KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Dexter is back

Dexter is back
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dexter is back

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 07:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show was shit by the end, finale was shit. So meh.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 08:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Apparently fans are hopeful because the guy who was the show runner for seasons 1-4 is helming this so it could be good since those were the seasons before the show went to shit.

Would be nice to see this show get a decent ending.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 08:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

never watched...

this time i may

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 09:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you have netflix you can check it out there.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 10:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: RIP Rita

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 10:37 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me, seasons 1 and 2 were superb 3 and 4 were O.K. 5 onwards were shit. So, I have a bit of hope.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 11:15 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
If you have netflix you can check it out there.

should i binge watch any seasons

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 02:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

If they can get the guys back who ran the show in the first few seasons, I might be interested again. Those last seasons were utter dog shit though, so I'd probably still need to see a trailer or something to be totally convinced.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 03:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
1 and 2, some people like 3 and 4, me not so much.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 10:05 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I didn't see the last two seasons of Dexter as for the final season, I heard how average it was. So i wasn't exactly rushing out to see it.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 18th, 2020 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 10:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

You should begin with season 1, it's a great binge. And if you're into it I think you'll really enjoy it at least until season 5.

And if you enjoy reading you might be interested to know the show is based on a book series. I have not read any of it though.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 02:16 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I would probably like this show if it wasn't for Michael C Hall.

Something about him makes me want to punch my TV. Might be how shitty his character was in Six Feet Under. Might be how cringey the dance bit in Gamer was.

Don't know. Just absolutely detest him.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 06:14 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You should begin with season 1, it's a great binge. And if you're into it I think you'll really enjoy it at least until season 5.

And if you enjoy reading you might be interested to know the show is based on a book series. I have not read any of it though.
I have read some of the books, sadly they go into demonic dark passengers. I hope the reboot doesn't do that and yeah, 1 and 2 are binge watches only matched by the first 3 seasons of Banshee.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 07:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I have read some of the books, sadly they go into demonic dark passengers. I hope the reboot doesn't do that and yeah, 1 and 2 are binge watches only matched by the first 3 seasons of Banshee.

Yes I am aware of the demonic thing. The show does talk about his "dark passenger", but it makes it come off like just some alter ego or something.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 08:43 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
1 and 2, some people like 3 and 4, me not so much.

Thanks

Old Post Oct 18th, 2020 10:11 PM
Jmanghan

Dexter was a great show.

I hope this ends up being good.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 27th, 2020 03:18 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Episode 1: Still not sure, we will see.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 10:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm two in and it's just okay. Better than the final seasons, but not as good as seasons 1-4.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2021 07:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I'm two in and it's just okay. Better than the final seasons, but not as good as seasons 1-4.
Pretty much agree although for me seasons 3 and 4 were weaker than 1 and 2

Old Post Nov 16th, 2021 11:33 AM