KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Sweet Tooth (Netflix)

Sweet Tooth (Netflix)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Sweet Tooth (Netflix)

This looks so promising.

Sweet Tooth is a fantastic dark fantasy Vertigo title by Jeff Lemire.

Think of it as “Mad Max meets Bambi”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Tooth_(TV_series)

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 09:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never heard of it, will check it out though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 09:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Disappointed, expected this:

(please log in to view the image)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2021 11:06 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The comic ran for 60 issues, so there’s a lot of story to work with.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 02:15 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Disappointed, expected this:

(please log in to view the image)

You weren't the only one.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2021 03:27 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

Originally posted by Nemesis X
You weren't the only one.

Old Post May 30th, 2021 04:09 PM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Tomorrow!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 12:19 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Fascinating

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2021 08:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just finished episode one and it’s f*cking brilliant.

It’s rated TV-14; just one the line of kid friendly and adult themed. Minimal curse words and non-bloody violence.

I’m gonna binge this tomorrow.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 02:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Haven't read the comic myself, But Is it as good as the comic?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 02:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The comic is Vertigo and is 17+; not overly violent like Preacher and not riddled with profanity like Transmetropolitan, but dark and mature and told through the eyes of a child.

The tv show is light hearted and TV14. Netflix is trying to capitalize on the cuteness of the hybrid children, which is why the tag line is “Based on the beloved DC comic”.

The comic isn’t beloved and while technically is DC, it’s not.

The tv show is going to be in the same vein of the comic but cuter.

I’m three episodes in and I love it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 03:48 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
The comic is Vertigo and is 17+; not overly violent like Preacher and not riddled with profanity like Transmetropolitan, but dark and mature and told through the eyes of a child.

The tv show is light hearted and TV14. Netflix is trying to capitalize on the cuteness of the hybrid children, which is why the tag line is “Based on the beloved DC comic”.

The comic isn’t beloved and while technically is DC, it’s not.

The tv show is going to be in the same vein of the comic but cuter.

I’m three episodes in and I love it.
just watched the first 3 episodes. Very good indeed!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 09:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
just watched the first 3 episodes. Very good indeed!

Ironically, his guardian is a piece of shit and he's who they choose to race swap.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 09:31 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

6 Episodes in, it's holding up.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 01:24 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

First episode... this kid is too precious it makes me anxious about everything bad coming for him. The guardian guy is cool. Hybrid human animal people just started happening out of the blue? That's kinda weird but ok. Same trope of people being scumbags at the end of the world, tiresome.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 02:37 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
First episode... this kid is too precious it makes me anxious about everything bad coming for him. The guardian guy is cool. Hybrid human animal people just started happening out of the blue? That's kinda weird but ok. Same trope of people being scumbags at the end of the world, tiresome.
it's all made clear, it's that rare thing where all the reveals as the series goes on are linear and you get to expect then. Series finale done 8.5 out of 10. An excellent S.01.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 03:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I didn't care for the comic series, but damn, this was a really good show/season. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 6th, 2021 at 04:40 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 04:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The sheer amount of thinly veiled references to COVID, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and face masks is depressing.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 06:54 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
The sheer amount of thinly veiled references to COVID, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and face masks is depressing.

Didn't the comic series come well before all that?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 07:47 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Watched the rest of it in one shot and now I don't know what to feel.

Biggest impression so far is Humans suck.

This show made me so melancholy but damn if I don't want more seasons of it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 09:51 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote