteria these ppl were using.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:59 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Raymond Holt is on the list so I am okay with it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2020 12:17 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Trocity
Raymond Holt is on the list so I am okay with it.

Holt is DEFINITELY one of the best characters of the last several years, so yeah, I was glad to see him!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2020 09:22 AM
Impediment
Endless

Tony Soprano, then Walter White.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2020 12:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Impediment

I'm slowly elevating Dolores Abernathy up there with them too.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2020 09:06 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Walter white /thread.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2020 11:52 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I'm slowly elevating Dolores Abernathy up there with them too.

She’s pretty badass, I’ll give her that much. thumb up

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 01:42 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Walter white /thread.

Jimmy McGill/Chuck McGill/Kim Wexler are all pretty damn close though. The quality of the writing on Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul are just on another level from any other shows.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 09:55 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Impediment

The Soprano's was created in the 90's, so he would be ineligible according to Riv's earlier post.

Tyrion Lannister though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 11:31 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by samhain
The Soprano's was created in the 90's, so he would be ineligible according to Riv's earlier post.

Tyrion Lannister though.

Yeah I didn’t catch that one, but pretty sure there were a few more 20th century characters besides the ones I mentioned.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 12:11 PM
Jmanghan

Why is the animation section filled with "Hey Arnold!" and "Avatar" characters?

Where's Danny Phantom, Jake Long, Samurai Jack???

Who the **** is "Daria"?

Edit: Remember Daria now, but not as vividly as anyyyyyy of the other characters.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 01:27 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why is the animation section filled with "Hey Arnold!" and "Avatar" characters?

Where's Danny Phantom, Jake Long, Samurai Jack???

Who the **** is "Daria"?

Edit: Remember Daria now, but not as vividly as anyyyyyy of the other characters.

Hey Arnold was 1996, Daria 1997 so yeah, they shouldn’t even be there. Avatar at least, is in the right century.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 01:35 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah I didn’t catch that one, but pretty sure there were a few more 20th century characters besides the ones I mentioned.

Yeah, I didn't read the list but I could imagine. I guess the argument is that if a character exists going into the 21st century then they're eligible, I can see both sides TBH, but I'd opt for ruling out a character if they were created beforehand.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 02:22 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by samhain
Yeah, I didn't read the list but I could imagine. I guess the argument is that if a character exists going into the 21st century then they're eligible, I can see both sides TBH, but I'd opt for ruling out a character if they were created beforehand.

Yeah, 21st century means 21st century, regardless of them still going, imo.
Plus, TBH?
Those lists were so overall shitty i'm just not inclined to cut them any slack. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 03:23 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dexter and Sheriff Hood were cool.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2020 03:36 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote